Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which 1st world nation has the worst quality of life in your opinion?
Japan 10 4.02%
South Korea 19 7.63%
Singapore 23 9.24%
United States 68 27.31%
Canada 1 0.40%
UK 21 8.43%
Ireland 3 1.20%
Italy 9 3.61%
France 1 0.40%
Spain 16 6.43%
Germany 3 1.20%
Denmark 0 0%
Sweden 3 1.20%
Poland 68 27.31%
New Zealand 4 1.61%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 08:15 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,512,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_moore View Post
^I think American prefers to pay their own health insurance instead of paying high tax for universal healthcare which will also entitle lazy people.

Though I hope they will remove that "DEDUCTIBLE" and makes everything FREE as long as you are paying such high premium.
Majority in U.S. Say Healthcare Not Gov't Responsibility
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 08:19 PM

2,532 posts, read 1,866,746 times
Obviously a site plagued with liberal urbanist europhiles are going to choose the good old US of A as the worst first world nation.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:39 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
Obviously a site plagued with liberal urbanist europhiles are going to choose the good old US of A as the worst first world nation.
Obviously anyone with rebel in their username and from the South probably has a huge Confederate flag on their rusted out 1989 F150

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Why do people work more than one part time job? why not just work a full time job?
well, here a lot of restaurants don't offer full-time jobs to not pay benefits. So, you gotta get another part-time job to get close to 40 hours a week.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:39 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,380,488 times
^Should I work like part time in Nike shop and part time in Adidas shop?

Old 10-29-2014, 09:46 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,512,862 times
Quote:
^Should I work like part time in Nike shop and part time in Adidas shop?
Neither, that's too much work. be a security guard.

Old 10-30-2014, 12:08 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,966,685 times
I've had some relatives and family friends moving out from NZ to Australia because of bad weather, mundane life and not much job opportunities.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:45 AM

1,006 posts, read 1,513,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
If you're middle class or higher in the U.S., then the above doesn't really affect you. I don't understand why the U.S. would have a bad quality of life when it seems to me that things are more expensive relative to salaries in most other first world countries. For example, the prices of lot of things are probably 2 to 3 times higher in western European countries compared to the U.S. But are the salaries that much higher?
U.S.has a rather terrible quality of life for anything lower than
the middle class to the point where you can live better in many
other first world countries in terms of safety nets. It's that
bad but that can also be blamed on the
U.S. work to live attitude instead of live to work.

Also people shouldn't have to pay for healthcare. It's a right
since we all breath. Making people have to pay for healthcare
is just another long example of the United States
royally screwing its citizens.

Last edited by Europeanflava; 11-02-2014 at 11:58 AM..

Old 11-02-2014, 04:26 PM

14,327 posts, read 11,719,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Europeanflava View Post
Also people shouldn't have to pay for healthcare. It's a right
since we all breath. Making people have to pay for healthcare is just another long example of the United States royally screwing its citizens.
And while we're at it, people shouldn't have to pay for food. It's a right. We all need to eat. Nor should we have to pay for housing. That's a right too, since everyone needs shelter. Since we really don't want to see people walking the streets naked, clothing should be free. And since the consensus is that modern life is impossible without cell phones, everyone should be issued a free phone with a free service plan. And so on...

Old 11-02-2014, 05:01 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
Quote:
^I think American prefers to pay their own health insurance instead of paying high tax for universal healthcare which will also entitle lazy people.

Though I hope they will remove that "DEDUCTIBLE" and makes everything FREE as long as you are paying such high premium.

That's the veritable description of an "oxymoron"; give a huge proportion The 35.4 Percent: 109,631,000 on Welfare | CNS Newsof your population assistance in the form of welfare which also gives them entitlement to government funded health care but state for all to chuckle over, that Universal healthcare entitles "lazy people". Gads how do people come up with this chit?

Do Canadians Really Pay More Taxes Than Americans?

Top income tax rate: How U.S. really compares - Apr. 1, 2013

So here you can see that this great love some have for the "ability" to purchase their own insurance rather than pay higher taxes is just plain wrong and is just another way of saying I'll drink the kool-ade they keep telling me about countries with single payer health care paying higher taxes.

Factor in the cost of that insurance, especially with a low deductible, on top of their already higher taxes out of the gate and Americans are willingly paying to dance at the wrong ball and claiming they're better off for the privilege. It doesn't get much worse than that on the indoctrination scale.

Old 11-03-2014, 12:37 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,333,827 times
Singapore sounds like the worst. From news sites, interviewees say that they don't sleep enough, hate their jobs, and don't smile. That sounds like pretty bad quality of life. To top it off it's also the least emotional country, doesn't seem like a nice place to live
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World