Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2017, 02:49 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
Personally, I don't like the decking in this game. I find it mundane and downright annoying. Everything else in the game is pretty awesome. Try running a character or hiring one who can use drones. Drones are awesome. I'm running an elven mage with high charisma and quickness.

The first Shadowrun game is currently on sale for $2.99. That one is Dragonfall. I just bought it. It's currently downloading.
Hey yeah I actually did buy the first one too and was starting out with that one. That's too bad the decking isn't really that great I figured it was something like hacking in Deus Ex which is integrated into those games really well. I haven't played a Shadowrun game since the one on SNES I loved that game though.

I was definitely going to roll with drones and was going to build my guy with that in mind. I know I should have made an elf probably but I get tired of the same ole same ole. Orks seem to be able to get a lot of the skills to a pretty high level as well, just not as high as elves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 03:48 PM

585 posts, read 245,375 times
Played through GTA 5 again, four years after getting it.

Old 12-02-2017, 07:57 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,252,791 times
Master of Orion 2. Started playing around 1998 and haven't quit yet.

Old 12-03-2017, 07:22 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,738,569 times
Fallout 4, still in the beginning parts of the game. Had to give up on the Orvega Power plant mission because it was too hard. Perhaps this high charisma/luck build I chose is making it tough in the early going. Switching to the Diamond City mission instead and nearly there, but now trying to sideskirt around another area where the enemies are too powerful (suicide mutants this time).

Old 12-04-2017, 07:59 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,729,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Fallout 4, still in the beginning parts of the game. Had to give up on the Orvega Power plant mission because it was too hard. Perhaps this high charisma/luck build I chose is making it tough in the early going. Switching to the Diamond City mission instead and nearly there, but now trying to sideskirt around another area where the enemies are too powerful (suicide mutants this time).
A good way to level up early is to stay in Sanctuary and build stuff! There is plenty of building materials around for most things (remember to loot the cellar under one of the houses and to bring everything from red rocket - including things you can find under it, in the molerat nest), you just need to haul it back in and start building. Remember to rest in a bed first for that 10%xp boost and .. well, go wild. You can get 2-3 levels in no time.
Another way of getting xp that is really good is cooking and making drugs The latter can also be quite profitable. if you go to Sunshine Tidings Co-op, which is not that far from Sanctuary, you can find an issue of Wasteland Survival guide that gives 1 more meat item per animal killed.
Aaanyway

The 2 games I've been enjoying the most lately are Wolfenstein: New Order and Wolfenstein: Old Blood.
It's been a while since I played a really good single player shooter game, and these games are really well done. A silly story but with great voice acting and a ton of amazing popculture details (like the german "Beatles" you can listen to, since the 1st game takes part in an alternate timeline in 1960 where the nazis won), coupled with great gunplay mechanics, fun levels and the fact the designers left the player some degree of freedom when choosing how to approach the next firefight (both stealth and rambo styles can work), it all comes down to a complete single player fps package.
And the fact that each of these games is like 5-6$ right now doesn't hurt them either

Old 12-04-2017, 11:44 AM

4,271 posts, read 8,174,845 times
Haven't had much time, but, have been playing the Multiplayer "War" mode on COD WW II... That mode is super fun!

Old 12-04-2017, 02:38 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,738,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
A good way to level up early is to stay in Sanctuary and build stuff! There is plenty of building materials around for most things (remember to loot the cellar under one of the houses and to bring everything from red rocket - including things you can find under it, in the molerat nest), you just need to haul it back in and start building. Remember to rest in a bed first for that 10%xp boost and .. well, go wild. You can get 2-3 levels in no time.
Another way of getting xp that is really good is cooking and making drugs The latter can also be quite profitable. if you go to Sunshine Tidings Co-op, which is not that far from Sanctuary, you can find an issue of Wasteland Survival guide that gives 1 more meat item per animal killed.
Aaanyway

