Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 10:00 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,879,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PynballWyzyrd View Post
Oh it is on topic. He is trying to tell you why Huntington and Charleston . Prove gallup e NOT the unhappiest and unhealthiest cities.

Also, his poll is just as valid as Gallup's because Gallup conducts their polls in the EXACT same fashion. Random telephone calls.

You also mentioned earlier that someone needs to prove Gallup wrong. Exhibit A: Gallup predicted Romney to win the election. That didn't happen.
Another fallacy. I thought you were educated. Neither of that proves Gallup wrong. So the fact remains huntington and charleston are the unhappiest cities and the most depressed.

I too could claim i conducted statistical research and use it to make any claim i want. I am not that juvenile. By all means feel free to do this. We can compare it to a real organization like gallup and let people decide what they want to believe. Either way a seperate study is irrelevant to whay gallup found. It doesnt disprove gallup's research. Nor does the 2012 election in regard to this study.

You claimed to have taken a statistics course. The arguments you are using now show otherwise. if you can prove Gallup is wrong please do so. If you want to believe some shady stranger's claims on the internet by all means do so. It reflects badly on you and not me.

The fact remains that Charleston and Huntington are the 2 unhappiest cities with the worst depression. Prove it wrong I dare you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 10:02 AM

941 posts, read 1,356,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Another fallacy. I thought you were educated. Neither of that proves Gallup wrong. So the fact remains huntington and charleston are the unhappiest cities and the most depressed.

I too could claim i conducted statistical research and use it to make any claim i want. I am not that juvenile. By all means feel free to do this. We can compare it to a real organization like gallup and let people decide what they want to believe. Either way a seperate study is irrelevant to whay gallup found. It doesnt disprove gallup's research. Nor does the 2012 election in regard to this study.

You claimed to have taken a statistics course. The arguments you are using now show otherwise. if you can prove Gallup is wrong please do so. If you want to believe some shady stranger's claims on the internet by all means do so. It reflects badly on you and not me.

The fact remains that Charleston and Huntington are the 2 unhappiest cities with the worst depression. Prove it wrong I dare you.
It's soooo funny because you are describing yourself!!!! Hahahaha hahahaha

Old 06-28-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
You do realize that you just accused me of doing exactly what you do. That would make yu the hypocrite.
You are the one doing it not me.

Now you are resorting to a tu quoque and being a hypocrite about it. The issue here.is not tour hypocrisy but the poor well being of Charleston and Huntington. If you have any real and valid arguments that don't resort to hypocrisy and fallacies please share them.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PynballWyyou rd View Post
It's soooo funny because you are describing yourself!!!! Hahahaha hahahaha
Notice now how you have given up trying to argue against the data. You can't.

I have data and you are just acting juvenile and being a hypocrite. You are only proving my point.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
You are the one doing it not me.

Now you are resorting to a tu quoque and being a hypocrite about it. The issue here.is not tour hypocrisy but the poor well being of Charleston and Huntington. If you have any real and valid arguments that don't resort to hypocrisy and fallacies please share them.
The problem isn't your statistics. It is YOU! You can't seem to ever be unbiased. Just consider that you may not know everything about what you are talking about and understand some other opinions. You also are WAY too radical in your claims. You would get a better response from everyone if you changed that. Anyone presents ANYTHING against your argument then you refute it. Even if it's logical and well thought out information; and yes even others' statistics. You are WAAYYYY too subjective. Learn to accept that some of what you might be wrong and others will respect you more for it.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Notice now how you have given up trying to argue against the data. You can't.

I have data and you are just acting juvenile and being a hypocrite. You are only proving my point.
Look, the idea here isn't that the data is completely wrong but it's how it could be wrong. Just like how you say that the census doesn't represent the REAL population. Polls by their very nature don't always represent the REAL. I mean the census is a poll in itself. The census has a larger sample size though.

What I am about to say is certainly off topic:

If you can accept that Huntington and Charleston have more people than Morgantown then I can certainly accept this Gallup Poll. You can't pick and choose data to fit your needs or wants. It is what it is. If you can't accept this fact then I implore anyone that reads this to go and read any of cry_havoc's arguments against the census populations and just apply them to the Gallup polls.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
The problem isn't your statistics. It is YOU! You can't seem to ever be unbiased. Just consider that you may not know everything about what you are talking about and understand some other opinions. You also are WAY too radical in your claims. You would get a better response from everyone if you changed that. Anyone presents ANYTHING against your argument then you refute it. Even if it's logical and well thought out information; and yes even others' statistics. You are WAAYYYY too subjective. Learn to accept that some of what you might be wrong and others will respect you more for it.
I noticed you didn't find any problems with the data. Do you have anything relevant to add? If you have proof share it.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
I noticed you didn't find any problems with the data. Do you have anything relevant to add? If you have proof share it.
Why do I need proof. U never show any regarding the census. Just your biased opinion

Old 06-28-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Look, the idea here isn't that the data is completely wrong but it's how it could be wrong. Just like how you say that the census doesn't represent the REAL population. Polls by their very nature don't always represent the REAL. I mean the census is a poll in itself. The census has a larger sample size though.

What I am about to say is certainly off topic:

If you can accept that Huntington and Charleston have more people than Morgantown then I can certainly accept this Gallup Poll. You can't pick and choose data to fit your needs or wants. It is what it is. If you can't accept this fact then I implore anyone that reads this to go and read any of cry_havoc's arguments against the census populations and just apply them to the Gallup polls.
Charleston and Huntington could be a lot of things, it is only limited to your imagination. They could be the unhappiest and most depressed places on earth. However, the data shows they are just this for the US.

I already have accepted they have a larger population as counted by the census so therefore you acknowledge this Gallup research is right.

I'm also not making deals with you because that is irrelevant to the truth. Imnnot agreeing with you that 5+5=9 so you will agree with me that 1+1=2, we might agree but something is still wrong.

I'm not here to make friends I am here to show people the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Last edited by cry_havoc; 06-28-2013 at 11:02 AM..

Old 06-28-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Why do I need proof. U never show any regarding the census. Just your biased opinion
That's not true. I never denied the census is wrong for what it does I just said it doesn't count everybody and I have proved that hundreds of times. However, that is irrelevant to this discussion. Even if you are right that wouldnt make gallup wrong. I thougt you were a scientist? You should know this. Instead of trying to make this about me why dont wr make this about the data?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia