Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 06:47 PM

7 posts, read 25,862 times

Advertisements

Well... Heres my two cents... If you don't like the state, don't like the people, have negative things to say about WV & the People... THEN GET OUT AND KEEP YOUR MOUTHS SHUT... just thought i'd throw that out there because I cant stand when people talk bad about the state or the people of WV... I have lived here all my life and have loved every minute of it... It's a great place... and truthfully I hate move in's from the city because they tear our farm land up and our 4wheeling land where we dont have any place to go and get away from everything! If you have a problem with us just stay the heck out and don't run your mouths about us! Sorry if im sounding hateful but its just the way i feel about reading alot of negative posts about WV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2007, 09:13 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,990,663 times
And my two cents... You're from Mississippi for godsake... Why do you think you're so much better than someone from WV. I would probably say you get looks from people because its your abrasive attitude and aura and people just notice it. I'm sorry but the days of WV being complete country bumpkins are over, we have some, but every state does; including New York and California. WV has many great things to offer people, there are many professionals, a great myriad of recreational oppourtunities, and a slower pace of life where in general people will meet you with a smile. I think I speak for the whole state in wishing "WILDERNESS" a speedy move and wish you the best of luck criticizing the people of the next state you move too!

Old 03-07-2007, 10:40 AM

109 posts, read 440,104 times
Default Ok

I lived in wv , bluefield exactly when i was younger, i loved it.We moved back to illinois when i was about 10 or so. My family is from the country yet i was born and raised mostly in the city. I loved it , really loved wv in aug. 2006 when i visited . Everyone was real nice and i loved the houses. I live in illinois and pple dont know who there neighbor is. I say good morning to everyone i met, but they dont respond. I have read some pretty crazy post on here, I will see how it is for myself.thank

Last edited by citygrl707; 03-07-2007 at 11:22 AM..

Old 03-07-2007, 02:35 PM

1,076 posts, read 3,553,130 times
I spent some time in morgantown west virginia u, i've been to all the med facilities in st louis, wash u and such but wvu puts those boys to shame, definatly top docs, best medical facility i've ever seen nicest people i've been around, beatiful place, i would live there in a new york second if it just wasn't for the cold & snow.

now the roads lol, i guess once you get used to flying around curves it would be ok, got next to a log truck one time this guy had logs piled way up on that trailer & he was flat movin around those curves, only thing i could think of was oh man he's gonna dump that load right on me lol.

citygrl 707, illinois what can you say except ahhhhhhh it's different and not in a good way, i know just what you mean as i'm stuck there too.

but all in all i gotta say wv holds a special memory for me that i will never forget.

Old 03-08-2007, 04:28 AM

Default well

my parents live in bluefield currently and this year illinois has seen more snow then wv. Thats a questions i was going to ask how are there winters. Im not a snow person yet i live in illinois and at times where covered by it. This is my parents first winter back in wv , the spring time there was beautiful.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:21 AM

1,981 posts, read 5,990,663 times
I know Citygrl707 !!! I came to Huntington from Elkins to attend Marshall U. and it has snowed here once or twice and it usually melted within a few days. It was fairly cold during February but the winter here has been very mild. My mother says there has been several blizzards in Elkins though this winter.

Old 03-09-2007, 03:16 AM

47 posts, read 190,664 times
I think people of WV are genuinely friendly folks that still look for the good in folks. Whether born here or moved here and adopted in I believe that attitude takes over. It is wonderful to drive down a country road whether it's your home area or you're a stranger and people wave at you like they know who you are. It's nice to know that people will stop and help you if your car breaks down or if you are stuck in the snow. People of WV whether other folks want to think we are backwoods or hicks we really just live a slower pace of life and don't have to be on guard about things so much so it allows us to be friendly and expect the best from people instead of the worst. I would hope that when people visit our great state they get to meet the normal folks...friendly, hard working, down to earth people and not the few that are the minority.
Marilyn

Old 03-09-2007, 04:35 AM

Default To Add to this,

On Monay my parents car broke down , mind you my parents are in there sixty's and my father had a bad leg. Anyway the car broke down on top of a mountain and a perfect stranger pushed them all the way home. Now i have had my car brake down in illinois and we stood on the highway in 90 degree weather for over an hour with my infant daughter in toll. Finally a man stopped to help after hundreds fo cars went by. My husband wants out of this city we were suppose to wait for next year to get a little extra cash, but he want to move in june when school ends here. Im a little nervous becuase we both had decent jobs here , i work in billing and hes a resturant manager. I like the laid back feeling i get in wv, im tired of all the rush, i would love to sit on a porch drinking ice tea and relax.

Old 03-09-2007, 07:46 AM

27 posts, read 107,097 times
Default Lovin' West Virginia

*** Although I am not living home at the present, (my home is WV) I just had to add my praise for WV to the beautiful voices I read on this Thread.
There is no lovelier place to live than WV. You just have to find the right spot for you. The culture is so friendly and hospitable. If you visit someone in WV they practically force you to have a meal or snack before you leave. As a natural part of their generosity they always want to give you something good to take with you. I am speaking for the majority.,, I am still that way here in MT where I am living temporarily.
The Beauty of WV is so entwined with the souls of those who love her. Nature and the critters that live within are all a part of God's most beautiful of creations. Our state is 'dubbed', (affectionate names) Almost Heaven, West Virginia. Wild and Wonderful. Soul soothing and a vital source of all the needs of life. Where neighbors still have time (and take time) to visit and say hello to each other, and to strangers as well.,, Again I say, this is the majority of folks.
Of course no place is perfect, but WV is darn near it. Oh there are other beautiful places but none more beautiful than West Virginia.
If only people would stop destroying so much of the beauty and natural peace. Someday by God's grace... Pat

Old 03-09-2007, 01:34 PM

2,429 posts, read 7,236,690 times
For another example, go to this week's Pocahontas Times (www.pocahontastimes.com) and read the letter to the editor from 4 girls from North Carolina who had a flat tire.

Snorpus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia