Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2014, 06:30 PM

1,608 posts, read 1,485,216 times

Advertisements

The mods won't let me rep you any more for a while, Gentoo. (Must be an American failing, eh?) ROFL!

Old 11-08-2014, 06:31 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrie View Post
Thank you, Gentoo! D'you know that in all the years I've been witness to this complaint, no one has ever explained the thinking behind it to me before? Your paragraph makes sense out of a lot of other things for me too. I can't thank you enough!

Blessings,

Mahrie.
You're most welcome.

Old 11-08-2014, 06:33 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times
The United States is too big, with vastly different cultures and peoples to be one country. Some parts of the country drag others down e.g. The rural South.

Old 11-08-2014, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
America is a collection of countries together United, I have seen enough of it to realise that. It is pretty much impossible to say that, that country has one culture.
This is the best post I have seen from you and I agree.

Old 11-08-2014, 06:36 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,206,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
I think the USA should break up, seriously..
No.. But we should follow them and get states.

Old 11-08-2014, 06:37 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
The United States is too big, with vastly different cultures and peoples to be one country. Some parts of the country drag others down e.g. The rural South.
No its not, we've been a country ever since 1776.

The only way the rural south is dragging us down is by statistics and rankings.. telling a region to leave because they are dragging us down would not fly well with most here. sorry but we are going to be "United" for a long long time.

Old 11-08-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
Ugh. yes we know about NYC, Florida etc but you need to learn to be modest. I really cannot stand arrogant people, theres no need for it, you aren't better than me. I can't understand patroism, you can't choose who you are or where you are born so to me its daft to be all upity about where your from.. I find the American patroism quite funny because they seem to forget that they have problems of their own... I have personally seen dumpy areas of that country that would not be looked at in third world countries... The UK has a much better government, we are taken care of in terms of money and healthcare.. The government there is alright but has many issues to level out such as drugs etc.

Clearly America is no better than any other country, if it was it wouldn't have any problems. Honestly if you seen yourself right now you would be so embaressed. Everyone around the world is laughing at the gullible Americans thinking their better than everyone else.
Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this but you make great points here.

Let's look at American mentality for a second; congress has an 11% approval rating but just had a 96% re-election rate

Old 11-08-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Highest incarceration rate in the world.
Highest poverty rate of any "developed" country, as if it should even be called "developed"
Highest usage of petroleum in the world and therefore greenhouse gas emissions
Highest rate of landfill waste in the world.
One of the ****tiest education systems of any "developed" country
Has one of the ****tiest most unstable government
Lack of public transport
Some of the world's longest traffic congestions
Everyone is a fat ****
One of the highest if not the highest crime rate of any "developed" country
Huge gaps between the rich and the poor
No free healthcare, so you have to spend 25% of your income on it
They call football "soccer"
Death penalty still allowed
There are 8 guns for every 10 people, explains all the ******* murders
The Land created by immigrants, yet it hates immigrants
The government spending all the money on the army, they probably need it to stop itself getting bombed because it's such a **** country.
Most of the people are dyslexic imbeciles
Calls itself the "richest" country, though yes it is, but most of the wealth is owned by a handful of people, leaving 20% of the population to live below the poverty line.
All the sugar, fat and additives they put in their food.
Little financial support for the poor
Lots of racism and financial segregation
Few jobs, few opportunities
Most of the people in the South are homophobic Christians that just want to suck Jesus's dick all day
There
Are you still proud of America?
ps i got this from yahoo answers
Soccer (the word) is actually of British origin.

Old 11-08-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
I think the USA should break up, seriously..
I'll entertain this idea. What are your reasons for this opinion?

Old 11-08-2014, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrie View Post
The mods won't let me rep you any more for a while, Gentoo. (Must be an American failing, eh?) ROFL!
LOL haha

(For those who I know won't understand, I am laughing at the humor used. It's ok to still do that right?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World