Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2008, 10:51 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,434,531 times

Advertisements

Like they said......that sure stinks.

And it's a natural gas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 05:50 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,317,255 times
HB:

That NY Flatulance Tax will be deemed unconstitutional by the Superior Courts...is discriminatory in the sense that it does not include horses...and everyone knows the nobility of 'old dobbin, a much more worthy offender of that gas generation...and noise pollution too!

Considering Beano in the feed?...I would suggest a dram of Comrade Nancy Pelosi's white wine for a more gentle digestion...look what it's done for her...made her the biggest congressional gas-bag in several generations...

With the auto bailout hung on certain issues, I would suggest a 'Green market approach...let the new generations of automobiles be powered by animals in the backseat...similar to those in Mexico that haul burros....tubing could be placed inconspictiously and the only sound would be that of the animal chewing its cud or laping at the feedbag...the riders could hang on to the outside and stand on 'running boards...old school buses painted dark green would be perfect...(similar to those used in Columbia)

I have an interest in that Australian company making those Flatlulance Bags and the engineering department is adjusting them to a greater capacity to fit our American congressional delegation...
They are secretly being given trial runs in California now...(Swartzenegger is desperate for a solution for their problems)

If the medical trials are successful, they will be free to all and paid for by Medicaid...part of the bailout...that is problem...the size problem...they are just to small for all the BS...

Last edited by David Kennedy; 12-05-2008 at 06:04 PM..

Old 12-05-2008, 06:34 PM

Old 12-11-2008, 04:32 PM

2 posts, read 4,287 times
Default moving to waverly

Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
I moved to Charleston, November 07' from Scottsdale, AZ. Originally from Orlando, FL.

I live in the city, and have small herd of deer in my yard. From what I understand, the speed limit in West Virginia is, how fast can you not hit a deer.

Neanderthals in West Virginia are a welcoming lot if you're not predisposed to think of them as lesser creatures (which is how they are painted), and when I talk with them about economic development, they have a point when you look at the locust effect in the rest of that ****hole once called America. People come to places of beauty and the first thing they do is destroy it. So I have some empathy with their assessment, "Would you really want that here?"

If you're an illegal alien, do not come to West Virginia.

Hello,
I'm moving to Waverly/Ogden WV for school in March from Scottsdale Arizona and basically would just like to know what to expect. Thanks

Old 12-11-2008, 06:30 PM

19,786 posts, read 22,680,815 times
Why in the Hell would you ask people in AZ what it's like in WV?

Old 12-11-2008, 06:54 PM

967 posts, read 2,996,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Genesee and DK you've gotta laugh hard at this one in upstate NY-- The cow flatulence tax

Maybe they should get a tax credit if they put beano in the feed.

wnyt.com - Farmers think cow tax plan stinks (http://wnyt.com/article/stories/S689759.shtml?cat=300 - broken link)
You laugh, someone proposed it! My family still farms in upstate NY (Delaware county), they're the only dairy farmers left in the area, and they're barely hanging on. It's idiotic "law makers" coming up with idiotic laws that are killing us.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:15 PM

2 posts, read 4,287 times
The post I quoted said they had moved from Arizona to WV, so I was asking in general what it is like in WV. Gas prices, things to do... ect. I have been trying to look online but there is not a lot of help

Old 12-11-2008, 08:32 PM

19,786 posts, read 22,680,815 times
mcfarnum did a ninja edit- they asked why don't you ask the question in the AZ forum, lol.

Gas is a little expensive here due to the state tax. Things to do generally requires whether or not you like the peace an quiet of our state. There are nice small towns, some bigger one's, but by far and wide we are a quiet state.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
mcfarnum did a ninja edit- they asked why don't you ask the question in the AZ forum, lol.

Gas is a little expensive here due to the state tax. Things to do generally requires whether or not you like the peace an quiet of our state. There are nice small towns, some bigger one's, but by far and wide we are a quiet state.
I wasn't thinking when I posted that. As noted , it didnt make much sense, so I deleted.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:32 AM

3,106 posts, read 7,376,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I wasn't thinking when I posted that. As noted , it didnt make much sense, so I deleted.
Whew - glad that's cleared up, I hadn't seen the deleted post and you all had me confused. Thought ally was getting beat up on.

Ally, you may want to start a new post asking about Waverly/Ogden. (I didn't even know where they were - had to look it up - they are in Wood County).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia