Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2017, 06:01 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,190,892 times

Advertisements

Played some of the expansion for Horizon: Zero Dawn. My only gripe is how much more annoying glinthawks have become. Everything else is phenomenal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2017, 09:15 AM

29,518 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
Played some of the expansion for Horizon: Zero Dawn. My only gripe is how much more annoying glinthawks have become. Everything else is phenomenal.
Cool, didn't know it just got released.

https://wccftech.com/review/horizon-...-frozen-wilds/

Old 11-19-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Cool, didn't know it just got released.

https://wccftech.com/review/horizon-...-frozen-wilds/
I'm cracking away in NG+, on the highest difficulty setting. There have been some real cheap deaths so far. I had to put the game down about 15mins ago due to raging a bit hard. Scorchers are a new machine whose main elemental attack is fire based. Stock up on those ice-centric arrows and bombs. You're gonna need them! Electrical damage doesn't really do jack squat to anything in the expansion. It's almost useless!

Old 11-24-2017, 06:24 AM

4,667 posts, read 3,864,415 times
I played Middle-Earth: Shadow of War at my in-laws. Seems better than the first one. My wife just bought it for me for Christmas. $25 on Amazon.

Edit: also played Cuphead. My brother-in-laws like weird games and have been playing Cuphead the last 2 days. Not my cup of tea but it’s fun to watch.

Last edited by everwinter; 11-24-2017 at 06:36 AM..

Old 11-24-2017, 09:28 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
I've finally given Warframe a shot, and it has pretty good RNG elements and decent fighting mechanics. It gets kind of repetitive and boring after awhile, but definitely not complaining given the price tag.

Old 11-24-2017, 09:54 PM

I'm cycling between Shadowrun Hong Kong and Grim Dawn. Both are great games.

Old 11-26-2017, 09:31 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,738,569 times
I'm going to start with a new character build in Fallout 4 today. I had started the game a couple weeks ago, and put only a couple hours in without really any character planning. As a result, I think I made my character a little too balanced across the board.

So after spending a couple hours last night figuring out how I wanted to play and the corresponding perks and stats I needed, I'm going to start a new game today. I'm aiming for a high charisma/luck gunslinger build. I never really play rpg characters with speech skills maxed, so this is going to be a very unique playstyle for me. Looking forward to it.

Old 11-27-2017, 04:02 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,729,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
I'm going to start with a new character build in Fallout 4 today. I had started the game a couple weeks ago, and put only a couple hours in without really any character planning. As a result, I think I made my character a little too balanced across the board.

So after spending a couple hours last night figuring out how I wanted to play and the corresponding perks and stats I needed, I'm going to start a new game today. I'm aiming for a high charisma/luck gunslinger build. I never really play rpg characters with speech skills maxed, so this is going to be a very unique playstyle for me. Looking forward to it.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but .. well, this is not like with the older fallouts, where the fact that your character was dumb/ugly/both could actually limit you F4, while a very fun game, is a shooter. And a new character won't give you a vastly different gameplay experience .. and I know, I have 6 or 7 lvl 50+ characters Which shows that I really enjoy the game, but for what it is - a shooter with rpg elements.

Speaking of shooters:
I bought Wolfenstein: New Order. For like.. 7$. And it's awesome! Well, it's awesome if you enjoy good single player fps games. It's a pulp story so don't expect to be enlightened, but it's very well done so far, quite long from what I'm told (i'm 6 hours in and supposedly, it's 10 more hours to go), pretty for a 4 year old game, and has amazing popculture references, like alternate versions of popular bands/hits, if nazis controlled t he world.. My favorite is the "House of the rising sun", sang in German to accordion and clarinet music ;D I mean, I doubt I'll listen to it a lot but it's done very well.

Old 11-28-2017, 02:34 AM

666 posts, read 513,151 times
I last played the Sims/Sims 3/Sims 4/Dirty Bomb concurrently several months ago.

Would love to play Dirty Bomb but now it doesn't work on my machine. I'm thinking of returning to The Sims but I'm terrified of getting sucked back into it again.

Old 11-28-2017, 07:59 AM

Totally digging the art style and gameplay of Shadowrun Hong Kong.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games