Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2018, 08:55 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,738,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Spiderman has got some good reviews, IGN gave it an 8.7 and Gamespot a 9.0.

Worth playing for sure. Tomb Raider just around the corner.

But I'll be occupied with FO4 and also I have college courses that will take up most of my free time.
Ohhh you're a student, that explains how you have such a ridiculous amount of time to plow through video games. Yeah once life gets in the way, trust me you won't ever be "bored" for not having new games to play because then you'll have a backlog like the rest of us. So your college courses will be kind of a benefit in that respect, it'll force you to pick the games that matter most to you and boredom will be a thing of the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
I've been grinding away at Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction for the last few weeks. That game came out almost 18 years ago and still holds up quite well.
The first game I was truly addicted to. Up there with Skyrim and Zelda: Ocarina of Time as my favorite games of all time.

After 8 months of pretty much not touching a video game, I'm diving back into Fallout 4 to continue the journey with my high luck/charisma gunslinger build. I gotta say this 60-hour workweek life makes it tough to fit in video games.

What do people think of Elder Scrolls Online? I've never played an MMO, and was thinking of getting one you can play on console. I'd like to start getting into multiplayer games, but I've always been an RPG guy who loves customizing and leveling up characters, progressing through a story...

Shooters aren't really my bag. But I am curious about Fortnite and Overwatch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 09:59 AM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
I much preferred Diablo 1 over 2 and 3. 3 especially was a big let down, after the dumbing down patches to make it more console friendly and cutting the real money auction house that I effectively used to pay for the game. In Diablo 1 if you didn't take a doorway or some other chokepoint in later levels/difficulty you were dead. And then you had to try to go get your dropped gear back with some crap backup items which was even harder.

If you're short on time I wouldn't recommend any MMO. Too much time wasted trying to kill/collect X of Y while a bunch of other players are doing the same and you're waiting on respawns.

Old 09-13-2018, 04:52 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,738,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
I much preferred Diablo 1 over 2 and 3. 3 especially was a big let down, after the dumbing down patches to make it more console friendly and cutting the real money auction house that I effectively used to pay for the game. In Diablo 1 if you didn't take a doorway or some other chokepoint in later levels/difficulty you were dead. And then you had to try to go get your dropped gear back with some crap backup items which was even harder.

If you're short on time I wouldn't recommend any MMO. Too much time wasted trying to kill/collect X of Y while a bunch of other players are doing the same and you're waiting on respawns.
Yeah but I’m no stranger to grinding tho, I was a Diablo 2 fan, after all. Man it’s been a long time since I’ve had an addictive feedback loop with a game like I did with diablo. I think an MMO might do the trick.

I agree re: D3, it just didn’t grab me the way D2 did.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:49 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post

What do people think of Elder Scrolls Online? I've never played an MMO, and was thinking of getting one you can play on console. I'd like to start getting into multiplayer games, but I've always been an RPG guy who loves customizing and leveling up characters, progressing through a story...
ESO is okay...the storyline didn't really grab me like, say, The Witcher or other RPGs with more context, so I stopped playing after getting to Level 10 or so. You can get the base game cheap and try it for yourself (I think I paid $8 at Gamestop for a PS4 version).

Old 09-14-2018, 09:41 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,283,043 times
Quote:
Ohhh you're a student, that explains how you have such a ridiculous amount of time to plow through video games. Yeah once life gets in the way, trust me you won't ever be "bored" for not having new games to play because then you'll have a backlog like the rest of us. So your college courses will be kind of a benefit in that respect, it'll force you to pick the games that matter most to you and boredom will be a thing of the past.

The first game I was truly addicted to. Up there with Skyrim and Zelda: Ocarina of Time as my favorite games of all time.

After 8 months of pretty much not touching a video game, I'm diving back into Fallout 4 to continue the journey with my high luck/charisma gunslinger build. I gotta say this 60-hour workweek life makes it tough to fit in video games.

Shooters aren't really my bag. But I am curious about Fortnite and Overwatch.
I cannot plus this enough. I got Death'a Gambit a month ago. Still haven't beat it once. At the rats I'm going Dragon Quest XI will last me a year.

Old 09-15-2018, 04:54 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Quote:
I'm actually working full time but taking courses on the side. I had to drop my courses for this semester though due to changing work schedules. But I do have a lot of free time outside of work, so I waste my life playing games. Some people have hobbies, others a second job, me, I play games.

I've already been playing Fallout 4 for over 9 days, and it is as addicting the second time around as the first. It really is interesting playing it again the second time around, as the DLC's pop up once you have the required level (I finished FO4 before playing the DLC's as they were released. I'm only halfway done through the main game missions.

By the way new Tomb Raider game reviews trickling in.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/09...-raider-review

Old 09-17-2018, 10:18 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,969,405 times
starting to work through my backlog. Started Deus Ex: Mankind Divided yesterday. Played the one on 360 but didn't finish it because it was around that time that I got my One. Anyway, I played 3 hours last night and only completed one mission and two side missions. Was too busy exploring apartments and hacking into people's computers. Pretty fun stuff.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:12 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,283,043 times
Almost unrelated but, in God of War I finally beat that damnable Valkyrie Queen!

Old 09-18-2018, 03:56 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Ghost Recon right now. 2nd time through. I stopped the first play-through early because I figured out I was not doing some things I should. One of these days I'm going to read online about games before I play so I know the basics.

Or not. It's sometimes fun to find out that it's easier to take out enemies by happenstance.

The wife was playing Witcher 3 until Tomb Raider came out. She loves Witcher. TR she says is a ton of fun, but apparently there are some things that are klunky.

And the Season pass for TR seems to be lost in the middle of some south American country.

I have no idea what my next game will be. Perhaps Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus.

Old 09-20-2018, 08:14 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,864,415 times
I'm playing Wolfenstein: The New Order. The sounds are really good & with headphones on I regularly get freaked out & startled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games