Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 03:06 PM

6,517 posts, read 5,821,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
F*ck's sake Dean. People can accuse B87 of trying to make out like the UK's climate is a subtropical paradise but you seem intent on doing the exact opposite.

Seriously, shut up. You're bloody irritating.
That's because you losers that have never left the country, seeem to believe that the weather here is better than it really is. Either that, or some strange loyalty or obsession to somehow try to dispel stereotypes. I admit that I'm exaggerating a little, but I'm not accepting that people are making it sound like we have nice summers. It's a ****ing joke.
You even think Leeds summer is ok ffs. It's a ****hole of a climate.

Seriously, try and leave Leeds one day. Take in some culture and sunshine, and I might even buy you a flight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 03:14 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,601,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
That's because you losers that have never left the country, seeem to believe that the weather here is better than it really is. Either that, or some strange loyalty or obsession to somehow try to dispel stereotypes. I admit that I'm exaggerating a little, but I'm not accepting that people are making it sound like we have nice summers. It's a ****ing joke.

Seriously, try and leave Leeds one day. Take in some culture and sunshine, and I might even buy you a flight.
And to think you're someone's father. God help that poor child.

Stop moaning and p*ss off already. Join your relatives in Australia. Nobody cares about your endless moaning. You're a bore.

Old 05-20-2016, 03:25 PM

6,517 posts, read 5,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
And to think you're someone's father. God help that poor child.

Stop moaning and p*ss off already. Join your relatives in Australia. Nobody cares about your endless moaning. You're a bore.
What's this got to do with my kids? Have I hit a nerve? Say what you want about me, but mention my kids again and we will have a problem.

So because you stay at home, no doubt camped in your bedroom, you can't comprehend the fact that somebody born in England, and who has lived in various countries, thinks summer in England is bad?

Your narrow mind can't see outside of that miserable dump you live in.

Old 05-20-2016, 03:28 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,940,520 times
Quote:

I think the climate of the U.K. might not be good for someone like you Dean cause you like warmer summers and sunnier.

I think you have a point, and so do the people making the counter argument. I have heard Americans repeat the stereotype of London, but not as much Paris. Paris is the about the same climate as London, but it doesn't get the cloudy cool rap that London does(or not nearly as much). Americans love both but for different reasons.

Movies tend to show London raining lol, but not Paris. Go figure. But I can see your frustration if you don't like cooler temps with 1800 sun hours vs Seville or Naples or Nice. You are lucky in that such nice climates are so close. Not over here.

America has no true Med climate with warm summers like that.

Old 05-20-2016, 03:31 PM

Quote:
What's this got to do with my kids? Have I hit a nerve? Say what you want about me, but mention my kids again and we will have a problem.

So because you stay at home, no doubt camped in your bedroom, you can't comprehend the fact that somebody born in England, and who has lived in various countries, thinks summer in England is bad?
Very scary. Always had you down as a chav.

You seem unable to understand that not everyone craves endless sunshine and heat, in the way you do. I don't desire Med-style summers. My ideal average summer temperatures are similar to what London currently experiences, but slightly sunnier.

The problem is, you go on about it endlessly, and make out like summers in England are so unimaginably bad that life just can't continue here. You'd think people were stuck indoors all year because it is never warm enough for people to leave the bloody house. It's a p*ss take, and you're making yourself look like a plonker. You sound like Owenc - completely unable to accept that other people don't like what you like and making a big song and dance about it like a little cry baby. Honestly, get a grip. I don't think summers here are as bad a you do - and I have experienced what summers are like in other countries you presumptuous little shytbag. I don't need to live in Saudi Arabia or wherever else to know full what what type of summer weather I like, and don't like. Nob.

Take my advice, and leave. Move abroad. Go to Spain, Aus, wherever. You are the one forcing yourself to stay in a country where you think summers are appalling. That's not very smart, is it? So goodbye, farewell.

Last edited by dunno what to put here; 05-20-2016 at 03:40 PM..

Old 05-20-2016, 03:40 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,342,651 times
I don't see anything wrong with disliking certain aspects of one's climate, or disliking the climate all together.

Old 05-20-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
I don't see anything wrong with disliking certain aspects of one's climate, or disliking the climate all together. Many of us do.
Who on earth said there was? There are plenty of aspects of my climate I don't like - not enough thunderstorms, not enough snow, kind of boring, winters too mild, summer rainfall too low. Yet somehow, I don't sit here complaining about it all the time or making out like it's sooo dreadfully bad when I know full well it could be far, far worse. Dean York is just a drama queen.

Old 05-20-2016, 03:48 PM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,606,248 times
I've lived or spent extended periods of time in other countries in summer, yet I don't think our summers are dreadful, and I've lived in several places in the UK.

Every time I've ever been to Manchester or Birmingham, it has been awful though. Surprisingly every time I've been to Wales, it has been sunny!

Old 05-20-2016, 03:52 PM

5,069 posts, read 8,604,054 times
I have no intention of getting into arguments about UK-Europe climates, but will point out that when quoting summer sunshine hours (or winter ones) the available day length has to be taken into consideration.

Old 05-20-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
I've lived or spent extended periods of time in other countries in summer, yet I don't think our summers are dreadful.
Misguided loyalty. Summers in England are actually dreadful - whether you think so or not. Dean York said so - because he lived abroad.

Having a BBQ, going for a bike ride or enjoying yourself, is impossible in England in summer, because it's not 30C with blazing sunshine most days - that is the only type of weather conductive to summer-related activities. Those people who are outside in T-shirts on a partly cloudy 21-23C day in July/August are just kidding themselves - they should actually be wearing jackets and complaining about how dreadful the weather is, because we all know that such conditions are just frigid/inhospitable. Duh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather