Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 07:11 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLM2000 View Post
So..... heard some interesting things today.....

1) Publix has put the brakes on the H'ville location for the moment - they want to get the Weaverville location up first and will break ground in H'ville in 2017. No idea if that's accurate or not but I know one person who should know for sure and will ask.

2) Ingles is planing get their new location on Spartanburg up and running before Publix does
Publix is smarter than doing nothing. If Ingle's is moving forward to replace store 77, Publix would want to get on the ball to officially announce the new store and begin construction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2016, 07:54 PM

642 posts, read 669,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Publix is smarter than doing nothing. If Ingle's is moving forward to replace store 77, Publix would want to get on the ball to officially announce the new store and begin construction.
I'd think so too but there may be more to it than that. Based on the way the Fresh Market parking lot is constructed and since we all know the area is prone to flooding already, Publix may be required to do some significant water management system by the city, county or perhaps even Army Corp of Engineers since they get involved with stream management.

BTW - does anyone know where Publix will be in Weavervillle? Is that underway? I was looking forward to the H'ville location and now with the changes at Fresh Market, even more. I don't like shopping at Ingles and only go there occasionally for a few items I can't find elsewhere. That leaves Harris Teeter (meh) and the Co-op ($$$ for everyday stuff) - I avoid Four Seasons/64 like the plague.

Another article about Apollo buyout of Fresh Market

Old 06-01-2016, 08:03 PM

Default Publix, South Market Village, Hendersonville, North Carolina

Quote:
I'd think so too but there may be more to it than that. Based on the way the Fresh Market parking lot is constructed and since we all know the area is prone to flooding already, Publix may be required to do some significant water management system by the city, county or perhaps even Army Corp of Engineers since they get involved with stream management.
It is too late in the process now. The site has been planned with water management considered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLM2000
BTW - does anyone know where Publix will be in Weavervillle? Is that underway?
Yes, store 1546 is underway at Weaverville Plaza at the old Rose's.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:08 PM

61 posts, read 66,719 times
Publix has already reached a agreement with Hendersonville on drainage problems in that area. http://wlos.com/news/local/henderson...ves-new-publix

Old 06-01-2016, 08:11 PM

Also the old Pizza Hut where Ingles is expanding was bulldozed down today.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip8044 View Post
Also the old Pizza Hut where Ingles is expanding was bulldozed down today.
It would be nice to have Pizza Hut return to the trade area.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:14 PM

Well there is still a Pizza Hut on 4 Seasons Blvd.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip8044 View Post
Well there is still a Pizza Hut on 4 Seasons Blvd.
That is a different trade area. I am currently looking for another Pizza Hut location after a bad experience at one Saturday.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:40 AM

395 posts, read 462,474 times
Quote:
That leaves Harris Teeter (meh) and the Co-op ($$$ for everyday stuff) - I avoid Four Seasons/64 like the plague.
I find the H'ville Food Co-op one of the best things in H'ville (and their prices quite fair for a health food store). Funny how we all have different perceptions.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:43 AM

642 posts, read 669,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasage View Post
I find the H'ville Food Co-op one of the best things in H'ville (and their prices quite fair for a health food store). Funny how we all have different perceptions.
Oh I agree for some things - I know I can get local meats and poultry that have been raised and slaughtered (for the most part) in more humane ways but it's limited selection. Sales there are good on many quality, organic grocery items, too. The pre-made foods, not so much and for some reason they don't hold to the same standards of quality in that department. I like the co-op and do some shopping there, but the whole place is inconsistent and run by kids IYKWIM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina