Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2008, 02:27 PM

1,405 posts, read 4,785,903 times

Advertisements

I look forward to "Indian Summer" every year, and I'm still pleasantly surprised every time it rolls around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 07:11 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,855,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz longue View Post
I look forward to "Indian Summer" every year, and I'm still pleasantly surprised every time it rolls around.
Agree, I just love it. Today was just great to be in the field. Too bad that the global warming alarmists will use our Indian Summers against us, despite the fact that they have been occurring probably since the dawn of man.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:26 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,065,882 times
Yes, we have been having some picture perfect days this last week or so...today was gorgeous...

Old 10-28-2008, 11:34 AM

28 posts, read 76,194 times
I visit Vermont at least once a year. It's a beautiful state and I love it. Just don't think I'd want to live there. (anymore)

Old 10-28-2008, 06:18 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,855,600 times
As much as many of us may lament the passing of a really nice fall season, the change in landscape combined with the current storm moving in on us ushers in interesting images of the land around us. Not looking forward to the expense that winter brings, but do appreciate the change in scenery.

Old 11-15-2008, 04:31 PM

72 posts, read 213,763 times
probably late on this, but in my opinion the single best reason to move to vt is the extremly low population and large areas of trees/mountains

Old 11-16-2008, 04:06 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,266,552 times
I left Vermont in 1994 and have never looked back. Yeah, it's beautiful. Until your bills come due. I'll pass. North Carolina has been great for me. I do love going back, however. Aside from Connecticut it's probably the nicest state in the Union.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:14 AM

469 posts, read 1,639,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
thank you chaz,

I am african american and summer in vermont and travel the state, I havent encountered that type of person Please Kill Me is talking about. how does he/she know they are anymore racist than the liberal people I have met? What exactly did they say to him/her to prove that?
Humorlessness goes both ways, especially if you have ever been to NYC or Boston. Flatlanders come to VT and think they can change things just because they are from the city and believe that are intellectually and culturally superior to native Vermonts and actually(as I have posted before)superior to all people they deem educationally, economically, intellectually subordinate.

it is funny, that this person talked about outdoor plumbing. The environmentalist left wants you to believe there is a global warming or global cooling depending on the agenda they are pushing and so they want Enviro sensitive homes, cars, food, farming, energy, fuel etc. but the native vermonters when doing it are some kind of rube but a flatlander doing it is progressive and hip. great hypocrisy. I went to university with many of these types, Ivy Leaguer urban dwellers who thing they are better than the rest of the world. Talking about Bush, ha ha, these people make his policies look like playground stuff.

stand up for real vermonters, real new englanders, new yorkers outside the downstate city bubble--these are the people who not only put the food on our tables, they truck the food, the shelve the food, the pick the food, they break their backs so that the yuppies and the progressives can turn around and spit on them.

we have that all over the country by the way, and in every race of people. So we should reconsider who the racists really are--the hardworking native or the flatlander who cant look you in the eye but wants to tell you how you have to live.

You are so right, I love your post, couldn't be said any better.
However I plan on moving to New York very soon, but also want a place in Vermont. Can you believe that? A place in NYC and one in burlington? LOL.
Not many New Yorkers are like that actually, you will be surprised, my family is from New York. A lot of people are awake. However, it is more so the government, government heads, and the media down here which is exactly like that and pushes that agenda.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:27 PM

1,405 posts, read 4,785,903 times
Vermont city is healthiest in U.S., CDC says - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/11/17/healthiest.city.ap/index.html - broken link)

Old 12-05-2008, 04:07 PM

115 posts, read 174,572 times
well it is a very rural state but also a liberal one at that, which is a sort of anamoly for america (while it shouldn't be an anamoly. )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont