Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 01:11 PM

18,774 posts, read 18,255,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
I don’t take much business advice from people that begain their career 20-30 years ago. Things were actually SANE back then. Most businesses are complete mismanaged messes now which makes it 10’times more difficult to get things done

Although I did start my career, actually over fifty years ago, I was still working up until the very end of last year. I would still be working today if my wife was not seriously ill. I had actually worked as a temp for the very last eight years and I was happy with that work - but I was paid pretty good.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the advice to seek companies when they first open their doors. Even in union companies you start off as senior man (except for the employees that transfer in). It opens up better jobs to those that get in on the ground floor. The companies are hungry for workers and will use employees wherever there is a need. All you have to do is meet the qualifications and express and interest.

As corporations age they pick up bad habits; like butt kissing and nepotism. The requirements usually get more stringent for better jobs (just so they can get their friends in). Of course it is harder to get away with this in a union shop' but it can happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment