Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 09:19 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,507,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Colonial Girl View Post
Oh, not penis, then? Because its penises we don't find attractive.
Lol do speedos exposes a mans penis?

Old 08-24-2012, 09:35 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Colonial Girl View Post
Oh, not penis, then? Because its penises we don't find attractive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
So you are a lesbian?
Dunno, you beat me to the punch. WCG, what is your objection to peen?

I think everyone, male and female, are far more body conscious in the US than in Europe. I lived and traveled in Europe more than most Americans, and suffice it to say it is ok to not have a perfect body and still be allowed to show some skin while on holiday. How freakish for someone to wear a knee-length swim skirt when swimming around in a proper swim trunk is so much more enjoyable (from what I've heard - as a woman, I would never consider wearing gauchos to take a swim).

The Americans can be spotted from a distance all over the mediterannean beaches - the guys have those knee-length board shorts on (oddly, they have nothing resembling a board in tow) and more often than not they are trotting along the beach wearing their white tennis shoes. The locals have flip flops or slides on, and a proper swim trunk. And they run the gamut - I saw plenty of Adonises, but I also saw a very old man, easily over 80, hunched over and withered, wearing a speedo and sporting bilaterally enlarged testes that looked like he was smuggling a bowling ball. No one batted an eye, the guy had a nice dip in the Adriatic, what's the harm? When in Rome, that is all.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:51 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,338,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
All round the world, from Asia to Europe to South America, men wear short swimming suits. It seems only in US and Canada, men have to wear their ridiculously long and baggy shorts in the pool. from a practical point of view, aren't they heavy once in the water?

What are they afraid of? On the other hand, women can wear next to nothing but it seems totally fine. Why are men so conservative? Is it because most men are fat and therefore this tradition?
No, they're not.

I don't see what the big problem is, why criticize someone for wearing what they want (or don't want) to wear?

Old 08-24-2012, 10:00 PM

192 posts, read 438,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Lol do speedos exposes a mans penis?

Umm....they have!

T.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
The Americans can be spotted from a distance all over the mediterannean beaches - the guys have those knee-length board shorts on (oddly, they have nothing resembling a board in tow) and more often than not they are trotting along the beach wearing their white tennis shoes. The locals have flip flops or slides on, and a proper swim trunk. And they run the gamut - I saw plenty of Adonises, but I also saw a very old man, easily over 80, hunched over and withered, wearing a speedo and sporting bilaterally enlarged testes that looked like he was smuggling a bowling ball. No one batted an eye, the guy had a nice dip in the Adriatic, what's the harm? When in Rome, that is all.
Lol so everyone in Europe wearing long board shorts is American? Interesting.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:33 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
I suppose they were not interested in being dragged down by so many yards of wet cloth.
Get a clue, people! The boardies aren't made from the same type of cotton cloth as regular shorts. They're part nylon to dry quickly and be lightweight. There's a shorter version for women.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:36 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Lol so everyone in Europe wearing long board shorts is American? Interesting.
Do you have reading comprehension issues? Where do you read that in my post? Take your time, re-read, see your folly...

Old 08-25-2012, 05:32 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,076,059 times
Quote:
Do you have reading comprehension issues? Where do you read that in my post? Take your time, re-read, see your folly...
A lot of the European tourists you see downunder seem to wear the boardshorts, though. Maybe it's to fit in?

Old 08-25-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Do you have reading comprehension issues?
Lol

My point is that plenty of European men wear long swimming trunks aswell, and i dont know why anyone would wear tennis shoes to a beach

Old 08-25-2012, 06:42 PM

784 posts, read 1,982,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
No, they're not.

I don't see what the big problem is, why criticize someone for wearing what they want (or don't want) to wear?

I agree with you, but unfortunately, many feel the need to criticize a man who chooses to wear shorter shorts, to include swimming shorts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World