Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which country do you think is the most technologically advanced?
Japan 141 46.38%
China 6 1.97%
South Korea 12 3.95%
Singapore 5 1.64%
Finland 5 1.64%
Germany 6 1.97%
France 4 1.32%
United Kingdom 8 2.63%
United States 99 32.57%
Australia 1 0.33%
Italy 0 0%
Switzerland 2 0.66%
Russia 3 0.99%
Other (specify) 12 3.95%
Voters: 304. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 12:43 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,634,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
^ yes it is offtopic but youre the one who took this offtopic with your first post attempting to "correct half truths" which you failed at since they are facts. So dont quote what im saying when you were the one to take this offtopic. So you have failed again. Give it up and stop stalking me.

Quote:
Yes you should stay out of japan. Westerners cause alot of problems and crime in japan anyways.
Especially with their arrogant "i am superior" attitude.

So, not only am I "arrogant", but I'm a "criminal" and a "problem maker"?

Nice to know that.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:44 PM

895 posts, read 2,366,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
So, not only am I "arrogant", but I'm a "criminal" and a "problem maker"?

Nice to know that.
Add a stalker who attempted to correct "half truths" which are facts and failed. You took this thread way offtopic by attempting to seem smart by correcting facts. Stop stalking and trying to argue with me in everysingle thread. You lose everysingle time.

Old 06-01-2009, 04:25 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,362,151 times
Quote:
^ ugh you sound identical to the people on stormfront.org. I wouldnt be suprised if you're also a member there considering i saw you put down asian women saying western ones are more beautiful (i wonder how your wife appreciates that). It's the same old argument of the white supremists and western-centrics. The west innovates (sorry but japan is ranked #1 in this), asia stagnates. All we can do is copy and make it better. Still doesnt explain why we are leading in genetics and biology and making discoveries ourselves, doesn't explan why we are completely leading in robotics, physics etc i don't need to repeat myself. And japan invented the fastest CPU and Shunpei Yamazaki is the #1 patent holder in the US and about half of his inventions are with CPU and processors.
Let me straighten the record here - YOU seem VERY Japan centric and claiming it to the best country in the world. Looking at your very own posts in other threads confirms this. Racism and prejudice are a paradox in that they are colorless and boundary-less. And you only keep spewing that one example of a really smart Japanese man who was always smart and thus was EXPECTED to make such discoveries.

And HOW are you "completely leading" in physics, robots, computers, etc.? You only have TWO examples of the Japanese leading in physics, the rest are WESTERN! I'm only giving the data.

All Nobel Laureates in Physics
All Nobel Laureates in Chemistry
All Nobel Laureates in Medicine

Thus by going off the data one could conclude that Asia has lagged behind, BUT I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT SAYS ANYTHING ABOUT THE GENETICS OR THE POTENTIAL FOR BRILLIANCE!

And NO I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT THE WEST IS THE ONLY PLACE WHERE THERE CAN BE TRUE INNOVATION! YOU MADE THAT ASSUMPTION! STOP BEING RACIST!

And don't you dare prod into my personal life or you WILL get banned.

Quote:
My parents did and after 6 years they had to spend tons of money each year to fix a new problem. Sorry but japanese cars are the most reliable not BMW or Mercedes. Lexus is much better than a BMW or Mercedes and has more features. You can read any study actually and BMW and Mercedes are not considered reliable at all. Even american cars (2007+) are better. And unless you show me a study or a link where it says japanese automakers are not the most innovative than i have absolutely no reason to believe a western-centrist. Every study i have read says otherwise. Japan already had tiny little cars that can have 100 + mpg years ago.

There's no way you can say anything when your country has the highest high school drop out rate in the developed world and your students score horribly internationally. Only thing the US has is the ability to spend billions on military technology and hire foreign professors and give billions to universities.

This is the same as the "new york is the capital of the world" people. You guys can't accept anything being better than you.
Oh boy ... where to start with this one...

1) I never did claim the USA is the sole proprietor in knowledge industry. I in fact voted Japan as the most technologically advanced because of two reasons - they adopt tech more quickly, and the electronics and automotive industry is strong there.

2) Did you miss me mentioning how Japan has innovated? Again, I never did say that the USA was the only place for innovation.

3) Japan's kids and teens have the highest suicide rate of any industrialized country and are driven into the ground to succeed. Sorry, but I'd prefer a free society that lets them CHOOSE to succeed or fail.

4) Japan has amazing stuff, don't get me wrong, but when American kids fail so miserably in international measures, I can't help but laugh when I know that the USA is still regarded as highly innovative. Of course it needs to be fixed, but we're still doing pretty good.

