Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2016, 08:46 PM

20 posts, read 33,372 times

Advertisements

So, I was driving by Terrapin Row today and for the first time, I noticed huge Amazon logos (the arrow) on the large retail storefront along Guilford...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 08:00 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,566,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavensbee View Post
So, I was driving by Terrapin Row today and for the first time, I noticed huge Amazon logos (the arrow) on the large retail storefront along Guilford...
I was hoping for a new breakfast spot that would take the place of Platos. Like a small cafe, but, here is what is potentially coming, an Amazon mailroom:

Quote:
Amazon is increasing its presence on college campuses by setting up branded mailrooms at a number of universities and institutions where students will be able to pick up packages sent by the online retailer.

https://www.freshu.io/daphine-hender...llege-campuses
Amazon opens its first store - Feb. 4, 2015

Old 11-17-2016, 07:55 AM

662 posts, read 783,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
I was hoping for a new breakfast spot that would take the place of Platos. Like a small cafe, but, here is what is potentially coming, an Amazon mailroom:

https://www.freshu.io/daphine-hender...llege-campuses
Amazon opens its first store - Feb. 4, 2015

Is this that auto store that was supposed to be a wine place?

Old 11-17-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingbutnotlost View Post
Is this that auto store that was supposed to be a wine place?
This is the large retail space on the left in the new Terrapin Row student housing complex pictured below on the edge of campus. It is where the Knox Boxes were two blocks from Rt.1. The auto parts store is on Rt. 1. across the street from the Exxon.

Old 11-17-2016, 09:39 AM

662 posts, read 783,043 times
Oh ok. I consider that student-ville. It would be nice if community members could use it as well.

Old 11-17-2016, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingbutnotlost View Post
Oh ok. I consider that student-ville. It would be nice if community members could use it as well.
They have off-campus Amazon Locker locations for non-students. You can find them at The Mall at Prince Georges and Shoppers in North College Park.

Old 12-06-2016, 09:02 AM

Here is an article about College Park that was written back in August. It was previously subscriber content.

When you think about it, the following is pretty impressive for a town like College Park in a county that has been disregarded by developers for decades. Talk about rocketing through headwinds.

Quote:
By the numbers

Number of construction projects in motion in College Park and at the University of Maryland

1.5 million

Total square feet in development

$1 billion

Total public and private investment
http://www.bizjournals.com/washingto...-grows-up.html

Old 12-13-2016, 04:44 AM

282 posts, read 322,558 times
Take a tour of the ArtHouse before it opens on Route 1 next semester - The Diamondback

Old 12-13-2016, 07:21 AM

Nice. Can't wait for it to open. I think this was funny and sad at the same time. lol

Quote:
"We're really in the music scene in Philadelphia and we had the opportunity to come here to the University of Maryland, to College Park, and bring some of that energy to an area that needed a jolt of energy," he said.
College Park is the Frankenstein of college towns waiting on that jolt of energy to come alive. lol

Old 12-15-2016, 07:42 AM

Possible new "quality" tenant for the REI spot in College Park.

Quote:
The loss of REI may be a sad news for a lot of us, but this also gives us an opportunity to see some quality businesses moving to the vacant area. I want to thank everyone for the ideas of those potential businesses in this thread.

Thankfully, I learned today that there is a very strong possibility of a “quality” business moving to REI’s vacant spot. The potential business is now working with the lease terms etc.
Another Business May Soon Replace College Park REI | KabirCares.org
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland