Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2017, 09:29 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,190,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Batman: Arkham Knight, and boy was I turned off to this game after only a couple hours playing. I want to play Batman, not GTA. The game really forces the Batmobile and tank battles on you early...ugh. Not only that, the story to start off isn't compelling and the hammy dialogue isn't doing it for me either.

It's such a shame considering how much I loved both of the previous Arkham Games (Asylum and City, not Origins).

Will not be continuing this game.
You're not missing a thing. The Shatmobile battles get way worse and annoying later on. I really wish the Shatmobile hadn't been forced and only used as an alternative mode of transportation. I prefer gliding through Gotham. If you want to get the true ending, you'll also have to do ALL of the Riddler's riddles in order to save Selina. Yes, that also means using the Shatmobile for those.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 03:23 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,738,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
You're not missing a thing. The Shatmobile battles get way worse and annoying later on. I really wish the Shatmobile hadn't been forced and only used as an alternative mode of transportation. I prefer gliding through Gotham. If you want to get the true ending, you'll also have to do ALL of the Riddler's riddles in order to save Selina. Yes, that also means using the Shatmobile for those.
THANK you for telling me this. My god that sounds terrible. Maybe I'll trade it in for a few bucks on Amazon or something.

The Batmobile seriously changed the tone of the game. Being Batman is all about what you described, gliding around through the darkness of Gotham, surprising your enemies and kicking the crap out of them. Clunkily attempting to drive the Batmobile over buildings, fighting tank battles, and being FORCED to use it to advance in the game is ****ing irritating as hell. It was a complete buzzkill to the Batman experience.

Old 11-03-2017, 01:40 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,729,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
THANK you for telling me this. My god that sounds terrible. Maybe I'll trade it in for a few bucks on Amazon or something.

The Batmobile seriously changed the tone of the game. Being Batman is all about what you described, gliding around through the darkness of Gotham, surprising your enemies and kicking the crap out of them. Clunkily attempting to drive the Batmobile over buildings, fighting tank battles, and being FORCED to use it to advance in the game is ****ing irritating as hell. It was a complete buzzkill to the Batman experience.
What platform did you play this on ? I was thinning of picking it up, but (at least on release) the PC port was so bad, it was unplayable. I wonder if they fixed at least the major issues, from what I read there were many.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
What platform did you play this on ? I was thinning of picking it up, but (at least on release) the PC port was so bad, it was unplayable. I wonder if they fixed at least the major issues, from what I read there were many.
It doesn't make a difference despite the fact the Shatmobile is forced and you HAVE you use it in order to advance the storyline. Even the fight against Deathstroke wasn't much of a fight. It was a stupid, lame ass tank battle.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:04 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,729,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
It doesn't make a difference despite the fact the Shatmobile is forced and you HAVE you use it in order to advance the storyline. Even the fight against Deathstroke wasn't much of a fight. It was a stupid, lame ass tank battle.
Yeah, I understand some ..let's say, design choices, weren't the best (and that is an euphemism).
But from what I saw, at least on consoles you could play the game, without constant stutter, fps dropping to 1 and the game hard crashing every 15 minutes - that's how it was on release. They even took it down from steam at some point, there were so many critical bugs. That's why I'm asking about the platform

Old 11-03-2017, 08:42 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,864,415 times
I didn’t notice any issues on PS4 with Batman Arkham knight. It’s still my favorite PS4 game. As ign said, “it’s an outstanding game on almost every level.” I thought the batmobile added a fun factor the other Batman’s lacked on PS3.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:16 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
I had fun with Arkham Knight, no complaints.

Had fun at first with Wolfenstein II but then it got boring for me at only about a couple of hours in. I hate that the stealth system is so wonky.

Going to return it tomorrow and try to rent the next Call of Duty game.

Old 11-04-2017, 01:09 AM

242 posts, read 317,882 times
Pokémon Stadium on N64.

Those Metronome battles are hilarious. Flying Snorlax.

Old 11-04-2017, 07:10 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,738,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
I played it on PS4, the actual playability of the game is fine, none of the issues you were describing above for PC. I just found the first 2 hours of the game not very fun to play, and I'm at a point in my life now where I don't have time to spend many hours trying to get into a game, hoping it will be good.

Some people don't mind the Batmobile, as you can see above a couple other users liked the game just fine. For me, I got such a backlog of games I'm not going to succumb to the sunk cost fallacy and keep playing a game I don't enjoy just cuz i paid for it however many months ago.

And FWIW, in Batman:Arkham Knight does have an 87 on Metacritic for PS4, so Creature of the Wheel and I are probably in the minority.

Old 11-04-2017, 07:19 AM

When I wasn't being forced to use the Shatmobile, I was having a blast. The combat was real slick and felt refined. I wish there were predator maps in the game. The DLC sucked, and that is a damn shame. The whole city's landscape looked great and I enjoyed gliding and power gliding throughout the city. The boss fights were underwhelming. The final "fight" against Jason Todd/Arkham Knight was disappointing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games