Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2012, 01:46 AM

34 posts, read 99,674 times

Advertisements

I can't wait to move out of Milwaukee... Have lived in the ghetto most of my life, Northside and South. Just moved to the north side this winter.
These people have no respect for their communities or themselves. I have yet to experience a summer in the vast Northside ghetto but am already disgusted. As soon as it warmed, they came out. Why do they always sit on their front lawns or hangout on the sidewalk and why do they let their kids run around the street. Everything is run down and falling apart, every store has security to the max, hell even MCdonalds has a box like at a bank where you put your money and they then put the food in the box. Seriously not even the mexican ghetto was that bad. Some kid was shot and died a block away from my house a couple of months ago, this is going to be a long summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 08:16 AM

72,981 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barajaj View Post
I can't wait to move out of Milwaukee... Have lived in the ghetto most of my life, Northside and South. Just moved to the north side this winter.
These people have no respect for their communities or themselves. I have yet to experience a summer in the vast Northside ghetto but am already disgusted. As soon as it warmed, they came out. Why do they always sit on their front lawns or hangout on the sidewalk and why do they let their kids run around the street. Everything is run down and falling apart, every store has security to the max, hell even MCdonalds has a box like at a bank where you put your money and they then put the food in the box. Seriously not even the mexican ghetto was that bad. Some kid was shot and died a block away from my house a couple of months ago, this is going to be a long summer.
My father is from the northside, born and raised. He said Milwaukee could be rough. According to him, he said that in his time, if you were Black and you crossed the viaduct into some south side neighborhoods, you would get jumped, possibly killed. He also has told me that his old neighborhood is basically violent and he wouldn't dream of raising his kids there. All of I know of his current neighborhood is what he is telling me, which is basically that it's a violent neighborhood.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:40 PM

2,661 posts, read 3,856,714 times
Quote:

wtf does this have to do with topic?

Old 04-21-2012, 11:23 PM

34 posts, read 99,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
wtf does this have to do with topic?

lol just venting

Old 04-22-2012, 06:59 AM

1,222 posts, read 2,278,385 times
Quote:
Ever considered moving to one of the nicer neighborhoods in Milwaukee? There are tons of them.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:43 PM

593 posts, read 890,034 times
Originally from Oshkosh schooled in Green Bay lived in Appleton and finally Wauwatosa. We move to the West Coast of Florida (Clearwater area) and love it here.

Old 05-29-2012, 01:15 PM

72,981 posts, read 62,569,376 times
^One thing I've noticed is that there are quite a few people from the Midwest who move to the Tampa-St.Petersburg area. I have a friend from Chicago who moved to St. Petersburg as a child. It seems like while Miami attracts alot of people from the Northeast, the Tampa area attracts people from Midwestern states like Wisconsin. Former MLB pitcher Brad Radke was born in Eau Claire,WI and went to high school in Tampa.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:21 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,885,964 times
^^ Very true. And all the way down the west coast of Florida, Sarasota all the way to Ft. Meyers. I swear every time we're down there and strike up a conversation with someone, they're from Michigan! We were at a hotel once in Port Charlotte, and saw a Wisconsin license plate in the parking lot, and chatted up the guy. Sure enough, they were from Jefferson, and spend every winter at that little resort on Charlotte Harbor!

Old 06-01-2012, 10:49 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,928,476 times
Born and raised in Beloit. Lived in Colorado , Montana, Wyoming , Idaho, Arizona, Omaha, and Florida.
Now live in Wisconsin for work and family.

Biggest difference...it seems like Wisconsin residents have less money and far crappier cars than any state I've lived in. I can only assume it's because taxes and the high cost of living here make it almost impossible to break away from the middle class.

Also, it seems to me there are a lot of hicks and skanks in disproportionate numbers. Camouflage clothing is considered formal wear. Crocs are dress shoes. People don't take pride in their appearance.

Road construction is out of control in the summer.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:33 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,152,881 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin