Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2015, 02:51 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,468,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Oh trust me it is when you have just left 25F. I've arrived in FL to 73F and sunshine, and it felt great and quite warm. 55F and cloudy, no way that would just be chilly uselessness. The cold waves in FL are certainly shortlived compared to ours, but when it hits in the middle of your vaca it isn't fun.
Lol, when I came back from visiting Texas the first time last November, it was 32 degrees in the DFW airport and probably around 85 in the MIA airport. It felt like I had returned to hell. I was missing the cold weather so badly. Now I can't wait for the cold to return

Old 10-11-2015, 07:13 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,963,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
17C isn't cold though. Genuinely cold weather, as in say below 4C, feels better with low humidity. I've worked in the Arctic circle where it's been freezing cold, yet the dryness of it doesn't feel that bad.

I know we all have our opinions, and are rightly entitled to them, but I've never know anybody say dry cold feels colder than damp cold. I could probably go on Facebook now and put out a status regarding this, and I'm sure all the people I've worked with would back this up.
Granted, I haven't experienced 4C weather, so I can't tell. Maybe dry cold would actually be more tolerable at that stage for anyone. I don't know. I have to experience both 4C humid and dry cold to tell, I guess.

Though, as I said, when it comes to the teens, their dry cold have always shivered me. That's why Koyan complains about "dry icy westerlies" in here...Lol. They really make the 15C air feel like 8C. Now would a cold dry air make 5C feel like -2C?

Yes....Go on Facebook and put up a status about this. I wanna know their thoughts.

Old 10-12-2015, 05:45 AM

577 posts, read 670,131 times
The weather in Britain isn't harsh, it's just depressing. Even the cities in America with the least number of sunshine hours per year (Buffalo and Pittsburgh) get about 400 more hours of sunshine per year than Britain. If you're not that bothered about sun, though, it's fine. Doesn't get really hot or really cold, and it doesn't rain that much. And when it is sunny, it feels warmer than other places. Florida feels cold even in the sun in the high 50s or low 60s. I can happily sunbathe in those temps in Britain.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:18 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,819,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwuk45 View Post
The weather in Britain isn't harsh, it's just depressing. Even the cities in America with the least number of sunshine hours per year (Buffalo and Pittsburgh) get about 400 more hours of sunshine per year than Britain. If you're not that bothered about sun, though, it's fine. Doesn't get really hot or really cold, and it doesn't rain that much. And when it is sunny, it feels warmer than other places. Florida feels cold even in the sun in the high 50s or low 60s. I can happily sunbathe in those temps in Britain.
There are many things wrong with this post.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:23 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,277,425 times
Quote:
Pretty much sums it up.

On the gloomy side and very temperate.

Not bad, not great.

SE England (London area) has best climate....bordering on good

Old 10-12-2015, 07:56 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,032,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
The Se of England is not descriptive or typical of the British Isles climate. The se of England doesn't even have a typical British landscape.
I you suggesting that the SE is not part of Britain?? Because whatever the landscape is there it is definitely 'British' or are you suggesting that Northern Ireland is actually the 'true' Britain!!?

Old 10-12-2015, 08:11 AM

577 posts, read 670,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
There are many things wrong with this post.
Such as?

Old 10-12-2015, 10:31 AM

102 posts, read 104,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
Most of the SE is flat. That is a typical British landscape.
Can people just stop trying to define a "typical British Landscape"? Because there is none. It varies heavily.

Old 10-12-2015, 10:38 AM

7,668 posts, read 5,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I you suggesting that the SE is not part of Britain?? Because whatever the landscape is there it is definitely 'British' or are you suggesting that Northern Ireland is actually the 'true' Britain!!?
Why are you on the weather forum? Are you stalking me?

Old 10-12-2015, 10:48 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,819,236 times
Quote:
Such as?
Well, adjusting US sun hours to our standard would mean those places have barely more than 100 extra hours of sun than our sunniest places. Also, how can it feel warmer here in the Sun than other places?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather