Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 05:17 PM

387 posts, read 592,016 times

Advertisements

every employee there should march down to the CEO and take a collective dump in front of his office and then quit. what a load of bull.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 05:21 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,537,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 404Error View Post
every employee there should march down to the CEO and take a collective dump in front of his office and then quit. what a load of bull.
naaa.....just take a collective dump in front of his lawn.

Or collect all the used tampons, put them in a box, wrap it up and put a ribbon on it, then have it delivered with a note.

Because the employer is an ignorant sadist.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:23 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,645,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
The company in this article has limited bathroom time to six minutes a day and has decided to reward people with gift cards if they don't take any bathroom breaks at all during work time.

This sounds like something you would read on the Onion. How happy will they be when people start developing health issues because they're not going to the bathroom when they need to?

This seems to be a trend lately. Instead of addressing the employees that are the real problem, management implements a new rule for everyone. It's ridiculous. They need to grow a spine and deal with problems head on instead of doing stupid things like this.

I hope every employee gets a doctors note saying the employee must be allowed to go to the bathroom when they need to go to the bathroom, but you know that won't happen because people will want to get those gift cards.
So the bathroom thing is new to me but punishing the group instead of singling out the offenders is definitely not new to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
Catheter.
Ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
They could do what Dr Yang did on Grey's Anatomy. She wore an adult diaper so that she could stay in the OR without needing a potty break.

Perhaps whoever instituted this policy owns stock in Depends???
That's exactly what I was thinking! Except I was thinking of the lady astronaut that went crazy and drove across country with her depends to confront her lover. Or something like that,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You're supposed to listen to your body, not force it to fit some pre-ordained schedule. I'm sure breaks are given at assigned times.

This seems to be a rule that works against females and older people. Guys can wait, women are told not to because doing so can result in bladder infections. If someone is in their late 60's, early 70's, I'm not sure they can wait either.

You can bet the people who came up with this brilliant plan aren't timing their bathroom breaks.
NOR do they know what it feels like to be well hydrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
I just hope every employee goes to the bathroom, runs out of time, bypasses hand-washing, and stops by the boss's office to shake hands.
Excellent suggestion.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:26 PM

387 posts, read 592,016 times
on the flip side though i knew a guy who would sit in a stall for an hour with his kindle while taking a dump. Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-17-2014 at 08:59 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:37 PM

6,788 posts, read 9,651,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 404Error View Post
on the flip side though i knew a guy who would sit in a stall for an hour with his kindle while taking a dump. [Snip.]
I knew a guy who'd take his manuals in there and read. I think he did it so that nobody would ask to borrow his manuals.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-17-2014 at 09:00 AM..

Old 07-16-2014, 05:37 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,868,242 times
They should provide plastic potty chairs for everyone so they can sit on them all day while working and relieve themselves whenever the need arises.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:12 PM

12,335 posts, read 17,221,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique13 View Post
naaa.....just take a collective dump in front of his lawn.

Or collect all the used tampons, put them in a box, wrap it up and put a ribbon on it, then have it delivered with a note.

Because the employer is an ignorant sadist.
I agree. Sounds like a prison camp and the employer is a huge tool for making a rule like this. What's next? Water-boarding for using too many paper clips?

Totally not normal and not reflective of most employers thankfully, Even with it being an employers market today.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:36 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,193,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique13 View Post
If an employee is productive and stellar? WHO [Snip.] CARES HOW OFTEN THAT PERSON GOES TO THE BATHROOM.
This policy wasn't instituted b/c of stellar employees - it was instituted because less-than-stellar employees were using the bathroom as a breakroom.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-17-2014 at 09:02 AM..

Old 07-16-2014, 09:51 PM

31,846 posts, read 17,732,426 times
Ringo, I recall that odd story of the former astronaut who depended on Depends. Lisa Nowak. She was involved in a love triangle, attacked the other woman and then drove 900 miles wearing her Depends.

I haven't seen upper management screw up like this since Netflix raised their rates and Reed Hastings didn't think it was a big enough deal to talk to customers about.

Or New Coke.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:57 PM

20,947 posts, read 19,117,968 times
Think of all the water they'll be saving!

When the EPA does crap like this they're admired by the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment