Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 06:59 PM

10,109 posts, read 14,980,095 times

Advertisements

All of Africa except Egypt (Cairo really, I only care about the Sphinx and the pyramids; lol), South Africa (more like the Cape, but yeah), and Namibia (Windoek, looks so nice in photos and videos).

All of Eastern Europe except Poland. Its not that I want to go to Poland, but rather that its quite possible one day I might say 'what the hell' and buy a ticket to Warsaw. I've been known to do spur of the moment decisions like that.

Any of those Asian countries that end with -stan (Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Pakistan, etc).

North Korea (at least while its under a dictatorship).

Any country suffering a war of some sort. While I want to have to die for experiences while abroad, I don't actually want to die... you know. lol

That's pretty much it as far as definite no go areas for me. Everywhere else I could visit if the opportunity arises (or I get one of those 'what the hell' moments, lol).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 07:41 PM

10,646 posts, read 16,038,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
All of Africa except Egypt (Cairo really, I only care about the Sphinx and the pyramids; lol), South Africa (more like the Cape, but yeah), and Namibia (Windoek, looks so nice in photos and videos).

All of Eastern Europe except Poland. Its not that I want to go to Poland, but rather that its quite possible one day I might say 'what the hell' and buy a ticket to Warsaw. I've been known to do spur of the moment decisions like that.

Any of those Asian countries that end with -stan (Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Pakistan, etc).

North Korea (at least while its under a dictatorship).

Any country suffering a war of some sort. While I want to have to die for experiences while abroad, I don't actually want to die... you know. lol

That's pretty much it as far as definite no go areas for me. Everywhere else I could visit if the opportunity arises (or I get one of those 'what the hell' moments, lol).
So you would visit Saudi Arabia?

Old 01-17-2017, 07:50 PM

10,754 posts, read 23,832,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsereed View Post
The Politics & OC subforum
Word! I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:28 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,963,772 times
Besides the obvious (Saudi Arabia and Iran).....

I have no interest in Thailand, New York City, Melbourne, Brisbane, Russia, London, Fiji, China and Indonesia.

North Korea would be an interesting place to visit, IMO (as scary as it is). I hear that tourists are protected. But I don't know.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:55 PM

10,646 posts, read 16,038,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
I have no interest in Thailand and New York City.
Why not?

Old 01-17-2017, 09:06 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,015,655 times
India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Philippines, Eritrea, Bangladesh, Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Venezuela, Ecuador, Kosovo, Serbia, Macedonia, Lebanon, Palestine, Honduras, Mexico, Panama, all the unsafe/dangerous Carribean islands, and all the other third world countries.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:40 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,810,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
Besides the obvious (Saudi Arabia and Iran).....

I have no interest in Thailand, New York City, Melbourne, Brisbane, Russia, London, Fiji, China and Indonesia.

North Korea would be an interesting place to visit, IMO (as scary as it is). I hear that tourists are protected. But I don't know.
Actually Iran is supposed to be a fascinating place, but I would not visit as long as the current government is in power. I would never visit a place in a state of war(Syria for example) There are some places in Africa I would like to see, but I would probably only visit safer African nations like Kenya, Tanzania or South Africa. Some places I would not visit because they just do not seem interesting. Korea is one of those places I just don't care if I ever see. If I go to the trouble to visit Asia it's going to be a more interesting place like china, Japan or Thailand.

Old 01-18-2017, 02:04 AM

985 posts, read 1,854,588 times
Actually, there are no countries I would never want to visit. There are some where I am unsure whether I would like it there, but that would not stop me getting there.
I am quite shocked about people not wanting to go to some countries because of religion.

Old 01-18-2017, 06:40 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,963,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Why not?
Maybe NYC was a stretch, but Thailand never allured me. I guess I'm not into tropical places, loud nightlife and all that. Brazil (Rio) is another one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Actually Iran is supposed to be a fascinating place, but I would not visit as long as the current government is in power. I would never visit a place in a state of war(Syria for example) There are some places in Africa I would like to see, but I would probably only visit safer African nations like Kenya, Tanzania or South Africa. Some places I would not visit because they just do not seem interesting. Korea is one of those places I just don't care if I ever see. If I go to the trouble to visit Asia it's going to be a more interesting place like china, Japan or Thailand.
Yes, Iran is not bad of a country itself, but its Islamic government is what poisons it. Iraq is also a nice country and has natural beauty to the north (also historical beauty). But it's corrupted by war and terrorism. However though, Kurdistan's Duhok is relatively safe (arguably more safer than many African and Latin American cities).

Old 01-18-2017, 10:10 AM

881 posts, read 924,057 times
war and terrorism inside Iran? nope. Iranian government is involved in wars abroad, but the same can be said about USA or Europe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World