Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2023, 12:14 AM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times

Advertisements

Now playing Assassin's Creed Mirage.

I like it, though it's got one of the worst collective review ratings in the entire AC series.

More emphasis on the story and stealth aspects and less on RPG elements (though there is still skill trees and upgrades of weapons and gear).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2023, 10:36 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,866,003 times
Spider-Man 2

It's really good as I expected. Insomniac Games found a way to make the game even more fun. They improved on some of the areas of the game that were a little tedious like adding a wingsuit to travel around the city easier, & a parrying system to make combat more fun along with a bunch of power moves.

Old 10-27-2023, 07:40 PM

Finally starting Elden Ring after pushing it off for so long.

Old 10-27-2023, 10:53 PM

15,850 posts, read 6,554,586 times
Still playing Solasta; this time a full play through with the Palace of Ice DLC. My optimized 9th-level squad consists of a Paladin (Oath of Motherland), Cleric (Battle domain), Wizard (green mage), and Ranger (swiftblade). Currently at 220 hours spent on this game engine. Nice. I can't wait to reach the higher levels with the new content.

Old 10-28-2023, 04:57 PM

4,566 posts, read 5,425,031 times
Im still pretty much just constantly playing Genshin Impact and COD Modern Warfare 2 (PC). Already purchased COD Modern Warfar 3 and played the beta and it seems to be yet another GREAT Call Of Duty game. Probably the best one they've ever made in terms of Multiplayer (no one plays the campaign). Again, this is just based on my early experience playing the beta multiplayer pre-release version of the game.

Old 10-29-2023, 09:18 PM

My god Elden Ring is ridiculously hard for me. Constantly dying and don't know what's going on.

I'm going to have to consult a guide for how to build my character because I am that close to quitting this game for good. I lost count how many times I'm being killed by even lower level enemies. Jeezus man.

Old 10-30-2023, 06:56 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,907,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
My god Elden Ring is ridiculously hard for me. Constantly dying and don't know what's going on.

I'm going to have to consult a guide for how to build my character because I am that close to quitting this game for good. I lost count how many times I'm being killed by even lower level enemies. Jeezus man.

Games are supposed to be fun, once it gets into this degree, fun ceases.
I would like to play the game and some like it but they are way over my skill level. Even Diablo 4 on the easiest level is proving difficult. Most games will dumb them down enough to where anyone can play and enjoy item others just miss out on us fumble fingered!

Old 10-30-2023, 10:42 AM

3,531 posts, read 3,735,718 times
I finished my replay of the OG Final Fantasy VII.

This was a nice revisiting for me. ATB battle system again, which I love. Game progression was good and didn't feel redundant. The damage limit breaks are great; they're very powerful and useful with each character having their own setups and animations. Magic and other useful skills are handled via the materia system. What I liked most about it is that when a materia is mastered (maxed), a new version of that materia gets spawned and the player gets to keep the mastered copy, too. (Ex: Restore materia has Cure 1, 2, and 3, so you grind to build to Cure 3, then acquire more AP to master it completely and that spawns a new copy of a Restore materia.) All you have to do is get the first copy of a materia and grind it to mastery, then keep grinding newer copies for as long as you like to grind 'em, all without having to locate or buy newer versions of them from a shop.

Music is scored by series composer Nobuo Uematsu, with "One-Winged Angel" played during the final battle with Sephiroth being the most notable track, although I lowkey just as much like "Fight On!" for the other main boss fights, "Cosmo Canyon," and "Listen to the Cries of the Planet" in particular due to how impactful and foreboding that track is at that point in the story - clearly something major is about to go down in the North Cave.

This game was also known for pioneering cutting edge CGI cutscenes as a gaming standard, plus the at-the-time wow factor of the summon animations. While those are not as impactful today, they're still there in all their glory.

So, yeah, I slow cooked this replay as I wanted to take in all of the story elements to try and fully understand them. I got a refresh on the Cloud and Sephiroth connection, Jenova, Hojo, Aerith's story arc, Cloud and Tifa's backgrounds, how Barret finds himself in Avalanche, etc. Even after all these years, Final Fantasy VII left me wanting to pick up the controller and play it, even if I was only able to get in an hour or two a day of gaming. Although, more FFVII-related content will be headed my way: I plan to hit Remake and Rebirth back to back sometime in the latter half of 2024. Unless the Whispers (arbiters of fate) have something to say about that. Till then.

Old 10-30-2023, 11:57 AM

4,566 posts, read 5,425,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Yeah. Elden Ring is a seriously difficult game. What class are you playing? I have a few characters but seem to be doing the best with duel wield bleed builds and MagSorc staff builds. Following Sorc/Staff builds online really really helped.

My best is a level 135 Intelligence build. I seem to have much much better success with this build than any others.

I have not yet gotten to fight Melania but I can say for certain that the Radahn boss fight is absolutely the most epic boss fight I can remember in any game since the 80s. Was a true masterpiece.

Old 10-30-2023, 05:10 PM

14,683 posts, read 14,659,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
Games are supposed to be fun, once it gets into this degree, fun ceases.
I would like to play the game and some like it but they are way over my skill level. Even Diablo 4 on the easiest level is proving difficult. Most games will dumb them down enough to where anyone can play and enjoy item others just miss out on us fumble fingered!
That’s why I never got into Bloodborne, either. I had a friend back then who said it took him a week to beat a boss and the feeling of accomplishment was amazing. Me, I’d rather advance in a game after a few tries rather than beating my head against a wall all night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games