Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2020, 07:03 PM

902 posts, read 809,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
Oh my god, not everyone agrees with everything you say. What a tragedy for you! Poor baby...boo hoo for you! Welcome to the real world.
I was hoping that like a fart out in public you would eventually fade away with the breeze. No such luck ...

Poor baby, boo hoo and welcome to the real world? Glad to see you rise above it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2020, 07:05 PM

And no, not everyone here has to agree. You DO though have the choice on how you react to other peoples opinions. Practice what you so often preach.

And so you know, I'm not passive aggressive at all. I'll tell you exactly what I think of you and your opinions directly to your face. Don't like what I have to say? Too bad.

Last edited by VinceTheExplorer; 04-08-2020 at 07:15 PM..

Old 04-08-2020, 07:22 PM

2,064 posts, read 1,646,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceTheExplorer View Post
And no, not everyone here has to agree. You DO though have the choice on how you react to other peoples opinions.
Umm, so do you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceTheExplorer View Post
And so you know, I'm not passive aggressive at all. I'll tell you exactly what I think of you and your opinions directly to your face. Don't like what I have to say? Too bad.
Great. Same here. I've been very clear. In case you missed it, your post is pointless.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
In case you missed it, your post is pointless.
Good to know, as were all of your comments. Thanks for contributing so diligently to something you consider to be so pointless. Good luck!

Last edited by VinceTheExplorer; 04-08-2020 at 08:20 PM..

Old 04-11-2020, 06:24 AM

35,099 posts, read 31,350,535 times
Other than probably a higher number of "discretionary" businesses, this issue is all over the country.

A lot of small businesses, especially in the restaurant and bar industries, will likely close permanently. I'll continue to support whatever is available after all this.

Old 04-11-2020, 06:47 AM

644 posts, read 671,402 times
^^^ Any location that is popular with tourists will have a high proportion of discretionary businesses unless that location is also a large urban area that has a diversified business/industrial climate - think NYC, Chicago, LA but certainly some smaller cities as well. And discretionary businesses, whether they are in tourist areas or not, are going to see a high attrition rate. Sad but true. Restaurants are struggling to stay afloat through carry out and some will make it to the other side somewhat intact but some of those will succumb later to debt or a lag in rebuilding a clientele that will likely be wary for a while. It's a crazy time. We are all living in uncharted waters.

Old 04-11-2020, 09:45 AM

1,912 posts, read 3,226,912 times
Not sure what the situation is with Vince but when he started posting on city-data he was exuberant....now he sounds very angry...hope his current posts don't reflect his state of mind....frankly...I thought be was hacked. Happy Easter to all and stay well!

Old 04-11-2020, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveLoveLaugh View Post
Not sure what the situation is with Vince but when he started posting on city-data he was exuberant....now he sounds very angry...hope his current posts don't reflect his state of mind....frankly...I thought be was hacked. Happy Easter to all and stay well!
^^^ I see your point, but I’m still as happy and content with life as I’ve always been. We go hiking still every week, our marriage of 30+ years is as strong as ever, kids are doing great and our careers are pushing ahead through these difficult times that we’re in. No complaints with life here whatsoever.

I think the issue here on my end is that long ago this used to be a fun place to come and talk to others about whatever you wanted and to share your experiences and pictures. These days it’s a place to defend your comments at now, with a fair amount of forum trolls here taking up space.

Attention seeking people who dissect every comment as though it’s directed at them and post their ignorance all over the CDF forums, with their only agenda seeming to be conflict and drama - like including our children into their personal attacks but expecting us to be civilized towards them in return.

I’ve even seen their screen names outside of CDF trying to start arguments on various social sites. Same sceen names, same areas of response (WNC / AVL) and same sort of condescending responses to others.

If you don’t believe me then check out their posts on various parts of the forum here and you’ll see the same fights being picked with others by the same people. Talk about being a sad person living a sad life. It’s the main reason why many have given up on coming here anymore, as I’ve talked with many of them behind the scenes and all have similar things to say about CDF these days.

It’s a no win coming here to do anything anymore. Either way, life away from CDF is great and all is good on my end. The previous few posts were from those, like myself, wanting to simply engage in normal, open conversations about our current state of affairs. The first dozen or so I will apologize for as they were, ... well, responses not even worth paying attention to. Thanks!

Last edited by VinceTheExplorer; 04-11-2020 at 11:24 AM..

Old 04-11-2020, 11:29 AM

And no further attention will be given to certain forum members here. Nothing constructive to say regarding the topic? Then you’ll simply be ignored. Thanks!

Old 04-11-2020, 01:12 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,086,888 times
This definitely is a concern locally here. I know it will change Asheville, even if it's temporarily. It makes me wonder how it will impact things in the future and how long it will last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina