Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2017, 07:56 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,867,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Doesn't seem so rare in some of those suburbs of Lyon according to the women being interviewed. It may be that these Muslims are trying to copy the cultural lifestyle they had back in the Middle East or North Africa where it is acceptable. And what are the "liberal leftists" going to do about it? Nothing.
This is the last place on C-D I want to turn into a "them librul yuropeans weak feminist gays inviting musulmun jihad terrorists who will take over the whole continent and become eurabia" battleground.

Read, visit and learn the truth. If you won't, I will.

What the right-wing media in the US tells about the situation in Europe it is so blatantly, ridiculously and stupidily false that I'm starting to think that you are an itellectually challenged nation. IE retards.

Last edited by nei; 01-17-2017 at 10:12 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 01-17-2017, 08:27 AM

765 posts, read 575,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Is this an accurate portrayal of what is going on in parts of France?

https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...76240886206466
Rita Panahi is a right wing nutcase, she writes for the Herald Sun, one of the repellent Murdoch papers.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:38 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,140,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
This is the last place on C-D I want to turn into a "them librul yuropeans weak feminist gays inviting musulmun jihad terrorists who will take over the whole continent and become eurabia" battleground.

If this is your attitude, f*ck off. Or read, visit and learn the truth. If you won't, I will.

What the right-wing media in the US tells about the situation in Europe it is so blatantly, ridiculously and stupidily false that I'm starting to think that you are an itellectually challenged nation. IE retards.
I would never make this into a left vs. right war and I found the whole insane thing some American media made about "no-go zones" in the Paris suburbs totally ridiculous.

But...

There have been reports for several years about women being made to feel increasingly uneasy when out in public in certain suburbs of Paris and other French cities. Not just being banned from cafés as in the report, but also being harassed and called sluts for not covering up enough even if they are dressed in a totally normal, "western" way.

I am not an alarmist but I do think there is something there, and as you yourself acknowledge - it's something that people need to keep an eye on and crack down if things step over the line.

As you can imagine, I don't get my news about France from Fox News and can watch the evening news from France, Belgium (RTBF), Switzerland (TSR) every day, in addition to public affairs shows like Envoyé Spécial. I also have access to all news channels like France 24, BFM TV and Euronews.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:40 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,140,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lab276 View Post
Rita Panahi is a right wing nutcase, she writes for the Herald Sun, one of the repellent Murdoch papers.
Perhaps, but France 24 (which produced the report) is definitely not a right-wing nutcase media outlet.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:41 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,392,971 times
Quote:

If this is your attitude, f*ck off. Or read, visit and learn the truth. If you won't, I will.

Hey not all of us here are right-wing nut jobs who jerk off to Fox News all day while holding my bible and gun in one hand.

I agree that the U.S. is kind of an intellectually challenged nation though.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:51 AM

765 posts, read 575,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Perhaps, but France 24 (which produced the report) is definitely not a right-wing nutcase media outlet.
They might not be, but if they were to show reports of integration and people getting along, they wouldn't be shared at all by Rita Panahi (not to pick on Rita though, there's plenty more right wing people like her). So it would be wise to take what she says, or shares, with a grain of salt because she has an axe to grind.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:55 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,867,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I would never make this into a left vs. right war and I found the whole insane thing some American media made about "no-go zones" in the Paris suburbs totally ridiculous.

But...

There have been reports for several years about women being made to feel increasingly uneasy when out in public in certain suburbs of Paris and other French cities. Not just being banned from cafés as in the report, but also being harassed and called sluts for not covering up enough even if they are dressed in a totally normal, "western" way.

I am not an alarmist but I do think there is something there, and as you yourself acknowledge - it's something that people need to keep an eye on and crack down if things step over the line.

As you can imagine, I don't get my news about France from Fox News and can watch the evening news from France, Belgium (RTBF), Switzerland (TSR) every day, in addition to public affairs shows like Envoyé Spécial. I also have access to all news channels like France 24, BFM TV and Euronews.
There are problems among some people in the suburbs, that's a fact. But these are lowlife scum and isolated incidents blown into totally ridiculous proportions.

Compare:

school shooting in the US -> all school children are potential murderers
gang activity in Winnipeg -> Winnipeg is a no-go zone
neo-nazi kills in Helsinki -> all Finns are neo-nazis

This is the train of thought. And especially in North America where the media has done everything to demonise a whole religion of 1.6 billion people. "Subhuman, animals, rapefugees". This is the terminology I encounter every day on C-D. And the moderators accept it.

I'm seriously considering leaving this forum, because the moderation sucks, the moderation policy sucks, the posters are idiots, and I just want to shoot myself in the head because of all the stupid ignorance. (Disregarding the weather forum.)

Last edited by Ariete; 01-17-2017 at 09:16 AM..

Old 01-17-2017, 09:26 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,639,004 times
A lot of people on this forum presumably take lessons from the Breitbart School of Thought.

I really do despair at humanity sometimes.

Old 01-17-2017, 09:32 AM

29,588 posts, read 19,701,108 times
Quote:

Or read, visit and learn the truth. If you won't, I will.

You are the one that brought up "leftist liberals" not condoning this not me. Why would they condone it? And yes, they can't change cultural attitudes overnight either. Especially if there is a steady stream of migrants from that region coming in....

I know nothing about France 24 news whether it's left/right wing leaning nor do I give a rats ass. I just watched the video and heard what those women were saying about their communities.... I asked if this is an accurate portrayal of life in Muslim suburbs of France.

Is this wrong or inaccurate?

Quote:
It may be that these Muslims are trying to copy the cultural lifestyle they had back in the Middle East or North Africa where it is acceptable

This happens in many ethnic communities in US cities.

Last edited by nei; 01-17-2017 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 01-17-2017, 09:38 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,353,323 times
The threads in the New York Forum are eye opening sometimes, so much right wing bull****. Especially after Trump most of them hide behind the "I'm just saying what everyone else is thinking" line of reasoning, even though this reasoning ignores actual statistics
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather