Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2007, 12:10 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,288,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz longue View Post
Today I agree with you about the weather - the rest of the time, not so much. That's because it's going to be 85f or so...on September 25th.

I like variety.
I like seasons.

David
i was kidding (hence the "sshhh"). trying to keep people away from that beautiful place. and people often hate seasons. and cold. and quirky, liberal people. (that should do it )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 02:08 PM

2,186 posts, read 6,822,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by square peg View Post
On Tuesday my wife and I found a real VT treasure. We drove south on Rte. 5-A past Lake Willoughby, which in its own right is something special. We stopped at both the north and south beaches, taking time to enjoy a late summer deserted morning. .
At the south beach off to the far left is a rather imfamous nude beach.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:12 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,930,887 times
Been there! There's a nice little walking trail that skirts the lake and takes you right to it. The view of the cliffs on Mt. Pisgah is really something - especially in the afternoon with the sun shining on them. The only real drawback as far as sunbathing is concerned is that the beach is tucked in to the side of Mt. Hor and you're in the shadows early in the afternoon.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:35 PM

1,405 posts, read 4,785,903 times
"Indian Summer"

It may have hit 80 today - it's going to be fun when we have weather more typical of October soon.

Cider
Cider Donuts
Pumpkin carving
Halloween

Old 10-10-2007, 08:51 AM

3 posts, read 15,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpecor View Post
You should clarify for the rest of the forum that there are dense pockets of liberal folks in Vermont but there are vast sparsely populated seas of conservative towns and counties. Saying Vermont is liberal and Virginia (where I now live) is conservative is just looking at the averages which is often less than helpful. For example, I lived in Orwell, VT, which is largely conservative. If you look at the voting tallies, you'll find plenty of conservative voting districts in Vermont.

Sean
Aha, someone who has lived in both VA and Vermont? Which do you prefer and why? Pros and Cons are, in your opinion?

Old 10-11-2007, 06:06 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,855,600 times
Statement of the day from a fiscal analyst commissioned by the state legislature to complete a report on Vermont's system of taxation: "overall the findings are that taxes are very complex and it's hard to draw any sort of blanket conclusions about tax systems and their impacts on individuals." When I read this I immediately thought of Yogi Berra and some of his profound and humerous comments for those that know of him. Then, after the chuckle ended I thought of Casey Stengal and his famous quote concerning the first horrible seasons of the NY Mets back in the early 60s, "can't anybody here place this game?"

Old 10-12-2007, 11:55 AM

7 posts, read 25,678 times
Quote:
Statement of the day from a fiscal analyst commissioned by the state legislature to complete a report on Vermont's system of taxation: "overall the findings are that taxes are very complex and it's hard to draw any sort of blanket conclusions about tax systems and their impacts on individuals."
why did they run for office if they can't look at the system of taxation themselves ?
If they aren't able to comprehend how taxes effect people without a report, how are they going to understand a report on how taxes effect people ?

Old 10-22-2007, 12:18 PM

Great point, Johnny 1.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:28 PM

2,186 posts, read 6,822,169 times
Vermont has the perfect toy:

it's organic, fresh and contains no chemicals

you can throw it, carve it and light it up

it's edible

it's not made in China

the pumpkin

Old 11-03-2007, 02:05 PM

Up...for Motorhead to read.

David B.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont