Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2021, 12:17 AM

8,075 posts, read 8,384,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlud View Post
I didn’t backtrack anything...millions of illegal aliens in the country, thousands coming across daily shipped to cities by our government, many testing positive. So while people like Rachel Maddow recognize the unmasked that may have something as “the enemy”the know positive cases are released into the public....no problem

Don’t worry, it’s all over soon Those not confident in their vaccines and still afraid can stay in and order to go and instacart
Yeah, yeah, yeah: "thousands coming across daily," not millions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2021, 04:48 AM

3,700 posts, read 2,424,058 times
Very stupid decision.

Anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers will just not wear a mask.

And spread the new variants.

Old 05-18-2021, 05:50 AM

20,165 posts, read 9,065,378 times
being vaccinated means you will not die or even need to go to the hospital from Covid. That's good enough for me, I have some living to do. Wearing a mask and/or just staying home is an option. Do as you please.

Old 05-18-2021, 07:31 AM

368 posts, read 306,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
I have no idea what that even means.
A vaccine is a solution. To require a solution means you have a problem to solve.

I do not require that solution.

Location: Whatcom County, WA/Cherokee County, NC/Pike County, KY
447 posts, read 333,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
Very stupid decision.

There have always been variants. Just like there have always been viruses. Whose paying you to sell vaccines?

2,915 posts, read 1,364,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
You do know that there are still people who can not be vaccinated and those people tend to have families who are trying to be careful of them. Young children still can not be vaccinated and there are other vulnerable people who have issues that prevent their being vaccinated.

I've got a tenant who has two preschool children with a bone marrow disease. Even when the vaccine is approved for their age, they still won't be able to have the vaccine.

Vaccine isn't rainbows and unicorns and one size fits absolutely everybody. Not everyone is going to be able to seek protection by vaccination, so some people are going to have to continue to practice caution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Of course I know not everyone can or will be vaccinated. Yet or ever.

The best we can hope for is that most of us will be, and that in and of itself, will provide herd protection to the vulnerable.

The vulnerable still have to be careful... but that has always been true, the only thing that is really new here is this expectation that everyone *else* live like they are both dangerous and vulnerable, when they are neither.

What is your solution?
It's pretty simple and we've done it before with diseases like polio and measles: If everyone who is able were to get the vaccine then the most vulnerable, those who cannot be vaccinated, will be protected.

It's not a lot to ask. The vaccine is well tested now and proven safe and the technology is not new. A bit of pain from the needle, possibly some aches and fever - to help keep those people safe.

Old 05-18-2021, 07:34 AM

Location: Whatcom County, WA/Cherokee County, NC/Pike County, KY
447 posts, read 333,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
being vaccinated means you will not die or even need to go to the hospital from Covid. That's good enough for me, I have some living to do. Wearing a mask and/or just staying home is an option. Do as you please.
Lately, most hospitalizations due to covid are vaccinated people while the US is still under 50% who have begun to be vaccinated.

Old 05-18-2021, 07:42 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,144,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzdevil View Post
Lately, most hospitalizations due to covid are vaccinated people while the US is still under 50% who have begun to be vaccinated.
This is a lie.

https://newsroom.clevelandclinic.org...-unvaccinated/

Old 05-18-2021, 07:52 AM

106 posts, read 76,415 times
Quote:
Very stupid decision.

Old 05-18-2021, 08:22 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,144,323 times
Quote:
Very stupid decision.

I don't know why these two types are generally combined as if they are the same type of people. There are people who started to wear mask even before it was mandated by the government and who are still hesitant to get the vaccine because it is still new and prefer to continue to wear their mask. There are other types who would get the vaccine only because they want to get their freedom back. And there are the types that will never get any vaccine and they are the true anti-vaxxers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington