Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 04:51 PM

312 posts, read 1,059,685 times

Advertisements

Ok david, I'll take "pity points" i guess. Nothing's wrong with fake boobs, if that's as far as it goes, but this ol' girl I went out with also had on a Dolly Parton wig, and I later found out, false teeth. I hung in there like a trooper, even offered to give her a foot massage. When she unscrewed her wooden leg and tossed it in my lap, Well I had had enough. I called a wrecker and had her towed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 09:08 AM

19,769 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citybilly View Post
Ok david, I'll take "pity points" i guess. Nothing's wrong with fake boobs, if that's as far as it goes, but this ol' girl I went out with also had on a Dolly Parton wig, and I later found out, false teeth. I hung in there like a trooper, even offered to give her a foot massage. When she unscrewed her wooden leg and tossed it in my lap, Well I had had enough. I called a wrecker and had her towed.
*spits out coffee* LOL

Old 07-30-2008, 09:16 AM

2,429 posts, read 7,237,435 times
We need some system, to warn us to cover our keyboards before reading...

Old 08-01-2008, 08:02 AM

3 posts, read 9,406 times
David Kennedy,
Was back for Mountain Fest, what a great time. Want to see more bikers? Get rid of the helmet law! I live in S/E Ohio and my family hails from outside Madison so I know a little about W.Va. Did 5 states while riding that weekend. What was this tread about anyway?Thats right, why dont more people want to live there. Be carfull, my slow and lovely place in Hocking Hills is crawling with city folks now andI am going to sell out as soon as this housing thing comes back around. Would settle for a grass farm along 50 somewhere up high!

Old 08-01-2008, 10:13 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,315,952 times
Helmet laws are for the bikers...license, bike tags, insurance and a $150 learner fee if you don't have the M/C on your DL... AND...AND...AND
the DUI's on the 4 wheelers...the invisible motorists...pay almost nothing...It's about the money....Glad you Had a great time...simply NOT enough fireworks at the FEST !!!!

Mo-town knows how to promote a good time...and a safe one too...What would ease into that law would be a special weekend welcome moritorium in the summer riding months and use the heated helmets in the winter...enough said...I've got to heat up some oil of my own...thanks, Wayward1

Old 08-07-2008, 10:47 PM

129 posts, read 460,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
Eventually I figured it out. It was deer hunting season.
You didn't know about deer season? Where are you from, and how did you get to West Virginia from there?

No offense intended--I appreciate a lot of what you wrote.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:53 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,375,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spark240 View Post
You didn't know about deer season? Where are you from, and how did you get to West Virginia from there?

No offense intended--I appreciate a lot of what you wrote.
First year hubby & I were married he said he was going to his dad's to build a tree stand. In my mind, I saw him either
1. His dad must have planted a tree and he was putting those wood stakes to support it or
2. He was building a stand to put the Christmas tree in, although it was sorta early to be getting ready for Christmas.
Imagine my surprise when I discovered what a tree stand was.

Old 08-09-2008, 06:30 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
West Virginia has always been a beautiful state to me. I lived in the foothills of the mountains in So.Cal, for over 30 years, so I'v always loved the mountains. I have read about and seen documentaries on the history and biography of west Virginia. There has also been rumors going around, even since I was a kid, that W,Virginia was an insest state. Now how true that is, I don't know, but from what I've read and the people that I've met from W.V. , it's hard to believe. My point is that I believe that many people have avoided W.V, because of what they've read or heard.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 08-09-2008 at 06:40 PM..

Old 08-09-2008, 07:14 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,315,952 times
Sigmund Freud refused to acknowledge the high incest rate of Germany when he was doing his research in the late 1800's, thought the stories everyone was telling him was untrue...set the Psychiatric and Behavior Medical fields back some 50 years..
Wv has had its share and more...I've seen it. So have other states and ethnic groups...

Personally. I hope we can keep the crud of America from coming here...let them have Califorina, Florida and Texas for starters...that fence along the Mexican Border...I hope we can afford one in a few years...

Old 08-09-2008, 07:49 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Don Knotts is from W.VA. in fact, Ron Howard is from the small farm town I'm living in now, Duncan, OK., I moved here last summer from So, Cal.
wayward1, I have a brother who lives in and has a "Heating and A/C Buisiness in "Ashland, Ohio.",
I(we) were born and raised on a Dairy farm in N.W. Michigan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia