Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2018, 01:10 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,551,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I just watched a video on the upcoming Resident Evil 2 remake, a game I was eagerly anticipating.

However, I saw that they put in a virtually indestructible Tyrant enemy that continually follows you throughout the buildings. The game designers purpose for that was to create a continued sense of tension and unease, as you cannot take your time to figure out your surroundings lest the enemy catches up to you.

I hope to find out more about this, but that really dampened my enthusiasm.
I enjoyed Tyrant in RE 3 long ago--definitely added a sense of urgency when he showed up.

As I recall I avoided him whenever I encountered him, unless there was a scripted encounter you couldn't get out of, but I'm now learning he drops super-rare items (parts for a powerful weapon) if you engage him. I currently have RE 3 on PSP, will probably fire it up just to try that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2018, 02:11 AM

9 posts, read 5,531 times
Tetris

Old 12-13-2018, 06:09 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,192,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
I enjoyed Tyrant in RE 3 long ago--definitely added a sense of urgency when he showed up.

As I recall I avoided him whenever I encountered him, unless there was a scripted encounter you couldn't get out of, but I'm now learning he drops super-rare items (parts for a powerful weapon) if you engage him. I currently have RE 3 on PSP, will probably fire it up just to try that.
Nemesis was the one in RE3. Tyrant is the one in RE2 who is also known as Mr. X. All I want to see in this remake is the birth of William Birkin's monster baby after he impregnates that one detective in the jail.

The birth happens at around 5:17.

Last edited by Creature of the Wheel; 12-13-2018 at 06:19 AM..

Old 12-13-2018, 08:43 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,551,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
Nemesis was the one in RE3. Tyrant is the one in RE2 who is also known as Mr. X. All I want to see in this remake is the birth of William Birkin's monster baby after he impregnates that one detective in the jail.

The birth happens at around 5:17.
Ahhh, my bad.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:16 AM

29,524 posts, read 22,680,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post

I think the latest rumor is that RE3 will also be remade.

Old 12-16-2018, 04:19 AM

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is the most previous game I played and it was subjected to one of the quickest uninstalls ever. When I was playing and not dealing with the seemingly constant onslaught of loading screens, it shaping up to a pretty good game. However, all of those loading screens destroy any and all fun and immersion there is to be had. It doesn't matter if you're using a HDD or SSD. The loading times take the same amount of time and are just as frequent. Then you're met with a severe drop in frame rates during conversations.

Old 12-18-2018, 07:56 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,866,654 times
God of War is amazing. The combat's pretty easy though & I feel overpowered. The previous God of War games were much more challenging. Do I dare turn up the difficulty now or does it suddenly get a lot harder? I'm on regular/medium difficulty. I think I'm maybe 2/3 of the way through. I'm where the boy got sick & we're taking him back to the witch.

Edit: I upped the difficulty. It feels more balanced now.

Last edited by everwinter; 12-18-2018 at 08:40 PM..

Old 12-20-2018, 07:10 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,908,201 times
Quit Red Dead 2 as it was too boring, went to Shadow of the Tomb Raider, excellent game!!

Old 12-20-2018, 08:40 AM

Immortal Redneck by way of GOG on my custom rig. It's a FPS with elements of Borderlands and any given rogue-lite, but you get to keep your level and skills when you die. After respawning, you get to spend all of the money you looted from the last romp through a pyramid. Spending money will make you more powerful and unlock skills, certain favors, and so on. I found myself enjoying more than I thought I would.

Old 12-30-2018, 06:24 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,905,951 times
Just getting started with Just Cause 4.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games