The 2 games I've been enjoying the most lately are Wolfenstein: New Order and Wolfenstein: Old Blood.
It's been a while since I played a really good single player shooter game, and these games are really well done. A silly story but with great voice acting and a ton of amazing popculture details (like the german "Beatles" you can listen to, since the 1st game takes part in an alternate timeline in 1960 where the nazis won), coupled with great gunplay mechanics, fun levels and the fact the designers left the player some degree of freedom when choosing how to approach the next firefight (both stealth and rambo styles can work), it all comes down to a complete single player fps package.
And the fact that each of these games is like 5-6$ right now doesn't hurt them either
Interesting, thanks for the tips! I haven't even gotten into the settlement building yet. I assumed it was something I would just start to encounter as I adventure through the big questlines. Perhaps I should go "talk to Sturges" in Sanctuary lol.

Fortunately my high luck and putting a point in the Idiot Savant perk has helped with the early leveling. Right now I'm doing that freedom trail quest. Btw, I see everyone's issue with the dialogue wheel in Fallout 4, it's kind of lame.

I played Wolfenstein: TNO, and I agree the story is a bit silly though I enjoyed the mechanics. I actually had to make the difficulty easier at one point because I wanted to just get through it and move on to other games, and I was just getting mobbed repeatedly. I wasn't in love with it so I didn't think I'd be returning to the series.

However, the recently released Wolfenstein 2: the New Colossus has been getting great reviews.

Old 12-05-2017, 12:46 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,729,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Interesting, thanks for the tips! I haven't even gotten into the settlement building yet. I assumed it was something I would just start to encounter as I adventure through the big questlines. Perhaps I should go "talk to Sturges" in Sanctuary lol.

Fortunately my high luck and putting a point in the Idiot Savant perk has helped with the early leveling. Right now I'm doing that freedom trail quest. Btw, I see everyone's issue with the dialogue wheel in Fallout 4, it's kind of lame.

I played Wolfenstein: TNO, and I agree the story is a bit silly though I enjoyed the mechanics. I actually had to make the difficulty easier at one point because I wanted to just get through it and move on to other games, and I was just getting mobbed repeatedly. I wasn't in love with it so I didn't think I'd be returning to the series.

However, the recently released Wolfenstein 2: the New Colossus has been getting great reviews.
Talking to Sturges starts the short chain of tutorial quests for base buildings. It's purely optional though - as in, almost all base building can be simply skipped, though imo that would be a mistake as it's super fun. Still if you decide not to, you won't get caught offguard later on, when suddenly the game wants you to do something you've no idea how to do. Seriously, I could talk for hours about F4.. but maybe I shouldn't hijack this thread

As for wolf - I found it's difficulty (I finished both the New Order and Old Blood, the other just yesterday, on the 4th out of 5 difficulty) refreshing - it was challenging at times and very relaxing at other times Unfortunately I won't be able to pay the sequel just yet, I'll need a better gpu for that.. and since it's by far not a priority, the game will wait.

Old 12-05-2017, 04:37 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,190,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Hey yeah I actually did buy the first one too and was starting out with that one. That's too bad the decking isn't really that great I figured it was something like hacking in Deus Ex which is integrated into those games really well. I haven't played a Shadowrun game since the one on SNES I loved that game though.

I was definitely going to roll with drones and was going to build my guy with that in mind. I know I should have made an elf probably but I get tired of the same ole same ole. Orks seem to be able to get a lot of the skills to a pretty high level as well, just not as high as elves.
I dumped the elf mage with high charisma and started a dwarven rigger. I find it much more better playing as one and having gotten the ghoul to join my party as well as a certain Russian fellow. The mage sucks due to throwing fireballs, mana balls, or whatever and missing more than half the time. It felt like a waste of AP.

Old 12-05-2017, 09:03 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,969,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
Haven't had much time, but, have been playing the Multiplayer "War" mode on COD WW II... That mode is super fun!

it is really fun, but they need more maps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games