Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2008, 12:55 PM

3 posts, read 6,434 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are relocating to the Fort Mills area later this month. We have a 8 year old and a 3 year old (boys). We are going to enlist our oldest into the Fort Mills school distrist, but was wondering about the daycares in the area for our youngest son. If anyone has any advise or can recommend any daycar establishments that we can look into that would be a big help with our move ( one less thing that we have to worry about ) Thanks in a advance for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 02:57 PM

74 posts, read 247,909 times
Good Luck...most places in FM are booked! Are you looking for FT or PT? Im sure there are churches and things like that...maybe you may luck out with but the bigger named places have wait lists. Where in FM are you moving? Maybe I can help ya find a place more local to you

Old 05-07-2008, 06:13 PM

3 posts, read 6,434 times
We are still researching all of Fort Mill. We are still trying to sell our house and are looking to rent an apartment. Any recommendations that would be kid friendly? Thanks for the heads up on the daycare front.

Old 05-07-2008, 07:35 PM

850 posts, read 2,651,202 times
Daycare is a tough one. We have lived here amost 2 years and are still on the list at 3 places....
Good luck!

Old 05-08-2008, 12:48 PM

74 posts, read 247,909 times
recs for an apt? My friends live in a complex called MillCrest Park...its down the road from me on 160. Its in the same entrance as Waterstone community. They are brand new as of last fall and seems very nice. Its also pet friendly if you have animals.

Millcrest Park Apartments Fort Mill, SC - Apartments for Rent in Fort Mill South Carolina

Old 05-12-2008, 02:21 PM

5 posts, read 17,487 times
The good ones do fill up...and stay full. Its frustrating. They have a listing at daycare.sc that might be of some help.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:36 PM

2 posts, read 9,042 times
Default Goddard Preschool - coming soon!

Hi there. Don't know if you are familiar with Goddard School, but our youngest attended in OH and we loved it so much, we decided to open one in Fort Mill. We will have a beautiful, state-of-the art facility ready for operation at the first of '09. Our school will have certified teachers (with degrees in either Early Childhood Ed or Elem Ed), a fabulous curriculum, thumbprint security entry, and lots of other important facets of quality childcare.

We will be located on Gold Hill Rd 1/4 mile west of I77.
Call to schedule a tour closer to our Grand Opening date.
803-802-2112.

And best of luck as you relocate to our area.
P.S. We're in peach picking season right now!

Old 06-30-2008, 12:52 PM

4 posts, read 17,080 times
Smile Fort Mill Prep School

My children 21 months and going on 6 both go to Fort Mill Prep. and really enjoy it. My son is going to their summer camp and when school starts again will be in after school with them - and is gone all day long. He wakes up early to go. They learn by doing all day long. For example, they will learn about nature- then go for a nature hike on the Greenway. They have tons of fun.
My daughter is too young for the outings, but loves her teacher! No crying in the mornings... she actually calls for Miss Amanda when she can see her through the car windows. It means alot to me that the teachers are there because they want to be. I have had them in fancier facilities in the past, because I felt it suited me better. However, often times I would arrive to pick them up and felt as though the teachers were "just babysitting". This suits them better- they can really be kids here and it is a safe loving environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties