Alva: Castle on the Hill Mural
Alva: water tower at dusk
Alva: Runnymede Hotel, Alva's Cultural & Arts Center
Alva: Herod Hall, Northwestern Oklahoma State University
Alva: Farmer's Co-op Elevator
Alva: alva state bank
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||28.6 years|
|Oklahoma median age:||36.2 years|
Zip codes: 73717.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $25,129 (it was $17,966 in 2000)
Alva city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $78,390 (it was $49,800 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2013: $598.
Races in Alva, OK (2013)
- 4,26185.1%White alone
- 2024.0%Two or more races
- 1422.8%Black alone
- 921.8%Other race alone
- 561.1%American Indian alone
- 180.4%Asian alone
|Alva and surrounding area (8 replies)|
|Do Oklahomans typically have a Southern or Midwestern accent? (77 replies)|
|Are People in Oklahoma Racist ? (166 replies)|
|Don't Go Here! (112 replies)|
|Should Oklahoma be a midwest state, southern state, or both? (580 replies)|
|Oklahoma's Regional Idenity (129 replies)|
Latest news from Alva, OK collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (25.1%), United States (16.3%), Irish (9.5%), English (9.2%), Italian (2.7%), Polish (2.7%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 1340 feet
Land area: 2.37 square miles.
Population density: 2,181 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Alva:
- High school or higher: 88.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 28.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 12.5%
- Unemployed: 5.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 10.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Alva city:
- Never married: 36.3%
- Now married: 43.2%
- Separated: 1.5%
- Widowed: 9.1%
- Divorced: 9.9%
22 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Oklahoma and other state lists there were 7 registered sex offenders living in Alva, Oklahoma as of April 29, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Alva to the number of sex offenders is 702 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $514 (0.6%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $394 (0.5%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Wichita, KS (95.5 miles , pop. 344,284).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (296.7 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Capron, OK (2.9 miles) , Avard, OK (3.1 miles) , Dacoma, OK (3.4 miles) , South Woods, OK (3.7 miles ), Hardtner, KS (3.8 miles) , Burlington, OK (3.9 miles) , Lambert, OK (4.0 miles) , Cherokee, OK (4.2 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 1 building, cost: $180,000
- 1998: 2 buildings, average cost: $21,800
- 1999: 2 buildings, average cost: $52,500
- 2000: 3 buildings, average cost: $106,700
- 2001: 2 buildings, average cost: $270,000
- 2002: 1 building, cost: $150,000
- 2003: 16 buildings, average cost: $33,900
- 2005: 2 buildings, average cost: $201,000
- 2006: 3 buildings, average cost: $230,600
- 2007: 2 buildings, average cost: $155,500
- 2008: 4 buildings, average cost: $120,000
- 2011: 1 building, cost: $150,000
- 2012: 1 building, cost: $150,000
- 2013: 1 building, cost: $150,000
- 2014: 1 building, cost: $150,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 36.80 N, Longitude: 98.67 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +317 (+6.3%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,993 (75.0%)
Area code: 580
|Crime rates in Alva by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 291.8)||104.2||114.8||155.4||142.1||171.7||173.6||296.9||136.0||153.1||91.0||90.8||115.2|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Alva detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.98|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -350 (-6.2%).
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (11%)
- Retail trade (11%)
- Public administration (10%)
- Educational services (10%)
- Wholesale trade (8%)
- Manufacturing (7%)
- Construction (6%)
- Educational services (20%)
- Health care and social assistance (18%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Public administration (11%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Other services, except public administration (4%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (4%)
- Management occupations (13%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (11%)
- Sales and related occupations (10%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (10%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (7%)
- Material moving occupations (7%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (19%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (11%)
- Sales and related occupations (11%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (9%)
- Personal care and service occupations (8%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (7%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (7%)
Average climate in Alva, Oklahoma
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Alva-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Oklahoma state average. It is 90% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/17/1976, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 20.0 miles away from the Alva city center injured 2 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 5/2/1979, a category F4 tornado 30.0 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 25 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Alva-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Oklahoma state average. It is 63% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/15/1995 at 00:31:33, a magnitude 4.1 (3.8 LG, 4.1 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 4.9 miles away from the city center
On 2/15/1974 at 13:33:49, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG) earthquake occurred 114.4 miles away from Alva center
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 286.8 miles away from the city center
On 9/6/1997 at 23:38:00, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 194.0 miles away from the city center
On 4/28/1998 at 14:13:01, a magnitude 4.2 (3.9 MB, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 140.4 miles away from Alva center
On 1/18/1995 at 15:51:39, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 152.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Woods County (13) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 7
Emergencies Declared: 6
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 6, Winter Storms: 5, Storms: 4, Tornadoes: 4, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snow: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Jack Ging - Marine, Randy Terrill - Politician, Sara Billey - Mathematician.
Hospitals and medical centers in Alva:
airports located in Alva:
- Alva Regional Airport (AVK) (Runways: 3, Itinerant Ops: 4,000, Local Ops: 2,500)
- May Ranch Airport (OK54) (Runways: 2, Itinerant Ops: 100)
- Logsdon Ranch Airport (OK43) (Runways: 1)
- Woodlake Airport (OK14) (Runways: 1)
Colleges/Universities in Alva:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Alva:
- Northern Oklahoma College (about 77 miles; Tonkawa, OK; Full-time enrollment: 3,414)
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University (about 88 miles; Weatherford, OK; FT enrollment: 4,126)
- Cowley County Community College (about 92 miles; Arkansas City, KS; FT enrollment: 3,173)
- Wichita Technical Institute (about 93 miles; Wichita, KS; FT enrollment: 2,015)
- Newman University (about 93 miles; Wichita, KS; FT enrollment: 2,066)
- Friends University (about 94 miles; Wichita, KS; FT enrollment: 2,024)
- Hutchinson Community College (about 97 miles; Hutchinson, KS; FT enrollment: 4,174)
Public high school in Alva:
- ALVA HS (Students: 282, Location: 501 14TH STREET, Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Alva:
User submitted facts and corrections:
- Bible Baptist Church is not listed in your list of churches. It is located at 4th and Choctaw streets. Thanks
Notable locations in Alva: Alva Ambulance (A), Alva Fire Department (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Alva include: Zion Lutheran Church (A), Town and Country Christian Church (B), Seventh Day Adventist Church (C), Sacred Heart Catholic Church (D), Reorganized Chuch of Jesus (E), Otterbein United Methodist Church (F), First United Methodist Church (G), First Presbyterian Church (H), First Christian Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Alva Municipal Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Park in Alva: Hatfield Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attractions: Cherokee Strip Museum Association (901 14th Street), Red Carpet Country (College Campus).
Hotels: Ranger Inn (420 Oklahoma Boulevard), Best Western Redbud Inn (800 East Oklahoma Boulevard), Holiday Motel (701 East Oklahoma Boulevard), Alva's Western Motel (608 East Oklahoma Boulevard).
Courts: Woods OK County - Court Clerk (Courthouse), Woods County - Court Clerk (Court House).
(15.6% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 77.3% for Black residents, 59.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 35.1% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
People in group quarters in Alva in 2010:
- 277 people in college/university student housing
- 93 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 8 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
People in group quarters in Alva in 2000:
- 361 people in college dormitories (includes college quarters off campus)
- 85 people in nursing homes
- 66 people in wards in general hospitals for patients who have no usual home elsewhere
- 7 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
Banks with branches in Alva (2011 data):
- High Plains Bank: Alva Branch at 810 E. Oklahoma Blvd., branch established on 2007/10/26. Info updated 2009/12/09: Bank assets: $56.4 mil, Deposits: $46.9 mil, headquarters in Keyes, OK, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 4 total offices, Holding Company: First Keyes Bancshares, Inc.
- BancCentral, National Association: Banccentral, National Association at 602-612 Flynn Street, branch established on 1913/08/11. Info updated 2012/03/08: Bank assets: $275.5 mil, Deposits: $239.3 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 3 total offices, Holding Company: Myers Bancshares, Inc.
- Community Bank: at 1729 College Boulevard, branch established on 1984/07/16. Info updated 2006/08/01: Bank assets: $72.3 mil, Deposits: $65.0 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 1 total offices, Holding Company: Community Bancshares Of Alva, Inc.
- Alva State Bank & Trust Company: at 518 College Avenue, branch established on 1901/09/10. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $206.3 mil, Deposits: $166.2 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 3 total offices, Holding Company: Grace Investment Company, Inc. Esop, The
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Alva city (based on Woods County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Woods County:||5.92 / 10,000 pop.|
|Oklahoma:||1.97 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||1.18 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Woods County:||1.18 / 10,000 pop.|
|Oklahoma:||0.76 / 10,000 pop.|
|Woods County:||7.10 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.35 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.10 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.89 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Alva, OK Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2013)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||2||$9,916||$59,496||2||$415|
|Judicial and Legal||0||$0||1||$530|
|Police Protection - Officers||8||$28,507||$42,761||3||$3,902|
|Streets and Highways||7||$17,185||$29,460||1||$921|
|Solid Waste Management||10||$22,278||$26,734||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||5||$12,637||$30,329||3||$602|
|Other and Unallocable||6||$18,164||$36,328||1||$430|
|Totals for Government||195||$723,734||$44,537||117||$56,328|
Alva government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Parks & Recreation: $1,353,000 ($261.50)
General: $240,000 ($46.39)
Water Utilities: $47,000 ($9.08)
Air Transportation: $31,000 ($5.99)
- Current Operations - Financial Administration: $887,000 ($171.43)
Water Utilities: $790,000 ($152.69)
Housing & Community Development: $472,000 ($91.23)
Police Protection: $351,000 ($67.84)
Fire Protection: $284,000 ($54.89)
General - Other: $238,000 ($46.00)
Central Staff Services: $236,000 ($45.61)
Solid Waste Management: $200,000 ($38.65)
Air Transportation: $153,000 ($29.57)
Libraries: $147,000 ($28.41)
Health Services - Other: $142,000 ($27.44)
Regular Highways: $47,000 ($9.08)
Judicial and Legal Services: $15,000 ($2.90)
- General - Interest on Debt: $205,000 ($39.62)
- Other Capital Outlay - Police Protection: $25,000 ($4.83)
General - Other: $21,000 ($4.06)
Libraries: $16,000 ($3.09)
Health - Other: $16,000 ($3.09)
Fire Protection: $10,000 ($1.93)
Housing & Community Development: $3,000 ($0.58)
Parks & Recreation: $1,000 ($0.19)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $2,219,000 ($428.88)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $8,000 ($1.55)
Alva government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Air Transportation: $166,000 ($32.08)
- Charges - Housing & Community Development: $766,000 ($148.05)
Solid Waste Management: $749,000 ($144.76)
All Other: $235,000 ($45.42)
Parks & Recreation: $0 ($0.00)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $53,000 ($10.24)
Rents: $48,000 ($9.28)
General Revenue, NEC: $46,000 ($8.89)
Special Assessments: $4,000 ($0.77)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $648,000 ($125.24)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $62,000 ($11.98)
Housing & Community Development: $49,000 ($9.47)
Highways: $49,000 ($9.47)
All Other: $6,000 ($1.16)
- Tax - Total General Sales: $1,817,000 ($351.18)
Public Utilities: $210,000 ($40.59)
Other Selective Sales: $44,000 ($8.50)
NEC: $10,000 ($1.93)
Alva government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $115,000 ($22.23)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $5,412,000 ($1046.00)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $5,317,000 ($1027.64)
Water Utilities: $108,000 ($20.87)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $95,000 ($18.36)
Water Utilities: $7,000 ($1.35)
Alva government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Bond Fund - Cash & Deposits: $4,000 ($0.77)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $1,081,000 ($208.93)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $537,000 ($103.79)
6.85% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($33,827 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
8.89% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($31,004 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Alva:
- KALV (1430 AM; 1 kW; ALVA, OK; Owner: MM&K OF ALVA, INC.)
- KRMG (740 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KCRC (1390 AM; 10 kW; ENID, OK; Owner: CHISHOLM TRAIL BROADCASTING CO.)