5) You show me the data on how the Japanese cars are the most innovative in the world. Don't go spewing out filth just because YOU are Japan-centric and racist against Westerners!

6) You said it yourself, by the USA spending so much money on military a lot of scientific advances have been made. Can't say that I agree with the approach, but hey, it helps keep my job running , so I won't argue too much.

7) You're the one starting off on this tangent, responding to my posts. You're just as annoying as the NYC people with their big heads, and the Texas guys saying "OH YEAH TEXAS OOH RAH!"

I have nothing more to say against a racist and Japanophile. Good bye.

Old 06-01-2009, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
Let me straighten the record here - YOU seem VERY Japan centric and claiming it to the best country in the world. Looking at your very own posts in other threads confirms this. Racism and prejudice are a paradox in that they are colorless and boundary-less. And you only keep spewing that one example of a really smart Japanese man who was always smart and thus was EXPECTED to make such discoveries.
I dont think japan is the best country in the world, i presented facts and articles showing japan is ranked #1 in innovation and you disregard it because how dare japan beat the USA? I kept using him as an example to show how US Patents are often times made by foreigners not americans. Not that he invented more but to show that just because its a US patent doesnt make it american.

Quote:
And HOW are you "completely leading" in physics, robots, computers, etc.? You only have TWO examples of the Japanese leading in physics, the rest are WESTERN! I'm only giving the data.

All Nobel Laureates in Physics
All Nobel Laureates in Chemistry
All Nobel Laureates in Medicine
Only point you have is in physics. But everypoint i made is in this decade not over history. We are talking about 2009 not 1950. The topic is not "what is the most technologically advanced country in history". What does chemistry have to do with robotics and processors?

Quote:
Thus by going off the data one could conclude that Asia has lagged behind, BUT I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT SAYS ANYTHING ABOUT THE GENETICS OR THE POTENTIAL FOR BRILLIANCE!

And NO I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT THE WEST IS THE ONLY PLACE WHERE THERE CAN BE TRUE INNOVATION! YOU MADE THAT ASSUMPTION! STOP BEING RACIST!
You said it over and over again that japan and asia just steal technology and make it better. Same argument as the white supremacists on stormfront. Japan has not lagged behind. We are an island nation with less than half the population of the US yet we invented around 3.5 times more per capita than the US. And we dont hire foreign scientists to do it.

Quote:
And don't you dare prod into my personal life or you WILL get banned.
Why would i care if i get banned? This is the most western-centric site ever. Even the "world" forum is plagued by New Yorkers and americans talking about how their country is the best.

Quote:

2) Did you miss me mentioning how Japan has innovated? Again, I never did say that the USA was the only place for innovation.
Than what are you arguing, accept the articles and facts. Japanese companies and japan has more patents per capita than the USA. Nothing to argue.

Quote:
3) Japan's kids and teens have the highest suicide rate of any industrialized country and are driven into the ground to succeed. Sorry, but I'd prefer a free society that lets them CHOOSE to succeed or fail.
That title goes to South Korea and japan has had a suicide culture for a thousand years.
Suicide an all-too-common way out - The Globe and Mail

Quote:
4) Japan has amazing stuff, don't get me wrong, but when American kids fail so miserably in international measures, I can't help but laugh when I know that the USA is still regarded as highly innovative. Of course it needs to be fixed, but we're still doing pretty good.
Foreign scientists and professors paid by the american government are doing well you mean..

Quote:
) You show me the data on how the Japanese cars are the most innovative in the world. Don't go spewing out filth just because YOU are Japan-centric and racist against Westerners!
Why would i need to? Youre making the claim when every study shows Toyota is the most innovative. If you make a claim that goes against the status quo than support it.

Quote:
7) You're the one starting off on this tangent, responding to my posts. You're just as annoying as the NYC people with their big heads, and the Texas guys saying "OH YEAH TEXAS OOH RAH!"
You responded to me with "i agree to a point" when there is no reason to because it is a fact that japan invents more per capita than the US.

Quote:
I have nothing more to say against a racist and Japanophile. Good bye.
Says the person who talks bad about asian women and talks about how beautiful white women are compared to asians. And what is japanophile? I am japanese. I used to love the US and have an american flag in my room but not any more. I even got accepted to work in epcot in orlando and passed both my 2 interviews but after seeing the intolerance and ignorance of americans (and to think i used to defend the USA) i decided theres no way i can ever live amongst americans who will just tell me how they invented everything on earth and no one else can compare to them.

I've been on this forum for 3 years, i first came here to talk about the US and how much i loved it but after seeing how americans always put down other countries and have this attitude like "no competition" or "hands down" when talking about the US started to turn me against the US. And now I agree i am anti-american. The political forums are the worse seems like every american there hates minorities and gays or something (isn't the US built on "minorities" and different people?).

You yourself voted for japan so than what are you arguing?

By the way more than 50% of americans believe evolution is a lie and that the world was created in a day and for some reason you arguing something? I dont even know what you are arguing. Yes the US government has billions to spend (well japan and china own all of your debt so i guess i should say borrowing) on its military technology and foreign professors but so what? Those patents will be "american" but often times they are made by non americans.

Last edited by Bibi12; 06-01-2009 at 04:54 PM..

Old 06-01-2009, 05:24 PM

237 posts, read 870,948 times
Quote:
By the way more than 50% of americans believe evolution is a lie and that the world was created in a day and for some reason you arguing something? I dont even know what you are arguing. Yes the US government has billions to spend (well japan and china own all of your debt so i guess i should say borrowing) on its military technology and foreign professors but so what? Those patents will be "american" but often times they are made by non americans.

evolution is a lie (the holes in the theory are endless). and someone can't be a Christian (80 % of Americans are Christian) and not believe what the bible says about creation when science has NO REAL EVIDENCE to explain creation, counter what the bible says.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmike View Post
evolution is a lie (the holes in the theory are endless). and someone can't be a Christian (80 % of Americans are Christian) and not believe what the bible says about creation when science has NO REAL EVIDENCE to explain creation, counter what the bible says.
Lol...many things i could say but lets just keep it in the religion forum. I'll just say that if you dont believe in evolution how do you explain every year the flu strain mutates and evolves into something else? The pig flue is evidence of that alone.. or the fossils found...we can even see bacteria evolve..anyway..i said the same thing in the religious forum.

And yeah I'm aware most of the US thinks evolution is a lie. But doesn't that kind of reinforce my point...?

Old 06-01-2009, 05:59 PM

237 posts, read 870,948 times
Quote:
Lol...many things i could say but lets just keep it in the religion forum. I'll just say that if you dont believe in evolution how do you explain every year the flu strain mutates and evolves into something else? The pig flue is evidence of that alone.. or the fossils found...we can even see bacteria evolve..anyway..i said the same thing in the religious forum.
not sure but it's not because more information is being added to its genome.
harmful mutations do happen though, they don't lead to macro changes.
i think evolve should be replaced with the word adapt.
the fossil argument ? lol

Old 06-01-2009, 06:11 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,362,151 times
Quote:
* sigh *

Screw it. Nihonkitty, you're right, Japan is the world's leader in everything and t hey will be the world dominant power in the next 1000 years and we will all either be subjected to mindless chores or will be slaves to the Master Asian Race.

-_-

Old 06-01-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
* sigh *

Screw it. Nihonkitty, you're right, Japan is the world's leader in everything and t hey will be the world dominant power in the next 1000 years and we will all either be subjected to mindless chores or will be slaves to the Master Asian Race.

-_-
Why are you sighing? You also dont believe in science (evolution)?

And there is no master race. Japan is not the world leader in anything except robotics,electronics,genetics etc what i said. I already said the US military has the biggest impact factor then any other country on the planet , they recruit the top scientist from every country in the world(military technology is always the most important, and the worlds super power no matter what time period in history always had the largest impact factor). But i am talking about everyday life, im talking about an island nation inventing more per capita than the worlds super power. No one will compare to the US until China passes the US (or whoever does india the EU whatever). My argument is about per capita, what japan has offered the world despite our small budget and being an isolated island nation that doesnt hire foreign scientists.

World dominant power? The island of the rising sun already had it's time in the sun and our prime is already over. The US prime will last for a bit longer but you guys keep digging yourself in a bigger and bigger hole while other countries are catching up quickly (namely china). Japan will probably be blown up in ww3 when China gets pissed off over the US, so no i dont think japan will rule in anything.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Evolution is all about adapting. In science the only difference between a law and a theory is a law can be proven through a mathematical equation. The theory of evolution is true and there is already so much evidence for it but it will always be called a theory in science since there is no mathematical equation. Gravity for example is a law not a theory since there is math behind it. The theory of evolution is present all around us, when species go to a small island they "adapt"(in other words evolve) from the main species on the mainland (many examples of this, species becoming smaller etc), we can see it every year through bacteria and viruses which are constantly evolving. In fact some strains of bacteria are almost immune to many of our anti-bacterials, they evolved!

Even an example of small evolution, even though it was human guided a bit is the dog species and it's many breeds, which all came from the wolf! Even coyotes and red wolves are an example of this and they didn't have any human intervention.

It's only logical a species would pass on it's best genes to it's offspring otherwise it would not work as a species and become extinct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World