Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 06:52 AM

9,293 posts, read 14,908,083 times

Advertisements

The XXXXLLLL baggy stuff is Afro-American fashion. Started by them and imitated by white guys.

Look at pictures of basketball teams then and now if you want to see how it has progressed into ridiculousness. I don't think gayness has anything to do it.

European men are so much better turned out than American men!!!!

Old 08-19-2012, 06:59 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,728,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post

I agree. Men are afraid of being 'objectified' or seen as a sex object. Deep down, I think it might lead to to more intimacy between them.
I think this theory is kind of silly.

So if men are deemed as sex object, they are more likely to "turn gay"? Straight men like boobs all their lives. They will choose a 50 year woman will saggy boobs over the 24 year muscular dude any day. Straight men won't starting liking men just because they look attractive. Sexuality doesn't happen that way.

Plus, how come when women show their sexy body all the time, they don't develop an “intimacy" among them?

I think there is still some kind of sexism in it. Women should dress pretty for men to look at. Men's body on the other hand, are not for others to look at and appreciate the beauty of.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:03 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
I think this theory is kind of silly.

So if men are deemed as sex object, they are more likely to "turn gay"? Straight men like boobs all their lives. They will choose a 50 year woman will saggy boobs over the 24 year muscular dude any day. Straight men won't starting liking men just because they look attractive. Sexuality doesn't happen that way.

Plus, how come when women show their sexy body all the time, they don't develop an “intimacy" among them?

I think there is still some kind of sexism in it. Women should dress pretty for men to look at. Men's body on the other hand, are not for others to look at and appreciate the beauty of.
How much of this is conditioned? In ancient Greece love between young men was celebrated. I'm not saying they will, but some actually are secretly afraid they will be aroused by another man's naked body.

The sexualization of women - not them wearing little alone - is messing with their brains and making them more bisexual. Ask a young woman if they'd rather sleep with Angelina Jolie or a fat, ugly 50 year old man and see what they say.

And what's with the last statement? Of course men can be beautiful! In fact if women didn't wear makeup and pretty themselves up they wouldn't be anything more than men to look at.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:05 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,728,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post

European men are so much better turned out than American men!!!!
Not so much as "turned out better" but European men on generally are definitely dressed better. They wear clothes which actually fit.

North American men on the other hand, are mostly in their eternal drab colors and clothes at least 2 sizes too big.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:54 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,881,321 times
Quote:
All round the world, from Asia to Europe to South America, men wear short swimming suits. It seems only in US and Canada, men have to wear their ridiculously long and baggy shorts in the pool. from a practical point of view, aren't they heavy once in the water?

What are they afraid of? On the other hand, women can wear next to nothing but it seems totally fine. Why are men so conservative? Is it because most men are fat and therefore this tradition?
I live in Europe and NOBODY wears speedos. It is not cool to wear speedos. It is usually associated with Gay people. That is why we wear long shorts.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:29 AM

581 posts, read 969,691 times
Quote:
Not so much as "turned out better" but European men on generally are definitely dressed better. They wear clothes which actually fit.

North American men on the other hand, are mostly in their eternal drab colors and clothes at least 2 sizes too big.
Continental European men where clothes that look to tight to function properly and would be incredibly uncomfortable in much of North America's summer climate.

Brighter colors are often seen as obnoxious. Plaids, white, and earthy colors are more acceptable and I see no problem with that.

Overall I think style is much more important to Europeans than Americans, and Americans tend to dress more conservatively and less formally. Even though skintight clothing is very common for women these days, in my experience American women are much more inclined to wear dresses or shirts that don't reveal much at all.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:34 AM

3,980 posts, read 8,989,754 times
Lol---this thread is freakin' hilarious. I know that for some weird reason, when I've gone to the campsites in France, they have the stupid rule that men cannot go into the pools UNLESS they're wearing those Speedos.

Needless to say my husband and sons haven't been in a pool in France. I think it's an embarrassment thing--who want people to see your shrunken "package" after after coming out of a cold pool? I can't say that even I'd want to see it!

Old 08-19-2012, 11:02 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Lol, do people really believe that everyone in North America dresses the same?
Apparently I wear baggy clothes now? and people really think no Europeans wear baggy clothes either? Interesting world.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:05 AM

1,119 posts, read 1,371,306 times
because some do not look good on a speedo

And for that, I thank men who know how they look and prefer not to wear revealing swimwear.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:28 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,881,321 times
Is there a big difference between American and Canadian styles? When I went to America everyone was into their looks you know they worked out and wore loads of make up. But when I went upto Canada we went to a wedding and the people there were just waring normal clothes. They didn't seem to care and we were the only ones who bothered to dress up.??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World