Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2020, 12:37 PM

76 posts, read 38,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenseofPlace View Post
Both have a great climate, and Cape Town has an amazing wine country just east of the city with beautiful scenery. With that said, Perth is much safer, better beaches (warmer water for sure) and is a diverse city without all the racial inequality that exists in South Africa. Perth is popular with South Africans as well.

Adelaide, SA vs. Auckland, NZ
Auckland, Even though I prefer Adelaide's hotter climate and proximity to the rest of Australia it's really more of a big town that's kind of boring. Auckland is more of a prime metropolis close to a lot more outdoor activities and geographic wonders.

Belfast, N. Ireland vs. Belgrade, Serbia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2020, 01:11 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,026,336 times
Serbia, neighbors of my country I don't like them too much since they're snobby and not that bright but at least you can solve everything there with rakia (and onion lol!). The islanders north of europe have too much of a superiority complex over the continent for my liking.

Eilat, Israel vs Barcelona, Spain?

Old 07-22-2020, 01:25 PM

213 posts, read 132,251 times
ima go w/ Eilat bc frankly I like Israeli culture and people and know pretty much nothing about Spain. plus i'm used to Israeli-type climate. (I've lived in Mediterranean, sub-tropics and desert)

Seattle, Washington or Stockholm, Sweden?

Old 07-22-2020, 03:49 PM

676 posts, read 649,464 times
Seattle - warmer year round, prettier, wide access to nature, much more of a skyline and probably more to do in the city. That said, Stockholm is a pretty nice place to be and consistently beats out Seattle in those livability metrics.

Going with livability ratings, perennial top 10s:

Copenhagen, Denmark or Vienna, Austria?

Old 07-24-2020, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svelten View Post
Seattle - warmer year round, prettier, wide access to nature, much more of a skyline and probably more to do in the city. That said, Stockholm is a pretty nice place to be and consistently beats out Seattle in those livability metrics.

Going with livability ratings, perennial top 10s:

Copenhagen, Denmark or Vienna, Austria?
Vienna, more historic and cultural, warmer, and much cheaper cost of living. Not to say that Copenhagen isn't a great place but I think Vienna does everything it does but a little bit better.

Lisbon, Portugal vs Prague, Czech Republic

Old 07-24-2020, 11:14 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,172,710 times
Lisbon also pretty much because of the weather. I have never been to Lisbon and actually both my wife and I think we'd enjoy living in Prague, but I am fairly confident that we'd also like Lisbon a lot and if that's the case, I'm sure the better weather would easily tip the scales for my wife.

Sorry I'm stretching/breaking the rules here, but in honor of my buddy who has recently made it to all 6 Disney theme park regions:

Los Angeles vs Orlando vs Tokyo vs Shanghai vs Hong Kong vs Paris

Old 07-26-2020, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Lisbon also pretty much because of the weather. I have never been to Lisbon and actually both my wife and I think we'd enjoy living in Prague, but I am fairly confident that we'd also like Lisbon a lot and if that's the case, I'm sure the better weather would easily tip the scales for my wife.

Sorry I'm stretching/breaking the rules here, but in honor of my buddy who has recently made it to all 6 Disney theme park regions:

Los Angeles vs Orlando vs Tokyo vs Shanghai vs Hong Kong vs Paris
In short depth I would say:

LA - No because high taxes, too liberal, no culture, a lot of superficial people, and Hollyweirds

Orlando - No Too much humidity, crime, no culture, and W-trash

Shanghai - Chinese communist country and pollution probably makes this the least attractive choice

Hong Kong - Maybe if it wasn't for current events that are going on. Really too bad a great city ruined.

Paris - I always thought was a little overrated. Not the friendliest and lately taken over by immigration issues. Other parts of France are much nicer.

Tokyo - Would be my pick. I loved it there when I visited, beautiful city very safe, very clean and beyond interesting. A model city that other cities should follow even as the largest city in the world. The only downside is the cost of living and the long work hours.

Chiang Mai, Thailand vs. Cartagena, Colombia

Old 07-27-2020, 09:27 PM

93 posts, read 126,428 times
Chiang Mai. But the humidity would do me in! Ooof!

Santiago, Chile or Berlin, Germany?

Old 07-29-2020, 03:18 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,028,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditto97 View Post
Chiang Mai. But the humidity would do me in! Ooof!

Santiago, Chile or Berlin, Germany?
Berlin, Germany as I have always wanted to go to Germany. I don't know much about Santiago or Chile.

Jakarta Indonesia or Manila, Philippines?

Old 08-18-2020, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
Berlin, Germany as I have always wanted to go to Germany. I don't know much about Santiago or Chile.

Jakarta Indonesia or Manila, Philippines?
Manila - It's very close. They are both very similar cities.. and they are both kind of bad. Bad as in bad traffic, high crime/slums, Hot and humid, etc. I would choose Manila because it's more English friendly and easier to make friends with the locals and I would have take that over Jakarta's superior cuisine and cultural heritage

Hanoi, Vietnam vs. Ho Chi Minh (Saigon), Vietnam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World