- KOMA (1520 AM; 50 kW; OKLAHOMA CITY, OK; Owner: RENDA BROADCASTING CORP. OF NEVADA)
- KGYN (1210 AM; 50 kW; GUYMON, OK; Owner: TELNS BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KFAQ (1170 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- KWLS (1290 AM; 5 kW; PRATT, KS; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KFTI (1070 AM; 10 kW; WICHITA, KS; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- KRVN (880 AM; 50 kW; LEXINGTON, NE; Owner: NEBRASKA RURAL RADIO ASSOCIATION)
- WHB (810 AM; 50 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KTBZ (1430 AM; 25 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBAP (820 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
- KMUS (1380 AM; 20 kW; MUSKOGEE, OK; Owner: ABC, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Alva:
- KNID (99.7 FM; ALVA, OK; Owner: CHRISHOLM TRAIL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KQBL (96.9 FM; ENID, OK; Owner: CHAMPLIN BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KREJ (101.7 FM; MEDICINE LODGE, KS; Owner: FLORIDA PUBLIC RADIO, INC.)
- KSNS (91.5 FM; MEDICINE LODGE, KS; Owner: FLORIDA PUBLIC RADIO, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Alva:
- K60ER (Channel 60; CHEROKEE & ALVA, OK; Owner: SHAFER TRANSLATOR, INC.)
- K62EH (Channel 62; CHEROKEE & ALVA, OK; Owner: SHAFER TRANSLATOR, INC.)
- K64EA (Channel 64; CHEROKEE & ALVA, OK; Owner: SHAFER TRANSLATOR, INC.)
- K56FK (Channel 56; ALVA - CHEROKEE, OK; Owner: SHAFER TRANSLATOR, INC.)
- K58EM (Channel 58; ALVA - CHEROKEE, OK; Owner: SHAFER TRANSLATOR, INC.)
- K30AE (Channel 30; ALVA, OK; Owner: OKLAHOMA EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION AUTHORITY)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 2Number of bridges
- 2m7ftTotal length
- $979,000Total costs
- 8,000Total average daily traffic
- 563Total average daily truck traffic
- 12,800Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 101 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Alva, OK)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 20 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 44 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 29 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Alva)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 42 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Alva)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Alva and their reported violations in the past:ALVA (Address: 415 4TH ST , Population served: 5,208, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:CHARLES E. JOHNSON CORRECTIONAL CENTER (Address: 1856 E. Flynn , Population served: 444, Purch groundwater):
- Monitoring, Source Water (GWR) - In AUG-2010, Contaminant: E. COLI. Follow-up actions: Fed Compliance achieved (JUN-07-2010)
- Initial Tap Sampling for Pb and Cu - In OCT-01-2009, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JAN-27-2010), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JAN-27-2010), St Public Notif received (FEB-23-2010), St Compliance achieved (AUG-09-2010)
- One minor monitoring violation
Past monitoring violations:
- One routine major monitoring violation
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 64
- Hazardous Condition: 67
- Good Intent Call: 1
Incident types - Alva
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Alva, Oklahoma:
- Americas Best Value Inn, 800 E Oklahoma Blvd, Alva, Oklahoma 73717 , Phone: (580) 327-1111
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alva, 1230 E Oklahoma Blvd, Alva, Oklahoma 73717 , Phone: (580) 327-1400, Fax: (580) 327-1401
- Comfort Inn & Suites, 1278 E OK Blvd, Alva, Oklahoma 73717 , Phone: (580) 327-0000, Fax: (580) 327-0026
|Most common first names in Alva, OK among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Alva, OK among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (73%)
- Electricity (24%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
- No fuel used (1%)
- Wood (1%)
|Businesses in Alva, OK|
|H&R Block||1||SONIC Drive-In||1|
Alva compared to Oklahoma state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher above state average.
Alva on our top lists:
- #24 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Law enforcement workers including supervisors (population 5,000+)"
- #26 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the lowest number of robberies per 100,000 residents (population 5,000+)"
- #26 on the list of "Top 100 cities with shortest commuting times (pop. 5,000+)"
- #28 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Construction and extraction occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #33 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in wards in general hospitals for patients who have no usual home elsewhere (population 1,000+)"
- #40 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most full-time financial administration workers per 1000 residents (population 5,000+)"
- #44 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most full-time local library workers per 1000 residents (population 5,000+)"
- #97 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of people without health insurance coverage in 2000"
Total of 2 patent applications in 2008-2017.