Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your favorite season?
Autumn 19 44.19%
Winter 7 16.28%
Spring 5 11.63%
Summer 9 20.93%
like them all! 3 6.98%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 02:09 PM

175 posts, read 324,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone13 View Post
Who needs seasons..........I'd take an highland tropical rain forest climate any day...where one day is just like the next........
I don't like crazy temperature variation either, but there is no tropical place with autumn/spring-like temperatures everyday. I hate heat, and I hate cold even more, so if it was up to me, I would wish that everyday could be like spring (50 - 70 degrees with occasional rain).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 02:59 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asbereth View Post
I don't like crazy temperature variation either, but there is no tropical place with autumn/spring-like temperatures everyday. I hate heat, and I hate cold even more, so if it was up to me, I would wish that everyday could be like spring (50 - 70 degrees with occasional rain).
that's why he said highland climate. How about a place like this:

Bogotá - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

or

Nairobi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-04-2011, 03:35 PM

5,586 posts, read 10,654,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asbereth View Post
I have heard Ecuador is sometimes referred to as the land of eternal spring with temperatures in Quito almost always between 50 and 70F with occasional rain. It has areas at sea level and areas at 6000m too, so it can be the land of eternal winter and eternal summer too depending on your preference.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:01 PM

437 posts, read 1,300,506 times
Around 800 feet elevation on the windward side on an Hawaiian Island is nice..

Guess I should have let the highland part out, Nairobi, Quito, are way too cold(IMHO) and dry.
I prefer mountainous(not highland) tropical rain forest climates in the outer tropics(Hawaii, New Caledonia, Southern Coast of Brazil etc.)

50-70F to me is breezy/bordering cold. I like nights dipping to about 65F and days reaching 80F, similar to Hilo, Hawaii.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:49 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,808,501 times
Quote:
Around 800 feet elevation on the windward side on an Hawaiian Island is nice..

Guess I should have let the highland part out, Nairobi, Quito, are way too cold(IMHO) and dry.
I prefer mountainous(not highland) tropical rain forest climates in the outer tropics(Hawaii, New Caledonia, Southern Coast of Brazil etc.)

50-70F to me is breezy/bordering cold. I like nights dipping to about 65F and days reaching 80F, similar to Hilo, Hawaii.
I find it a bit amusing your username "Zone 13" implies you are a tropical-climate enthusiast... yet you prefer the cooler parts of the tropics and if you are in South Texas you probably want to live in a climate cooler than where you are now.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:54 PM

571 posts, read 1,049,957 times
Quote:
Who needs seasons..........I'd take an highland tropical rain forest climate any day...where one day is just like the next........

That sounds perfect! Summer all year long! Sign me up!

Old 01-07-2011, 03:45 PM

437 posts, read 1,300,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
I find it a bit amusing your username "Zone 13" implies you are a tropical-climate enthusiast... yet you prefer the cooler parts of the tropics and if you are in South Texas you probably want to live in a climate cooler than where you are now.
Zone 13 doesn't necessarily mean swelteringly hot tropical climates...just that the temperature usually doesn't dip below 60F. Many places on windward Hawaii meet this definition although they rarely go above 85F.

South Central Texas is pretty nice...but I'd prefer a milder climate with NO FREEZES or heat waves...

Old 01-07-2011, 07:36 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,808,501 times
Quote:
Zone 13 doesn't necessarily mean swelteringly hot tropical climates...just that the temperature usually doesn't dip below 60F. Many places on windward Hawaii meet this definition although they rarely go above 85F.

South Central Texas is pretty nice...but I'd prefer a milder climate with NO FREEZES or heat waves...
Do you find it odd that I have a distaste for climates that don't exceed 85 F?

From what I know so far, 65-104 F would probably be an ideallic summer range.
Of course I have never experienced even the bottom end of that range for more than a month continuously.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:15 AM

2,688 posts, read 6,562,736 times
Summer definitely. Although there's something I love about spring, the fact that summer is coming next, temperatures and daylight are rising. In summer they are decreasing and you know that fall is coming next (I deeply hate fall and winter, darkness, cold, clouds, etc. make me want to hibernate for 4 months!)
Right now I'm spending the "winter" in Singapore though it's 31°C everyday, which is perfect for me, but oddly it is extremely cloudy so far. I guess (I hope) it's a temporary effect of the Northeast Monsoon which is going to clear up by late Jan.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:37 AM

5,069 posts, read 8,599,656 times
Don't care about the season. Months with relatively higher sunshine and lower rainfall are best for me, whatever the season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather