Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2016, 01:45 PM

5,706 posts, read 3,777,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
According to this, the only ten countries in front of us are all really small, small population countries

29 Most Obese Countries In The World - WorldAtlas.com

Even if it's only 11th in the world (and behind tiny, poor countries) that's still a big problem.
I never said it isn't.

Old 07-09-2016, 01:47 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,411,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Well it is true as the gun laws have not been changed have they? People have been having huge debates about it for years & with every mass shooting happening every other day all that happens is talk & no action!

Don't you like Mama June? She is the poster girl of the US south...

American's fry everything. Nasty.
Hell no I don't like mama june!! I can't speak for the whole of America but I can speak for my region, most people here own multiple guns, my family is rare in the fact we don't own at least a small gun, which is because my dad never got around to buying one. I know one guy he is about 19, he owns 7 guns not including ones that belong to his father. Pretty typical around here. Nothing wrong with that most use them for hunting or just like collecting guns. For me I wouldn't mind owning a few guns, one for protection, one for show, and a couple for hunting. Also pretty much everybody is very knowledgeable about guns.

Old 07-09-2016, 01:52 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,523,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
The BMI scale classifies many people who are of healthy weight for their body type as overweight. And maybe only moderately overweight as obese. Not that the obesity problem isn't bad, but it is a bit overstated.
Sure, but almost anyone who ranks obese on the BMI scale has a weight problem.

Old 07-09-2016, 01:53 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,523,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Hell no I don't like mama june!! I can't speak for the whole of America but I can speak for my region, most people here own multiple guns, my family is rare in the fact we don't own at least a small gun, which is because my dad never got around to buying one. I know one guy he is about 19, he owns 7 guns not including ones that belong to his father. Pretty typical around here. Nothing wrong with that most use them for hunting or just like collecting guns. For me I wouldn't mind owning a few guns, one for protection, one for show, and a couple for hunting. Also pretty much everybody is very knowledgeable about guns.
Your dad immigrated here as an adult, right? Did find everyone owning guns surprising?

Old 07-09-2016, 01:55 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,374,279 times
The BMI scale is useless.

Old 07-09-2016, 02:00 PM

13,488 posts, read 9,036,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Why on earth would anyone, let alone a 19 year old, need SEVEN guns?? If people have a rifle for shooting that is different, but they should still do proper checks & make sure the guns are secured when not being used. In the UK my Dad had a couple of shotguns as he used to go hunting, but after just ONE mass shooting gun laws were really tightened (not that they were particularly slack anyway) & he had to undergo background checks every time he re-newed his license & have a police interview. He was limited to what actual guns he could own, they had to be kept in a locked cabinet that was bolted to the wall & this was checked by a police officer actually visiting the house once a year!

No one needs to have machine guns or other semi automatic weapons & the only reason people feel they need a gun to protect themselves, is because so many other people also have guns

Madness.

Old 07-09-2016, 02:02 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,411,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Your dad immigrated here as an adult, right? Did find everyone owning guns surprising?
VERY, he finds it funny and scary how many people own guns.

Old 07-09-2016, 02:15 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,696,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Sure, but almost anyone who ranks obese on the BMI scale has a weight problem.
I disagree. I had to get a medical for insurance purposes, and was obese on the BMI. My doctor said she felt it would be wrong to advise me to lose weight as I looked about the ideal weight for my height and build.

I doubt anyone would even call me overweight.

Old 07-09-2016, 02:17 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,374,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I disagree. I had to get a medical for insurance purposes, and was obese on the BMI. My doctor said she felt it would be wrong to advise me to lose weight as I looked about the ideal weight for my height and build.

I doubt anyone would even call me overweight.
Same here, I weigh 212 pounds and am 6'1" as a height. I have a rather fit and muscular build, but I'm borderline obese according to the BMI. I'm in much better shape than 90% of people who are in the "healthy" range of weight for my height.

Old 07-09-2016, 02:22 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,441,101 times
My uncle, who wasn't born in the USA (moved as a child with parents), who is a Vietnam vet and is a retired police officer, mentioned once being on the SWAT team, and saying most of those guys were really into guns, but he has always been sort of indifferent to guns. IDK if he owns a gun now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather