Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2017, 03:50 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,459,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
If Kentucky would ever get a major league team which sport would you prefer it to be in? Basket I assume?

I think Virginia is more overdue one though. That one really is strange that there's no professional team in the Virginia Beach metro area... Major League Soccer has really missed a trick there.
There has been talk of bringing an NBA team to Louisville. They have a modern, state-of-the-art arena. It would be neat, since currently the closest team is in Indianapolis.

I don't see the NFL ever coming here, especially with a team in nearby Cincinnati. The Bengals been in 7 playoff games since 2005, and lost every one.

Old 01-21-2017, 03:57 PM

5,601 posts, read 3,508,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat15 View Post
There has been talk of bringing an NBA team to Louisville. They have a modern, state-of-the-art arena. It would be neat, since currently the closest team is in Indianapolis.

I don't see the NFL ever coming here, especially with a team in nearby Cincinnati. The Bengals been in 7 playoff games since 2005, and lost every one.
NBA should perhaps go up towards 32 teams like the NHL plans on doing long-term. Louisville would definitely be a good choice. Apart from that Seattle really deserves an indoor professional sports team be it basketball or hockey. I don't know why the Supersonics disappeared, but I'm sure Seattle has great potential for that.

I'd make a shortlist for the NBA of Louisville, Seattle, Norfolk/VA Beach, San Diego and perhaps go for Vegas like the NHL does?

Old 01-21-2017, 07:02 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,229,581 times
Quote:
NBA should perhaps go up towards 32 teams like the NHL plans on doing long-term. Louisville would definitely be a good choice. Apart from that Seattle really deserves an indoor professional sports team be it basketball or hockey. I don't know why the Supersonics disappeared, but I'm sure Seattle has great potential for that.

I'd make a shortlist for the NBA of Louisville, Seattle, Norfolk/VA Beach, San Diego and perhaps go for Vegas like the NHL does?
It such a shame they relocated from Seattle to Oklahoma City.

I would like to see New Jersey get a NBA team again.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:18 PM

5,706 posts, read 3,777,754 times
Quote:
How come no one has died yet?
Because American Football is a real man's sport

Games have actually been played in temperatures of -27C with wind chills well into the -40's.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:59 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,966,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I had a meltdown because the whole forum is contaminated with fake news and other bull****. If you don't get it, ok, I can't help you.
It's the 1930's all over, and the Muslim-hating is f**cking dangerous and scary. It demonises a religion of 1.6 billion people, classifying them as subhumans. Today it might be idiots on the Internet, tomorrow it might be a christallnacht. The third day it might be gas chambers.
You're extremely ignorant. The fact that you compare a bunch of potentially malicious people who follow a dangerous ideology to the poor victims in the holocaust is grotesque. And you have the audacity to be mad here? Last time I checked, Jews did not do honor killings, execute homosexuals, abuse women, etc, in Nazi Germany. They didn't even take their barbaric religion seriously, as Muslims do. I take it, if Swedes and Germans were doing executing gays in public in the name of Judaeo-Christianity, you'd be so quick to point out the atrocities of Christianity.

Very naive of you to think that most of the 1.6 billion people don't hold illiberal ideas and harmful thoughts. Have you looked at pew polls? Now many Muslims may not carry out terrorist attacks, but a lot of them will be like "you had what's coming for you". Many Egyptian Muslims believe death is the answer for apostasy. Get your head out of your bubble. Why are you so oblivious to life in the Middle East? Where is your liberal conscience here? That's why too many Muslims in a society is not the safest outcome. Is it because of their race? No. It's because of their fan club and what it teaches them. France has around 5 million Muslims, while Japan has 100,000. Now why is there homegrown terrorism in France and not in Japan? It's self-explanatory.

Muslims have a strong, irrational aversion towards Jews. Every Arabic song on YouTube (and I love Arabic music) must have arbitrary comments out of nowhere going like "f**k Jews and Israel". Isn't that "scary and dangerous"? Because it is. They're already intolerant, the many of them. So why should we be tolerant of the intolerant? For their sake, their religion desperately needs a reformation, like Christianity.

If the truth makes your blood boil, then I don't know what doesn't. But I'll always say it how it is and tell the truth. I grew around Islam. That's why we ran away from them. Why don't you try living in Palestine yourself with your gay roommates? Oh wait, that's won't happen. I don't care if you're mentally affected by it. That's your incoherent problem and ignorance. Not ours.

Quote:
I deleted my friends list. Don't take it personal.
Your situation when you unfriended me:

Old 01-21-2017, 09:11 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,597,650 times
I know you think you're being clever when you post images like that, but I have some bad news for you..

Your obsession with Muslims is bordering the unhinged and it's ruining this forum and driving away members who are actually interesting and well-liked. You need to let it go.

If you're really so concerned about Muslims and hold the Democrats in poor regard, this particular place might be a good place to vent your frustrations: //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...controversies/

In the meantime, give the 'created by an angsty 15 year old boy who thinks they're being cool by being politically incorrect' memes a rest. They're not funny, and you are unwittingly associating yourself with the lowest rungs of Western society, who would probably throw gay people such as ourselves under the bus in order to fulfill their own ideological goals.

Last edited by dunno what to put here; 01-21-2017 at 09:51 PM..

Old 01-21-2017, 09:37 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,053,631 times
Quote:
I think it's the same with the NHL since the wage cap got in. Now any club can become great thanks to the charity draft system (in effect if you get #1 in the draft two years in a row during supertalent years you can get back to the top too easily).

Of course professional soccer has gone off the rails in the other direction due to the absurd and moronic transfer fees paid by the Manchester clubs, Real Madrid etc but the NHL system is just laughable.

At least in motorbike racing the rider's skill can outweigh a poor bike and a proper difference between competitors can be clearly visible. Marc Márquez in many aspects had an inferior bike to the Yamaha riders and certainly less powerful than the Ducati and rideable than the Suzuki but through a combination of bravery, skill and smarts he overrode it and had it wrapped up in early October. That's cool stuff
The NHL has had a draft since the 1960s. For a long time it was last team picked first, second last team picked second, etc.

But there was often the perception that if a superstar player was available, teams would try and finish last on purpose. A classic alleged example was Montreal in 1971, who wanted local superstar Guy Lafleur.

It took a while but they ended up changing it so that there is kind of lottery among the worst teams. Even if you finish last doesn't mean you get to pick first now.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:39 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,053,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
It's always more fun when the underdog has a chance. In golf, of course, there's never a "favorite" to win a tournament. The best player naturally has the best chance, but that's a highly relative perspective. There are dozens of other competitors with real chances.

I think the NFL playoffs are in some ways more exciting than the NHL, MLB, and NBA playoff & championship series because it's just one game for each round. Anything can happen. On the other hand, it's much less common for an 8 seeded NHL or NBA team to beat a 1 seed in the playoffs. Of course, if it's a game 7 in the World Series or Stanley Cup Finals, then it's a different story.
I agree. There are way too many games in the NHL and the playoff series are way too long. (I don't follow the NBA but it seems to have the same problem.)

I am not a huge NFL fan but do follow a bit and I love how their playoffs work. I also like home and home with aggregate score playoffs in soccer.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:53 PM

7,033 posts, read 4,958,065 times
The city has barely reached 26°C, and 25km away here we've already gotten to 30°C. God bless the outer suburbs.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:58 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,439,592 times
"#AlarmGate"

Fire alarms go off at Steelers hotel, Patriots stadium
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather