Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2020, 09:00 AM

26 posts, read 26,530 times

Advertisements

Probably Canada because I want to work in the TV industry there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2020, 06:12 PM

30,651 posts, read 18,249,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
Tirana. Better climate and you have the sea nearby. Albanian language seems really interesting to me too.

Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia vs. CancĂșn, Quintana Roo, Mexico
I'll take Indonesia. I know that Indonesia has had problems with safety (from terrorism), but I do not want to live in Mexico now. Even in a resort area.

Havana, Cuba vs. Hanoi, Vietnam?

Old 07-02-2020, 09:19 AM

7,778 posts, read 10,172,710 times
Never been to either one but I'll take Hanoi. Looking back I would have gone to teach English there a decade ago if I could have. Havana is a place I want to visit but I don't think I could spend long periods of time there.

Berlin v Prague

Old 07-02-2020, 09:26 AM

37,161 posts, read 39,451,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Never been to either one but I'll take Hanoi. Looking back I would have gone to teach English there a decade ago if I could have. Havana is a place I want to visit but I don't think I could spend long periods of time there.

Berlin v Prague
Berlin. Larger city and I have friends there. I don't know anyone in Prague. I'd also like the opportunity to learn German as there are a lot of historical texts in German that I'd love to be able to read in their original language and theater/opera pieces to understand without subtitling.

Port-of-Spain, Trinidad or Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei

Old 07-02-2020, 09:26 AM

10,635 posts, read 16,715,400 times
Quote:

Berlin v Prague
Prague. More interesting architecture and cheaper as Czech Republic doesn't use the Euro.

Stockholm, Sweden vs. Montreal, QC, Canada

Old 07-02-2020, 11:05 AM

7,778 posts, read 10,172,710 times
Haha I think it is funny that you both answered me, and with different choices. So I will reply to both of yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad or Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei
Hmm, this one is tough. I've never been to either one, but I have Trinidad on my list to visit if opportunity arises. It is close to me in Miami and the Indian history and subculture is fascinating. I have basically no interest in visiting Brunei other than just to tick the box if it ever were convenient to do so.

BUT, to live in, I actually have a very large sphere/network centered around Malaysia and certainly expect to live there at some point in my lifetime. So living in Brunei for a brief period is perhaps more palatable than Trinidad would be. I don't really know...Trinidad is more enticing but the reality of living there may not be. So it is really hard to say. Ultimately I'll tip the scales slightly toward Brunei because of its far more favorable taxation...but I wouldn't want to live there for very long.

Quote:
Stockholm, Sweden vs. Montreal, QC, Canada
Montreal is one of my favorite cities. No question I hope to live there for a brief period in my lifetime. Stockholm is also very high quality of life and extremely attractive, but it isn't even close to my top tier preference the way Montreal is.

Alright...how about...Christchurch, NZ vs Birmingham, England

Old 07-02-2020, 02:40 PM

76 posts, read 38,903 times
Quote:

Alright...how about...Christchurch, NZ vs Birmingham, England
Christchurch, Seems more interesting to me due to the natural environment (ie. lots of outdoor things to do) and less chaotic. I also kind of don't like England anyways.

Honolulu, USA vs. Havana, Cuba

Old 07-02-2020, 03:37 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,715,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSonicSon View Post
Christchurch, Seems more interesting to me due to the natural environment (ie. lots of outdoor things to do) and less chaotic. I also kind of don't like England anyways.

Honolulu, USA vs. Havana, Cuba
Honolulu and it is not even close. It is my dream city to live in.

Vladivostok, Russia vs. Yerevan, Armenia

Old 07-02-2020, 04:14 PM

30,651 posts, read 18,249,084 times
Quote:
Honolulu and it is not even close. It is my dream city to live in.

Vladivostok, Russia vs. Yerevan, Armenia
I can't wait to move back to Honolulu in a couple of years. I miss it SO much!

Armenia. It seems more exotic to me than Russia.

Istanbul, Turkey vs. Tehran, Iran

Old 07-02-2020, 09:18 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,500,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I can't wait to move back to Honolulu in a couple of years. I miss it SO much!

Armenia. It seems more exotic to me than Russia.

Istanbul, Turkey vs. Tehran, Iran
Istanbul and it's not even close. Iran is far too conservative.

Montreal, Canada vs Melbourne, Australia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World