Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 10:46 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,426,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
When something is about race, it is about race. Black on black murder is a massive problem in US. Until people are willing to say that and address it, it will continue. Blaming racism or bad cops deflects the attention away from the big problem. Unlike BLM, I would love for this issue to be front and center so that things can improve.

Call me the antiriacist.
I will call you out on this, sorry! However, your point is irrelevant. Crime is not linked to race, rather linked to social status. It is more likely to happen in a very poor area than a wealthy one. We all know that overall, Blacks and other minority groups are on a lower social status in comparison to the dominant White majority in America. As an American, you should know why it is so?
Thus crime rate, gang life is much more likely to be higher in those poor predominantly Black neighborhood than predominantly White one which are usually wealthier. The so-called "Black on Black" murder are linked to that, since most poor people are Black there anyway. Nevertheless in middle-class predominantly Black neighborhood the crime rate is just as low or sometimes even lower than in White neighborhoods.
Shooting innocent Black people by the police is not right!! Stereotypes about Black people, the history of segregation, slavery are linked to those false perceptions. Using an excuse such as the Black on Black murders is complete nonsense to justify. This is coming from a White person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2016, 10:52 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,426,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
You are the 'igonrant' one my 'friend', you continually prove so by posting rubbish after rubbish, see how everyone that ACTUALLY IS BRITISH disagrees with everything you say about Briton, yet we are supposed to believe you (who lives the other side of the world) over a local eh!!? I know EXACTLY where Britain is, I know EXACTLY what its like to live in 21st Century Britain and for your information I know Stamford Bridge INTIMATLEY, if you want a serious conversation about race relations in Britain, or a serious conversation about Londons extremely diverse population (or the other places in the UK with a very high diversity), or if you want to talk about football then I suggest you stop pretending to know things you so obviously don't know first. Tell me what do YOU think are the main differences for a black spectator between going to a Serie A game and going to the Emirates would be? I know damn sure I could tell you, but as you're the 'expert' perhaps you could 'grace us' with your knowledge first?
Chelsea fans love the Black people of Paris so much to stop them from even entering the train. They are hooligans , something you're familiar with.
https://www.theguardian.com/football...is-metro-video

Old 09-11-2016, 11:26 AM

1,267 posts, read 1,247,189 times
Again, Saxonwold, that one incident was a caused by a small number of mindless bigots and does not reflect the general attitude towards black people in neither London nor the UK as a whole. Try again.

Old 09-11-2016, 11:44 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,333,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by intheclouds1 View Post
YCrime has nothing to do with your race but it has EVERYTHING to do with your environment and how you are raised (single mother vs. mother and father present)."
Crime (at least violent crime) is EXTREMELY correlated with race. All of the high homicide-rate concentrations in the U.S. are in black neighborhoods. Every single one.

Has very little to do with economics or environment. Many of the poorest, most backward parts of the U.S. have below-average crime rates, but they are poor white or Hispanic areas, with tons of social ills. Eastern KY is very poor, backward, drug-addicted, etc. but little violent crime.

Old 09-11-2016, 11:56 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,463,557 times
Eastern KY has some high violent crime spots, though not as high as similar income black inner-city neighborhoods. Poorer black neighborhoods have much more violent crime than middle-class ones; its a stretch yo say the economic correlation is small

Old 09-11-2016, 12:05 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,893,856 times
Economics is a significant contributing factor and so is the concentration of poverty(huge number of people densely packed with no prospects of employment) and the proliferation of guns.

Just place a bunch of rats in a cage with limited space and resources and they'll turn on each other. Humans are animals.

Old 09-11-2016, 11:55 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,049,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hailinazzuri View Post

What I found in NYC is that most of the interracial relationships were white men with women of other races or minorities mixing it up with each other. For the most part, it was rare to see a white woman (especially if she was attractive) with a guy of a minority group. When you did see such a couple, it was usually transplants or tourists.

In Latin America (e.g. Mexico), it seems to be even more so.

Old 09-12-2016, 05:25 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,019,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbobcat View Post
Again, Saxonwold, that one incident was a caused by a small number of mindless bigots and does not reflect the general attitude towards black people in neither London nor the UK as a whole. Try again.
We can see where Saxonwold gets his (facts) about life in the UK from! Must be the Daily Mail or Fox News!

Old 09-12-2016, 05:29 AM

2,631 posts, read 2,049,955 times
The poorest counties in America don't even appear among the those with the highest homicide per capita rates. OTH, every single one of the top 25 in homicide per capita are predominantly black. The first step to fixing a problem is to acknowledge that one exists.

Old 09-13-2016, 04:04 AM

820 posts, read 953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
This happens in the 21st century! In 2015, a group of Chelsea fans actually stopped a Black man from getting in the subway, because he had a dark skin color. Additionally they were singing " We are racists". So don't generalize like that, in America, Black people fought very hard for their rights to be acknowledge by White people, you know from the Civil Rights movements and so on, and still are. Now imagine countries where such things like that never came to light. What you might think is " excessively racist" in America might not be in some European countries.
Yes, I was sitting close to them when they were singing "we are racist"...it was in Line 9 in Paris. I was going home...
I was shocked. The UK is becoming more and more racist. It was not 5/10 years ago...
Racial agressions happen on a daily basis now in the UK with the surge of recent immigration. And now Brexit...

Black lives matter everywhere in the UK and London
Polish killed by Brits for being Polish
British children beating "Pakis" arguing they are not white
60% surge in racist attacks since Brexit
Sima Kotecha was left in shock after being called a 'P***' in Basingstoke
Two Polish men were beaten to a pulp in Upton Park, east London
Polish community centre was vandalised in a suspected racist attack
Immigrants delivered cards reading, 'Leave the EU - no more Polish vermin'
Two men were arrested in Birmingham after a protest outside a mosque
Muslim Council of Britain has had 100 'hate crime' reports since EU vote

Racism After Brexit Is 'Celebratory' And 'Englishness' Is Becoming Exclusively White And Christian, Says Expert | Huffington Post

Racism unleashed: True extent of the 'explosion of blatant hate' that followed Brexit result revealed | The Independent

Post-Brexit, race inequality rises in the UK | News | DW.COM | 03.09.2016

Polish girl who complained of classroom racism found dead at school in Cornwall | The Independent

Polish ambassador says his staff have dealt with

'No More Polish Vermin' cards posted through letterboxes and 'Go Home' graffiti among 'Brexit racism' incidents reported - Mirror Online

The killing of a Polish man exposes the reality of post-referendum racism http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...e_iOSApp_Other

After a campaign scarred by bigotry, it’s become OK to be racist in Britain http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...e_iOSApp_Other

All those things will never happen in other developed countries.

Last edited by amaroW; 09-13-2016 at 04:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World