Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 05:37 PM

404 posts, read 1,094,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiasfunkee View Post
Ok so I am 24 years old and in grad school here I have grown up in DC/MD my entire life. The problem is I have a HUGE problem meeting women in DC. Wherever I go I have a problem here. I do get numbers and whatever but its not the same as other places.

For example, I lived in Manhattan during the summer and I must have met around 10x the amount of ladies I meet here. I mean around 4-5 numbers per night and they were MUCH more attractive not to mention a billion times friendlier. I even got met a couple of models there

Then I go to Pittsburgh, I meet TONS of chicks there. And they are so much more homely, friendly, and attractive than chicks here.

California? Same exact deal, meet a bunch of chicks who are legitimately nice and friendly along with being extremely attractive.

Hawaii? I met a bunch of girls there too who are EXTREMELY FRIENDLY. and these are people who live there/natives.

Florida/Miami? Same thing

But in DC, its impossible. Not only is it IMPOSSIBLE to meet any chicks here, they are not even 1/8th as of attractive as the chicks in other places (no offense to any women reading this thread). On top of that, they are extremely cold and not friendly at all. When I was in NY and CA, gorgeous women would smile at me all the time on the street or start up conversations and just talk while waiting in line. Here? Everyone stares at the ground and gives you cold stares while not talking to you at all. I am also Italian, Indian, and Brazilian, so its even harder here because it seems as if white sticks to white, black to black, asian to asian, etc. Whereas it doesnt matter in those other places Ive been to, they actually enjoy it more the diversity.

Its like the goldmine for cold, unfriendly, mean people who are not nearly as attractive as they think they are.
Could it be because you're a "Never-Nude"? Joking.. I sympathize.

http://www.zgeek.com/forum/gallery/f...never.nude.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 06:37 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,176,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiasfunkee View Post
Ok so I am 24 years old and in grad school here I have grown up in DC/MD my entire life. The problem is I have a HUGE problem meeting women in DC. Wherever I go I have a problem here. I do get numbers and whatever but its not the same as other places.

For example, I lived in Manhattan during the summer and I must have met around 10x the amount of ladies I meet here. I mean around 4-5 numbers per night and they were MUCH more attractive not to mention a billion times friendlier. I even got met a couple of models there

Then I go to Pittsburgh, I meet TONS of chicks there. And they are so much more homely, friendly, and attractive than chicks here.

California? Same exact deal, meet a bunch of chicks who are legitimately nice and friendly along with being extremely attractive.

Hawaii? I met a bunch of girls there too who are EXTREMELY FRIENDLY. and these are people who live there/natives.

Florida/Miami? Same thing

But in DC, its impossible. Not only is it IMPOSSIBLE to meet any chicks here, they are not even 1/8th as of attractive as the chicks in other places (no offense to any women reading this thread). On top of that, they are extremely cold and not friendly at all. When I was in NY and CA, gorgeous women would smile at me all the time on the street or start up conversations and just talk while waiting in line. Here? Everyone stares at the ground and gives you cold stares while not talking to you at all. I am also Italian, Indian, and Brazilian, so its even harder here because it seems as if white sticks to white, black to black, asian to asian, etc. Whereas it doesnt matter in those other places Ive been to, they actually enjoy it more the diversity.

Its like the goldmine for cold, unfriendly, mean people who are not nearly as attractive as they think they are.
My guess is that since Washington DC is more into 'power' and 'prestige' and such, which is generally connected to their worklife. Which is also connected to age.

My guess is that you are competing with guys WAY above what you have to offer.

Whereas when you get into the other places, like L.A. and Miami and such...it is significantly less about power and prestige...and a lot more about physical appearance, cars, partying. So, I'd think a person in the mid-20s would be prime in those cities.

(That's if this is a serious post)

Old 01-26-2011, 06:39 PM

135 posts, read 146,965 times
So what im getting from this thread and the recent responses is that a man in is early or mid 20's, unless he's some kind of prodigy he has no chance and should just buzz off and go away until he is 30?

Old 01-26-2011, 06:42 PM

8 posts, read 20,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlsanders View Post
So what im getting from this thread and the recent responses is that a man in is early or mid 20's, unless he's some kind of prodigy he has no chance and should just buzz off and go away until he is 30?
I dont know, I mean I wear simple V-neck and jeans here whereas guys are dressing up and looking like it took them 2 hours to get ready. I guess that look isnt so successful here because it really worked in Cali and NY.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:04 PM

135 posts, read 146,965 times
Well I said this once and ill say it again, there isnt much diversity in what type of man a woman is attracted to in DC. No one is checking for the man on the come up, you need to already be on top when you come to DC, thats a lesson ive learned the hard way unfortunatly.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:57 PM

1,346 posts, read 4,213,285 times
I can say that power isn't the only thing women go for. Most on here know I have a blue-collar job. I don't make a lot of money at all and have no complaints about the area. The way some of you talk, I can see why you have problems. You think every woman should flock to you.

Old 01-26-2011, 09:02 PM

Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,715,251 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxL1uXwSrdU

Old 01-26-2011, 09:05 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,752,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahales View Post

LOL "and thennnnnnn?". "That's all I want", "and thennnnnnnnnnnnn?!?", "what?", "and thennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!?!?!?!"

Racial Stereotyping is bad, kids as these graphics show:

http://jerichodignadice.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/stereotypes.jpg (broken link)

and google isn't always right:

http://www.motifake.com/image/demoti...1256184463.jpg

Old 01-27-2011, 08:08 AM

1,605 posts, read 3,916,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlsanders View Post
Well I said this once and ill say it again, there isnt much diversity in what type of man a woman is attracted to in DC. No one is checking for the man on the come up, you need to already be on top when you come to DC, thats a lesson ive learned the hard way unfortunatly.
Basically. And the sad thing is that thanks to this economy, DC is one of the few places where a person can even find a job that will build up his resume. However, despite plenty of females on the same level, most will only consider those on the "top of their game" or those who already have a gf. Or you could be a tool and become some MTV/BET socially constructed image like a yuppie, hipster, playa, or gangsta, and act like we're still in middle school, considering that's the average maturity level of most young people here, and to be blunt, the aforementioned role is basically what "having game" amounts to in DC.

My honest suggestion is to just build your resume, save your money, and when you get the chance, move to one of the places where you were received much better. You mentioned that you received better attention in NYC, so in the meantime, make some frequent inexpensive weekend trips via Megabus/Boltbus to the Big Apple in order to boost your morale and quite frankly keep your sanity. I just went to California for a vacation, and had a similar experience of getting a lot more positive attention from females, and just better treatment from people in general, especially while in San Diego, as well as from San Francisco natives, and even from people in LA. And make sure you do it before your late twenties so you can compensate for lost time without looking like some old creep who hasn't "grown up" and still wants to party it up with young girls.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:16 AM

Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,715,251 times
I will say this, chicks in the south more easily impressed (not that I agree with you guys assessment of D.C. women cause I don't). Put a picture of yourself in suit on your profile and update your occupation and chicks from undergrad and high school will come out the woodwork trying to find you.. SMH..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC