Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2009, 04:47 PM

807 posts, read 2,516,010 times

Advertisements

I hate cold weather! There's nothing worse to me than a cold and rainy day. I absolutely hate January and February,but I do love the holidays.

There's absolutely nothing to do here in the winter. I don't hunt or watch football!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 05:07 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,194,504 times
I'm glad we celebrate Christmas in December.

Sure isn't much else to look forward to except cold days and the longest nights of the year.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:31 AM

117 posts, read 411,023 times
I love the cold. I've lived on the NE coast of the US for many years now. And yeah, that biting, wet, windy cold off the water can be pretty harsh. But I think a still, sunny, cold winter's day is among the most beautiful experiences on earth.

I am a little concerned by just how bad my tolerance for heat has become. It was never very good, but, as I've gotten older, it's kind of becoming a problem. Depending on the humidity, I can start sweating when it's in the 70's.

I use public transportation a lot, so forget going anywhere in July and August and looking like anything. After standing on a hot subway platform, or walking to a bus stop, I'm drenched. Job interviews, important meetings, formal events are out. Unless I do directly from air conditioned car to air conditioned build.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Old 11-03-2009, 09:47 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,194,504 times
----" Has anyone else experienced this"?--

My son did while in the Navy at Pensacola.

He and his family lived off base and he was an intructor.
His car ( he got a great deal on a new car while stationed in Colorado cuz it didn't have air conditioning )

Said he would get up in the morning, shower, put on his uniform, and drive to the base.

When he got there, he was a " wet rag".

He had to bring another set of uniforms with him and shower and change once he got to base.

( He still uses that car--now retired-- in Michigan with little problems )

Old 11-03-2009, 07:18 PM

1,069 posts, read 3,199,371 times
It's not the cold weather I dislike, just the extra aggrevation it causes like scraping the windshield, busting ice off and salting the steps, and the white knuckle drives to work when the roads are bad. If I was retired and only had to deal with it at my leisure, it would be great and I would enjoy it more.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:49 AM

4 posts, read 12,104 times
I used to like the cold weather and all season when i lived in Istanbul Turkey which i am from until i came to northern Florida we could get cold weather sometimes which sometimes i have to get used to it but than i started to like nice and warm weather than i get kinda uncomfortable but when it start to warm up again i get happy so i know what elfyum feels. I think cold weather won't bother me much but still i get so comfortable just being with shirts and shorts and bothers me sometimes to bundle up and feels like cold weather is in the wrong place

Old 12-03-2009, 01:28 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,736,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anduarto View Post
I love the cold. I've lived on the NE coast of the US for many years now. And yeah, that biting, wet, windy cold off the water can be pretty harsh. But I think a still, sunny, cold winter's day is among the most beautiful experiences on earth.
Yes, I agree! I love a sunny and cold day. Autumn and Winter are by far my favorite seasons. And it's great because then the beach where I live is deserted. Call me selfish, but there is nothing better than a brisk walk with the beach all to myself (and my dog).

Old 12-03-2009, 01:49 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,335,876 times
On cold nights I wake up in the middle of the night unable to breathe well, I hate having to walk with my face in my coat. Cold & Asthma doesn't mix.

I dislike Winter because of health reasons & I just prefer warm weather.

Old 12-05-2009, 02:31 PM

175 posts, read 324,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlabel View Post
It's not the cold weather I dislike, just the extra aggrevation it causes like scraping the windshield, busting ice off and salting the steps, and the white knuckle drives to work when the roads are bad. If I was retired and only had to deal with it at my leisure, it would be great and I would enjoy it more.
I agree. It is not so much the cold temperature as it is all of the annoyance that comes with it. I like cold and dry, but I hate any kind of precipitation, even when it's warm out there.

Old 12-05-2009, 04:32 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
I love warm weather. But, snow for Christmas is nice. I don't mind withstanding Decembers storms........
Just head me south when the winter drags on.......off I go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather