Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2012, 01:17 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,990,019 times

Advertisements

Because we come off as know it alls. Are way is always the right way. It's very hypocritical when looking at our own past history. We always got to stick our nose in, even when its not wanted. The war mongering Bush and his Iraq war didn't help us any in the popularity polls.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:18 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,037,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drknoble View Post
I hope you don't say I'm ignorant or arrogant for explaining, but...you asked:

America has the world's largest economy, world's strongest military, world's most influential politics, our currency is the world's reserve currency, we have world's best universities, world's best technology with the world's best tech companies: Apple, Google, Microsoft, Amazon, etc. We have the world's most influential culture with world's most successful entertainment industry. We've even gone to the moon and landed something the size of a car on mars. We're leading in all of these areas and more, and I consider that to be the reason the US is the most successful with the most dominant culture.
What makes you think you have the 'worlds best universities'? What makes you think you have the 'worlds best technology'? What makes you think that you have the 'worlds most influential culture'? Next you will be telling me that America gave the world 'cars, television, telephones the computer etc'!!!!!!

Old 12-31-2012, 05:28 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,872,840 times

This thread reeks of butthurt from all sides.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:26 AM

61,753 posts, read 87,217,162 times
Aren't we done yet?? I think all those questions got pondered and answered in every possible way.
Please stay on topic.

Last edited by elnina; 12-31-2012 at 07:25 AM..

Old 12-31-2012, 06:52 AM

1,482 posts, read 2,385,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
What makes you think you have the 'worlds best universities'? What makes you think you have the 'worlds best technology'? What makes you think that you have the 'worlds most influential culture'? Next you will be telling me that America gave the world 'cars, television, telephones the computer etc'!!!!!!

Absolutely, many nations have great universities. France, the UK, Germany Spain has the oldest in Europe, IN Asia Tokyo University has been at the top for decades. What has made American universities so popular in the past was the equipment they could afford, especially right after WWII when other nations had been totally destroyed. Today many of the ideas "drknoble" are out-dated and belong to the past. It isn't that other nations hate us and certainly not as individuals) it's that we say a lot of stupid things that many feel are childish and naive. It's more like exasperation than hate.

That said the US is near the top in technical fields, we dominate in "popular" culture and of course one thing keeps the country afloat economically and that is we are capable of making a business out of just about anything. As is often said "The business of America is business." But we need to stay on our toes, the Chinese are no slackers when it comes to business. As far as the military goes this could be our Achillies' heel in the future.We spend more on the military than on anything else and much more than any other country. We are NOT the BFST country in the world such an animal does not exist except in the demented minds of the ultra-nationalists.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:47 AM

3,678 posts, read 7,219,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Dont even make me get links that shows that you the truth. No America did not invent cars television and the computer. We did help make them though with help from countries like russia. We actualy did invent the telephone from again next YOU will be telling me is that im ifnorant since you have nothing eles to say

Old 12-31-2012, 08:49 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,180,454 times
Quote:
They don't really hate America, rather they resent America because we're the most successful country and we dominate world culture. Other countries cover our Presidential Election because we're the focus of the world, while we hardly cover their leader elections.
yep, buy not just culture...we also have (on paper) a lot of military power too.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
What makes you think you have the 'worlds best universities'?
...they certainly seem to be popular with foreign students. I guess the same could be said of Oxford, Cambridge and the Sorbonne....

Old 12-31-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
No America did not invent cars television and the computer.
The Germans invented the internal combustion engine, and put it on wheel...voila...Das Auto!

Old 12-31-2012, 08:54 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
wonderful books have been written on this subject.
ethnocentric behavior and bad manners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World