Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 12:34 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,303,529 times

Advertisements

[quote=fusion2;37765417] I personally wouldn't pick it over other major urban cluster in Canamerica if I had the choice (so I wouldn't categorize myself as a 'Vanfan'), but i'd certainly take it over S.D and many other U.S cities.
{/quote]

I bet, most people, given a choice, would get SD over Van...

Quote:
You like anything U.S so why would I expect you to say any different.
I do not like anything with snow on the ground in the winter and/or long stretches of gray skies no matter the country.

Quote:
You'd prolly prefer Omaha to Montreal, Toronto or Van just because its in the U.S

Definitely not Omaha over Montreal!!!

Merry Christmas!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 12:00 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,883,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post

Definitely not Omaha over Montreal!!!

Merry Christmas!!
Oh yeah - Omaha has definately got it going on over Vancouver and Toronto

Was the Merry Christmas genuine or sarcastic? Don't know how to take you to be honest... Underhanded seems to come to my mind...

Old 12-28-2014, 11:46 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,303,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Oh yeah - Omaha has definately got it going on over Vancouver and Toronto

Was the Merry Christmas genuine or sarcastic? Don't know how to take you to be honest... Underhanded seems to come to my mind...
Very genuine....now Happy New Year!!!

Yes I would pick Vancouver over Omaha....

Old 12-28-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Very genuine....now Happy New Year!!!

Yes I would pick Vancouver over Omaha....
S disturber lol...

Happy New Year to you as well!!! Sincerely

Old 12-29-2014, 06:00 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,728,787 times
Quote:
San Diego is urban enough for my taste and many others.....Van fans always assume that density is the way to go and always desirable.....not everyone like it.
I like density but Vancouver is hardly a dense city. The fact the entire city has 600,000 people shows it is anything but dense. Paris has 2.3 million on an area of the same size. That's a perfectly dense city (20,000). Inner Shanghai has a density of 30,000 on a land of the same size too, and that is too dense.

Vancouver has a density of 5200.

Old 12-29-2014, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
I like density but Vancouver is hardly a dense city. The fact the entire city has 600,000 people shows it is anything but dense. Paris has 2.3 million on an area of the same size. That's a perfectly dense city (20,000). Inner Shanghai has a density of 30,000 on a land of the same size too, and that is too dense.

I don't think anyone would claim that Canamerican cities are models of urban density when compared to most other continents....In our neck of the woods though, Van is not exactly a sparsely populated city, particularly its core.

Old 01-08-2015, 01:15 AM

81 posts, read 154,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post

Vancouver is the 4th densest city in North America after New York, San Francisco & Mexico City. Sorry but that's a fact. I believe you're confusing density with overall population size.

When people usually refer to "the city" of Vancouver they're talking about the Downtown urban core which has a density of 11,577. (making it the most walkable city in Canada, and more walkable than most US cities)

Metro Vancouver has a population of 2.3 million and is divided into multiple municipalities. This allows individual communities to self govern themselves and be more productive when addressing key issues in specific areas.

I think your problem with Vancouver is that it's small (which is totally fine, to each his own) but there's no denying it's a walkers paradise for people that appreciate that sort of lifestyle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver