Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2017, 08:14 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,597,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkingFTW View Post
This is the direct consequence of the departure of certain members in the weather forum.
But we're fortunate enough to still have you, despite repeated bans. Woohoo.

Old 01-20-2017, 02:35 AM

3,147 posts, read 1,981,093 times
People aren't likely to post if they know that their posts are being used for entertainment/a laugh.

Also, this forum is cliquey.

Last edited by GymFanatic; 01-20-2017 at 03:00 AM..

Old 01-20-2017, 04:19 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,958,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GymFanatic View Post
People aren't likely to post if they know that their posts are being used for entertainment/a laugh.

he's right you know

Old 01-20-2017, 05:05 AM

3,147 posts, read 1,981,093 times
This is a forum for discussing climate, weather and such matters; that's the main purpose.

Old 01-20-2017, 05:23 AM

808 posts, read 711,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat15 View Post
This forum has gone to ****. I was reading some of the chat threads from a couple years ago and laughed so much.
Some of the best material on this forum is in the first two unhappy threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Seriously. It's "graduated" to just asinine and boring political discussions over the same bull**** over and over again.

I too the other day was reading threads from 2015 and was cracking up.

The chat threads have gone from light-hearted, mostly joking type of conversations to boring **** in the last two years.
Definitely. Who on a weather forum doesn't care much about weather at all, but would rather just debate politics with other users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
You're right. I previously had no issues at all with Ethereal but have had several heated debates with him over the issue of Islam and Muslims in general, and it does change your opinion of someone, even if you realise it shouldn't. We probably agree on most things, but this one particular issue seems hard to overcome.

It's also why political debate on internet forums is largely a waste of time - because nobody is going to back down and admit the other side is right. It just doesn't happen.

This forum was definitely a lot nicer before the General Chat Thread was introduced because previously it discouraged this kind of stuff from happening.
I blame the introduction of the General Chat Thread also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkingFTW View Post
THAT IS FOR TRUE! Sometimes I open up the old threads and laugh myself silly.

These days the chat thread is nothing but boring ass political **** recycled again and again. 95% of that is Finnish politics. Every. Friggin. Time. GIVE A S***NESS FACTOR: ZERO. If it's not that, it's random youtube videos I could not give a baboon's big red ass about. Even the unhappy thread is often found 2-3 pages down these days.

This is the direct consequence of the departure of certain members in the weather forum.
Emphasis mine.

I agree 100%. I don't care about most of the stuff that goes on here in the General Chat Thread; that's why I've for the most part stopped following it. I too have noticed the Unhappy thread sliding down 2-3 pages recently; once I even grave-dug it after a week.

I even seem to remember you (Galaxyman) saying something about printing off this thread and using it as toilet paper

I think the heyday of this forum was around 2011-2014, during the time of the old Happy and Unhappy threads, the heyday of fictional climates (which were actually quite interesting; it's a shame the Climate Poll Cap from 2014 effectively reduced it to a few kids in a couple of threads making the same old climate over and over again), and lots of heated debates and entertainment. Now it's so boring and vanilla, and I'm wondering why I even joined in the first place.

Old 01-20-2017, 06:30 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,413,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GymFanatic View Post

Sorry Owen, but your posts are the main source of my entertainment

Old 01-20-2017, 01:55 PM

23 posts, read 13,360 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unEPlwdCXs0

amazing goal. to hit the crossbar and post the same time. extemly unlikely.

Old 01-20-2017, 08:10 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,966,685 times
I think that they should either close this thread or the Unhappy one. Two of them being here is redundant. The Happy Thread should just be obliterated. People barely post there anyway.

I think one Chat Thread is enough in here. I'd close the (un)happy threads, personally. We can vent, brag, discuss, etc in here, IMO.

Old 01-21-2017, 02:14 AM

5,601 posts, read 3,508,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
I think that they should either close this thread or the Unhappy one. Two of them being here is redundant. The Happy Thread should just be obliterated. People barely post there anyway.

I think one Chat Thread is enough in here. I'd close the (un)happy threads, personally. We can vent, brag, discuss, etc in here, IMO.
Nah, that seems a tad too much. I like having many options where to vent stuff...

Old 01-21-2017, 05:15 AM

808 posts, read 711,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

Personally I'd keep the Unhappy Thread and get rid of the General Politics and Sports Thread, 172nd Edition. The old unhappy threads are fun to read, anyway.

I never read the happy thread - I'm not sadistic, but I guess I find the angry rants and higher likelihood of argument in the unhappy thread more interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather