Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 02:15 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,507,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCalifornianWriter View Post
As Oleg said, the culture that you cling to that surrounds you and made you a hippy came from the U.S., so...

I mean, growing up in one of the most prosperous economic times that the nation has ever seen, with a higher standard of living than ever before, and hippies shun such success? Always was an odd one for me.

For the most part, arrogance is NOT common in the U.S. I'm sure people can come up with better examples of countries that exhibit arrogance.
Sorry maybe you over exaggerated but i remember reading something like "6 year olds drinking alcohol" I know some countries have a low drinking age. It doesnt mean every 18 year old in France gets hammered ever night, i'm sure alot of the just drink causally. maybe just a glass of wine during a meal

Old 06-27-2012, 02:18 PM

459 posts, read 724,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
Sorry maybe you over exaggerated but i remember reading something like "6 year olds drinking alcohol" I know some countries have a low drinking age. It doesnt mean every 18 year old in France gets hammered ever night, i'm sure alot of the just drink causally. maybe just a glass of wine during a meal
Bob, I'm sorry (to you and anyone that misunderstood me). I never meant it to be taken that way. I NEVER meant to suggest that every child and teenager is drunk every day. I simply gave that as an example of the more freedom that is commonplace throughout Europe. I'm happy to know that there are rational people here.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Bob, I'm sorry (to you and anyone that misunderstood me). I never meant it to be taken that way. I NEVER meant to suggest that every child and teenager is drunk every day. I simply gave that as an example of the more freedom that is commonplace throughout Europe. I'm happy to know that there are rational people here.
Don't be sorry, I just took it the wrong way i guess. No problems

Old 06-27-2012, 03:20 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Here's another reason why people might not like the US:

It's a reason why I certainly don't like US christians.

Old 06-27-2012, 03:22 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Ugh, again with the misinterpretations! I said that Europeans are less doting and protective of their children on average than Americans, which is a fact! It is not at all ignorant, what I said. You, john, made your own conclusion from that statement and ran with it.

By this.............................................. ..................^^^^^, I mean that American children get much less freedom from a young age than the same child would in Europe, regardless of the crime or other factors.

And, Bob, it wasn't ignorant, you just misunderstood it.
That is NOT what you said.
We did not misunderstand you.
You were very clear.

Quote:
Have you ever thought of ending your questions properly? I imagine not. It does seem very likely that American parents (for whatever reason) are more caring/doting for their children than European parents. Everyone has so much more freedom to do anything from a young age there. Kids drinking wine at 6 and other socially odd and somewhat stupid things.
//www.city-data.com/forum/24791605-post257.html

BTW, the government also murdered students at Jackson State and Kent State, so don't go telling me about the "freedom" that we possessed.

Old 06-27-2012, 03:43 PM

598 posts, read 956,274 times
" America is the land of opportunity. This nation has everything that no other nations offers, anywhere from the all type of climates, to the chain stores, to the diversity, to the cities and much more! God Bless America!"

Wow your humble too, good luck with that!

Old 06-27-2012, 04:48 PM

102,216 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Used to be the land of opportunity. Now it's the land of opportunity to be homeless and/or unemployed. The land of downward mobility.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:21 PM

Thought we got rid of the childish remarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Here's another reason why people might not like the US:

It's a reason why I certainly don't like US christians.
^ A reason why people might not like Dearborn Michigan.

Mosque milestone for Alaska Muslims - YouTube

Old 06-27-2012, 06:36 PM

Notice how i dont post vidoes like the ones below and saying Europe is Racist or Xenophobic mainly because i'm not 12 and i have more respect

Old 06-27-2012, 06:38 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,244,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
Notice how i dont post vidoes like the ones below and saying Europe is Racist or Xenophobic mainly because i'm not 12 and i have more respect
Good point. There are nutjobs and intolerant people in every country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World