Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2017, 08:21 PM

2,197 posts, read 1,495,632 times

Advertisements

Horrible game. Our D was trash, the refs were heavily biased, and our offense was plagued by injuries and a sudden incompetence in the red zone. The defense couldn't stop anyone as the patriots zoomed up and down the field. And when a receiver gets wide open every play and gets and easy touchdown and easy 20 yard completions, everyone knows the obvious thing to do: Cover him. Apparently not. It was like we thought Hogan was on our team the way he was wide open every play. Also the pass rush was non existent and Brady had all day to throw to wide open receivers. Enough about the defense, how about the offense. We just can't catch a break with injuries an sure enough bell gets injured. Big reason why we couldn't score from the 6" line in the second quarter. Then just when James starts becoming a threat, he's injured. The refs were abysmal. Te non-fumble in the third was terrible. Who comes up with the ball? Hargrave, a Steelers player. Who doesn't have the ball?? Everyone on the patriots. And no clear recovery?? Wtf. Hargrave clearly had the football and it didn't take an abnormal amount of time for him to come up with it. And the only things reviewable are who has the ball and did it come out, not was there a recovery. Absolute BS. And it totally changed the game cuz we would already have been in field goal range and made it at least 17-12, probably closer and the patriots wouldn't have scored the field goal and then taken the momentum. Also, many many missed calls on the patriots for holding. On our drive after the non-fumble, James had his jersey completely ripped and held on a key third down. Would have been a first in field goal range. Several other non-calls like that. Also, Hamilton's TD drop and Coates' drop on an early deep ball were huge mistakes. And, twice we had the ball on the one and couldn't score.

Oh well, rant over. I'd expected us to lose anyway, but in a competitive game with all our players, fair reffing, and no huge mistakes.

Anyway, go falcons!

Old 01-22-2017, 08:53 PM

5,706 posts, read 3,777,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelernation71 View Post
Horrible game. Our D was trash, the refs were heavily biased, and our offense was plagued by injuries and a sudden incompetence in the red zone. The defense couldn't stop anyone as the patriots zoomed up and down the field. And when a receiver gets wide open every play and gets and easy touchdown and easy 20 yard completions, everyone knows the obvious thing to do: Cover him. Apparently not. It was like we thought Hogan was on our team the way he was wide open every play. Also the pass rush was non existent and Brady had all day to throw to wide open receivers. Enough about the defense, how about the offense. We just can't catch a break with injuries an sure enough bell gets injured. Big reason why we couldn't score from the 6" line in the second quarter. Then just when James starts becoming a threat, he's injured. The refs were abysmal. Te non-fumble in the third was terrible. Who comes up with the ball? Hargrave, a Steelers player. Who doesn't have the ball?? Everyone on the patriots. And no clear recovery?? Wtf. Hargrave clearly had the football and it didn't take an abnormal amount of time for him to come up with it. And the only things reviewable are who has the ball and did it come out, not was there a recovery. Absolute BS. And it totally changed the game cuz we would already have been in field goal range and made it at least 17-12, probably closer and the patriots wouldn't have scored the field goal and then taken the momentum. Also, many many missed calls on the patriots for holding. On our drive after the non-fumble, James had his jersey completely ripped and held on a key third down. Would have been a first in field goal range. Several other non-calls like that. Also, Hamilton's TD drop and Coates' drop on an early deep ball were huge mistakes. And, twice we had the ball on the one and couldn't score.

Oh well, rant over. I'd expected us to lose anyway, but in a competitive game with all our players, fair reffing, and no huge mistakes.

Anyway, go falcons!

Lmao. Now you know how I felt when you beat us in the Wild Card game.

I agree, go Falcons!!!

Old 01-22-2017, 11:35 PM

8,867 posts, read 8,452,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I had a meltdown because the whole forum is contaminated with fake news and other bull****. If you don't get it, ok, I can't help you.
It's the 1930's all over, and the Muslim-hating is f**cking dangerous and scary. It demonises a religion of 1.6 billion people, classifying them as subhumans. Today it might be idiots on the Internet, tomorrow it might be a christallnacht. The third day it might be gas chambers.

Recently this forum has caused me nothing less than misery, depression and facepalming. My blood pressure will be better if I leave. This has nothing to do with the weather forum though, where I think most of you are ok.

I deleted my friends list. Don't take it personal.
I think you are too easily affected by them. Yes those comments are really stupid but it's easy to overlook them, it's not that big a deal.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:06 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,459,659 times
Definitely wasn't expecting those games to be so lopsided.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:26 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,053,631 times
I don't watch NFL games religiously, but I'll watch one if I am sitting in front of the TV and have some free time.

I suppose there may have been a few good ones but so far this playoff season every game I've tuned into has been incredibly boring.

Not sure if I will watch the Super Bowl this year. This likelihood will increase if I get invited to a party of course.

Old 01-24-2017, 05:39 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,305,260 times
Guess who's back?

Old 01-24-2017, 05:49 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,958,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodleman556 View Post
Guess who's back?
Slim Shady?

Old 01-24-2017, 05:55 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,305,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
Slim Shady?
Course mate. Long story short didn't have a personal device for a few months; just got a phone.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:35 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,333,827 times
Maybe it's too early but I'm hoping Tottenham win the league this year. Praying for a Chelsea collapse, but that oligarch money served them good

Old 01-24-2017, 10:33 AM

13,487 posts, read 9,034,795 times
And bingo! Didn't take Mr Cold Epoch long to start mentioning his "US south is naturally warmer than it actually is" bullsh*t on the IPS forum

Quote:
You never know, the cold that the US has witnessed over the past several decades may, in fact, be reflective of a cold period, meaning that the continent is otherwise warmer/more stable in winter.
But that aside, no, Europe is not necessarily a warmer continent than North America; much of the continent does not have as warm of averages throughout the year (summer or otherwise) as corresponding places in the US. All that happens is that Europe is more moderated in temperature than equivalent North American locations (especially on the eastern side of the continent), preventing as extreme of cold deviations; notice that even in the warmest areas of Europe, 70-80F temps are infrequent in winter, while they occur all the time in the Southern US. Even with the cold deviations, the averages end up being similar to, or warmer, than the European Med subtropics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather