Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2012, 08:10 PM

557 posts, read 673,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Lol good example from this guy to why a lot of people dislike America. Blatant ignorance.
What did I say that was incorrect or ignorant? America isn't without its share of problems, but we are currently the world's most successful country, we dominate world culture, and are at the center of world attention. Some people just despise you when you're at the top and want to see your downfall.

If stating what is true = ignorant, then I'm guilty.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:11 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,512,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drknoble View Post
What did I say that was incorrect or ignorant? America isn't without its share of problems, but we are currently the world's most successful country, we dominate world culture, and are at the center of world attention. Some people just despise you when you're at the top and want to see your downfall.

If stating what is true = ignorant, then I'm guilty.
You should explain.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:13 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,851,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
Blatant arrogance you mean.
No ignorance that he doesn't know other countries are successful and have giving a lot to the world. But yeah, arrogance also

Listen to him if you as Americans want to be seen as being as arrogant and ignorant as that, well then that's your prerogative.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
No ignorance that he doesn't know other countries are successful and have giving a lot to the world. But yeah, arrogance also

Listen to him if you as Americans want to be seen as being as arrogant and ignorant as that, well then that's your prerogative.
No one said other countries aren't successful, America is just the most successful currently

Old 12-30-2012, 08:37 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,245,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drknoble View Post
No one said other countries aren't successful, America is just the most successful currently
In what way? Certainly not when it comes to homicides, drug abuse, incarcerations, teen pregnancies, divorce, gun violence, income per capita, primary and secondary education, health care, corruption, quality of living, obesity, satisfaction with life, etc. as statistics point out. What's left? The US is the most successful when it comes to military power and total GDP, woohoo

The US is successful but nowhere near the most successful country out there in many respects. Read up on some international comparative data if you don't believe me.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
You should explain.
I hope you don't say I'm ignorant or arrogant for explaining, but...you asked:

America has the world's largest economy, world's strongest military, world's most influential politics, our currency is the world's reserve currency, we have world's best universities, world's best technology with the world's best tech companies: Apple, Google, Microsoft, Amazon, etc. We have the world's most influential culture with world's most successful entertainment industry. We've even gone to the moon and landed something the size of a car on mars. We're leading in all of these areas and more, and I consider that to be the reason the US is the most successful with the most dominant culture.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:40 PM

you are ignorant for explaining.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
In what way? Certainly not when it comes to homicides, drug abuse, incarcerations, teen pregnancies, divorce, gun violence, income per capita, primary and secondary education, health care, corruption, quality of living, obesity, satisfaction with life, etc. as statistics point out. What's left? The US is the most successful when it comes to military power and total GDP, woohoo
Lots of what you pointed out aren't major problems, rather things that the US needs to improve upon. And you can find stuff like that with just about any country because no country is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
The US is successful but nowhere near the most successful country out there in many respects. Read up on some international comparative data if you don't believe me.
So which country is the most successful?

Old 12-30-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
you are ignorant for explaining.
typical

Old 12-30-2012, 10:12 PM

NASA is awesome though, i know people are jealous of NASA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World