Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2017, 07:55 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,459,659 times

Advertisements

When college basketball crowds chant "overrated" while losing to Kentucky

Old 01-17-2017, 08:16 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,966,685 times
And they say these kind of liberals don't exist (Lol):

And of course, my favourite one, from the incomparable Ayaan Hirsi Ali:

P.S. It appears that a fellow atheist just unfriended me in here for because I "ridiculed" (or rather, told the truth about) his precious religion of peace. Thanks for proving how accurate these memes are.

Old 01-17-2017, 09:21 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,053,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
Some years ago in the neighborhood of Kokkedal in Denmark (muslim majority) the neighborhood association of Kokkedal decided to not put in the Christmas of 2012 the traditional Christmas Tree.

Which only would cost 7.000 danish kroner, while on the Eid Al Adha festivity (end of the Ramadan) they spended 60.000 danish kroner, even if the neighborhood is 44% danish.
I kinda have a problem with that. And I don't even really like Christmas!

Old 01-17-2017, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
Who cares about the right-wing media.

Muslims have illiberal beliefs. Many, but not all, of them hold beliefs comparable to your redneck folks in the south. An alarming number of Muslims would want me killed just for preferring my own gender. Also, the majority of them are blatantly antisemitic that it's disgusting. Very naive to think that they're a harmless bunch of people, considering that their prophet is a pedophile warlord who raped a 9 year old girl.

There is no such as Islamophobia. Fear of a fascist ideology is rational. However, being afraid of regular, ordinary Muslims is a different story. Of course, there are moderate Muslims. But you shouldn't be mad when people have a perspective.

I personally don't impugn motives on anyone. I judge on behaviour alone.

Old 01-18-2017, 06:28 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,958,065 times
What kind of drugs were smoked in the making of this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP9Wp6QVbsk

Old 01-18-2017, 09:52 AM

105 posts, read 69,386 times
Quote:

P.S. It appears that a fellow atheist just unfriended me in here for because I "ridiculed" (or rather, told the truth about) his precious religion of peace. Thanks for proving how accurate these memes are.
if anything, muslims will put an end to the ridiculous liberal notions about "equality" for good, so imo their increasing presence will at least have some positive effects. a not so well-kept secret is that your average muslim and your average "right-wing populist" have more in common than a muslim and your typical western liberal.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildvader View Post
if anything, muslims will put an end to the ridiculous liberal notions about "equality" for good, so imo their increasing presence will at least have some positive effects. a not so well-kept secret is that your average muslim and your average "right-wing populist" have more in common than a muslim and your typical western liberal.
Correct, even though that's not what the two highlighted groups would want us to believe! (Note that I am a member of the latter group - for the moment anyway.)

Old 01-19-2017, 02:43 AM

5,601 posts, read 3,508,583 times
Ariete will not be pleased with this decision from the Finnish government

Kimi Ambassador for Sport | Scuderia Ferrari

Old 01-19-2017, 10:59 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,597,650 times
Quote:

I agree that tolerance of intolerance is cowardice - which is why I propose putting all right-wingers to death, particularly neo-Nazis who deserve nothing more than a slow and agonising demise.*

Those memes, by the way, are the go-to response for people who use the word '****' in a non-ironic manner and throw around the word 'feminazis' at every given opportunity - i.e poorly educated angry white men. Have some respect for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Correct, even though that's not what the two highlighted groups would want us to believe! (Note that I am a member of the latter group - for the moment anyway.)
It isn't something your typical right-wing populist would want to believe either - and it's why I laugh when I see right-wing populists using gay people and women as bargaining chips in these kinds of debates - the reality is that they couldn't care less about me or my welfare, they just want to fulfill their ideological goals, and the reality is that right-wing populists have more in common with the people they apparently hate (Muslims) than the people they want to protect from Muslims (everyone else, particularly women). Right-wing populists hate Muslims for the same reason they hate Jews (right-wing populists are often antisemitic, what a shocker).

For sure, Islam is far from a peaceful religion - but I am no more fearful of Islam than I am of far-right parties taking control in Europe.

*this is a joke, by the way.

Last edited by dunno what to put here; 01-19-2017 at 11:25 AM..

Old 01-19-2017, 11:03 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,372,298 times
Was going to Chicago this weekend to visit my brother, but got assigned a **** ton of homework so I'm no longer going.

Doesn't seem like I'm missing much anyways, mid 50s and rainy this weekend there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather