Blytheville: Down town Blytheville
Blytheville: My home town
Blytheville: Down town Blytheville
Blytheville: Down town Blytheville
Blytheville: Down town Blytheville
Blytheville: Down town Blytheville
Blytheville: Down town Blytheville
Blytheville: Down town Blytheville
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||34.9 years|
|Arkansas median age:||37.8 years|
Zip codes: 72315.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $19,607 (it was $14,426 in 2000)
Blytheville city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $75,925 (it was $56,600 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $96,454; Detached houses: $102,626; Townhouses or other attached units: $77,550; In 2-unit structures: $59,259; Mobile homes: $48,181
Median gross rent in 2013: $648.
Races in Blytheville, AR (2010)
- 8,73655.9%Black alone
- 6,05338.8%White alone
- 1851.2%Two or more races
- 1250.8%Asian alone
- 380.2%American Indian alone
- 180.1%Other race alone
|Wanting information about Blytheville,AR (43 replies)|
|Arkansas is looking good with the posts I'm reading on here (52 replies)|
|Is Arkansas considered a Midwestern state? (244 replies)|
|Information on Blytheville (5 replies)|
|Need Info on Jonesboro, Arkansas & Surrounding Areas Immediately!!! (13 replies)|
|Berryville? (4 replies)|
Latest news from Blytheville, AR collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: United States (7.2%), German (5.7%), English (5.3%), Irish (4.4%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 01/04/1892
Elevation: 256 feet
Land area: 20.6 square miles.
Population density: 734 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Blytheville:
- High school or higher: 81.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 17.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.3%
- Unemployed: 11.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 16.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Blytheville city:
- Never married: 33.2%
- Now married: 41.4%
- Separated: 4.0%
- Widowed: 7.5%
- Divorced: 13.9%
167 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Arkansas and other state lists there were 55 registered sex offenders living in Blytheville, Arkansas as of October 04, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Blytheville to the number of sex offenders is 278 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $398 (0.4%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $364 (0.7%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Jonesboro, AR (44.3 miles , pop. 55,515).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Memphis, TN (56.4 miles , pop. 650,100).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (426.1 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Gosnell, AR (1.9 miles ), Burdette, AR (2.8 miles) , Dell, AR (3.0 miles ), Holland, MO (3.0 miles ), Cooter, MO (3.1 miles ), Steele, MO (3.4 miles ), Luxora, AR (3.5 miles ), Rives, MO (3.6 miles) .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 53 buildings, average cost: $46,800
- 1998: 36 buildings, average cost: $57,800
- 1999: 22 buildings, average cost: $47,000
- 2000: 14 buildings, average cost: $106,800
- 2001: 11 buildings, average cost: $53,600
- 2002: 41 buildings, average cost: $55,200
- 2003: 5 buildings, average cost: $81,600
- 2004: 5 buildings, average cost: $53,600
- 2005: 7 buildings, average cost: $83,600
- 2006: 10 buildings, average cost: $128,800
- 2007: 9 buildings, average cost: $128,800
- 2008: 28 buildings, average cost: $105,400
- 2009: 2 buildings, average cost: $185,000
- 2010: 4 buildings, average cost: $87,600
- 2011: 12 buildings, average cost: $98,700
- 2012: 9 buildings, average cost: $96,600
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 35.93 N, Longitude: 89.91 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,922 (+12.5%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 3,853 (67.1%)
Area code: 870
|Crime rates in Blytheville by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 292.4)||934.6||881.0||874.4||616.2||750.7||728.2||809.5||854.4||836.1||936.9||833.0||901.3|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Blytheville detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.37|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -5,161 (-22.0%).
- Manufacturing (30%)
- Construction (11%)
- Retail trade (10%)
- Wholesale trade (6%)
- Transportation and warehousing (6%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (25%)
- Educational services (18%)
- Manufacturing (16%)
- Accommodation and food services (8%)
- Retail trade (6%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (5%)
- Production occupations (20%)
- Sales and related occupations (15%)
- Management occupations (9%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (8%)
- Material moving occupations (8%)
- Transportation occupations (6%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (5%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (18%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (12%)
- Production occupations (11%)
- Management occupations (8%)
- Healthcare support occupations (7%)
- Community and social service occupations (6%)
- Sales and related occupations (6%)
Average climate in Blytheville, Arkansas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Blytheville-area historical tornado activity is near Arkansas state average. It is 115% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/15/1968, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 6.8 miles away from the Blytheville city center killed 35 people and injured 364 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 3/21/1952, a category F4 tornado 9.8 miles away from the city center killed 17 people and injured 100 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Blytheville-area historical earthquake activity is near Arkansas state average. It is 72% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/25/1976 at 00:41:20, a magnitude 5.0 (4.9 MB, 5.0 LG, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 30.8 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 44.1 miles away from Blytheville center
On 4/27/1989 at 16:47:49, a magnitude 4.7 (4.6 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.3 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 9.7 miles away from the city center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 88.1 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 207.1 miles away from Blytheville center
On 3/25/1976 at 01:00:11, a magnitude 4.5 (4.1 MB, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 38.7 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Mississippi County (11) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 7
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 6, Floods: 5, Tornadoes: 4, Winter Storms: 4, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Dee Clark - Singer, Fred Akers - Football player and coach, Junior Walker - Singer, Kathy Webb - Politician, Lawrence Babits - Archaeologist, M. C. Burton, Jr. - Basketball player, Nannerl O. Keohane - Educator, Edgar H. Lloyd - Army Medal of Honor recipient, Kimberly Derrick - Short-track speed skater, Brice Beck - College football player (Iowa State Cyclones).
Medal of Honor Recipients
Medal of Honor Recipient born in Blytheville: Edgar H. Lloyd.
Hospitals and medical centers in Blytheville:
- GREAT RIVER MEDICAL CENTER (Government - Local, provides emergency services, 1520 N DIVISION STREET)
- FMCNA - BLYTHEVILLE (1001 E MOULTRIE)
- HOME HEALTH PROFESSIONALS INC (509 HUTSON STREET)
- MISSISSIPPI COUNTY HEALTH UNIT BLYTHEVILLE (1299 NORTH TENTH STREET)
- BLYTHEVILLE NURSING CENTER (1400 NORTH DIVISION)
- HERITAGE SQUARE NURSING AND REHABILITATION CENTER, (710 NO RUDDLE)
- KEITH ACRES (112 W CLINTON)
Airports and heliports located in Blytheville:
- Blytheville Municipal Airport (Runways: 1, Air Taxi Ops: 1,600, Itinerant Ops: 19,500, Local Ops: 19,500, Military Ops: 400)
- Arkansas International Airport (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 1,000, Local Ops: 18,000, Military Ops: 14,000)
- Baptist Memorial Hospital-Blytheville Heliport
College/University in Blytheville:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Blytheville:
- Dyersburg State Community College (about 31 miles; Dyersburg, TN; Full-time enrollment: 2,211)
- Arkansas State University-Main Campus (about 44 miles; Jonesboro, AR; FT enrollment: 12,323)
- Rhodes College (about 54 miles; Memphis, TN; FT enrollment: 2,052)
- Southwest Tennessee Community College (about 56 miles; Memphis, TN; FT enrollment: 8,043)
- University of Memphis (about 57 miles; Memphis, TN; FT enrollment: 17,427)
- Union University (about 62 miles; Jackson, TN; FT enrollment: 4,051)
- Three Rivers Community College (about 66 miles; Poplar Bluff, MO; FT enrollment: 3,360)
Public high schools in Blytheville:
Private high school in Blytheville:
Public elementary/middle schools in Blytheville:
- CENTRAL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 531; Location: 1124 WEST MOULTRIE; Grades: 03 - 04)
- BLYTHEVILLE PRIMARY SCHOOL (Students: 511; Location: 1103 BYRUM RD; Grades: 01 - 02)
- BLYTHEVILLE INTERMEDIATE SCH (Students: 455; Location: 216 EAST MOULTRIE; Grades: 05 - 06)
- BLYTHEVILLE MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 442; Location: 700 WEST CHICKASAWBA; Grades: 07 - 08)
- BLYTHEVILLE KINDERGARTEN CENTER (Students: 278; Location: 1107 BYRUM RD; Grades: UG - UG)
User submitted facts and corrections:
- Mississippi County Community College is now Arkansas Northeastern College...still located on the highway
- Instead of the college being Mississippi County Community College it is now Arkansas Northeaster College. added by both_jrs_rock
- Blytheville. Arkansas is near Barfield, Arkansas added by Jim
Notable locations in Blytheville: Cherrytree Plaza (A), Mississippi County Fairgrounds (B), Blytheville Fire Department Station 2 (C), Mississippi County Nursing Home (D), Ritz Civic Center (E), Mississippi County Courthouse (F), Blytheville Fire Department Station 1 (G), Blytheville Fire Department Station 3 (H), Blytheville Police Department (I), Blytheville City Hall (J), Blytheville Public Library (K), Blytheville C B Emergency Squad (L), Northeast Arkansas Ambulance Service (Advanced Life Support) (M), Medic One Ambulance Service (N), Fire Station Number 1 (O). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Centers: Blytheville Plaza Shopping Center (1), Colony Square Shopping Center (2), Day Shopping Center (3), Downtown Shopping Center (4), Town North Shopping Center (5). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Blytheville include: Aldersgate United Methodist Church (A), Blytheville First Assembly of God Church (B), Church of Christ (C), Church of God (D), Church of the Lord Jesus (E), Church of the Lord Jesus Christ (F), Eastside Church of Christ (G), Fairview Baptist Church (H), Faith Temple Church of God in Christ (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: North Sawba Cemetery (1), Sawyer Cemetery (2), Elmwood Cemetery (3), Memorial Park Cemetery (4), Maple Grove Cemetery (5), Spur Cemetery (6), Lane Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Blytheville include: Mahoney Park (1), Cypress Park (2), Walker Park (3), Little Park (4), Eaker Site (5). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction: Green Dragon- The (Arcades & Amusements; 821 East Main Street) (1). Display/hide its approximate location on the map
Hotels: Economy Inn (1003 South Division Street) (1), Comfort Inn Blytheville (1520 East Main Street) (2), Best Western Blytheville Inn (1101 Kari Street) (3), Days Inn (East Highway 18 & I 55) (4), Royal Inn (1214 South Division Street) (5), Best Budget Inn (357 South Division Street) (6), Holiday Inn of Blytheville (1121 West Main Street) (7), Hampton Inn (301 North Service Road) (8), Blytheville-Days Inn (PO Box 1342) (9). Display/hide their approximate locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2005 was 71.0. This is about average.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2005 was 14.8. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 0.7 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Blytheville and their reported violations in the past:BLYTHEVILLE WATERWORKS (Population served: 18,722, Groundwater):
Past health violations:DOGWOOD WATER ASSOCIATION (Population served: 1,500, Groundwater):
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In JUL-2013, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (SEP-10-2013), St Public Notif received (OCT-08-2013), St Compliance achieved (DEC-03-2013)
Past monitoring violations:
- Monitoring and Reporting (DBP) - Between JUL-2013 and SEP-2013, Contaminant: Chlorine. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (OCT-02-2013), St Compliance achieved (DEC-03-2013)
- One routine major monitoring violation
Drinking water stations with addresses in Blytheville that have no violations reported:
- NE MISSISSIPPI CO WATER ASSOC (Population served: 1,122, Primary Water Source Type: Purch groundwater)
(19.6% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 34.4% for Black residents, 18.5% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 9.5% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
28 people in emergency and transitional shelters (with sleeping facilities) for people experiencing homelessness in 2010
People in group quarters in Blytheville in 2000:
- 186 people in nursing homes
- 76 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
- 7 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 5 people in homes or halfway houses for drug/alcohol abuse
Blytheville compared to Arkansas state average:
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- House age above state average.
Banks with branches in Blytheville (2011 data):
- Southern Bancorp Bank: East Branch, North Branch, South Branch, Walmart Branch, Blytheville Branch, Gosnell Branch. Info updated 2010/06/01: Bank assets: $1,146.8 mil, Deposits: $966.8 mil, headquarters in Arkadelphia, AR, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 40 total offices, Holding Company: Southern Bancorp, Inc
- Farmers Bank and Trust Company: Blytheville Branch, Northside Branch, Farmers Bank And Trust Company, Teller's Window Branch. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $401.8 mil, Deposits: $347.1 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 8 total offices, Holding Company: Farmers Bancorp Inc.
- SouthBank, a Federal Savings Bank: Blytheville Branch at 208 North Second Street, branch established on 1947/06/19. Info updated 2011/07/21: Bank assets: $242.2 mil, Deposits: $183.8 mil, headquarters in Huntsville, AL, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 13 total offices
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Blytheville, Arkansas:
- Thrifty Inn, 201 N I-55 Service Rd, Blytheville, AR 72315 , Phone: (870) 763-2300
- Best Western Inn, 3700 South Division, Blytheville, AR 72315 , Phone: (800) 528-1234
- Holiday Inn, 1121 E Main, Blytheville, AR 72315 , Phone: (870) 763-5800
- Hampton Inn, 301 N Access Rd, Blytheville, AR 72315 , Phone: (870) 763-5220
- Americas Best Value Inn, 102a S Porter Dr, Blytheville, AR 72315 , Phone: (870) 780-6122, Fax: (870) 780-6936
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (58%)
- Electricity (40%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Blytheville city (based on Mississippi County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Mississippi County:||3.00 / 10,000 pop.|
|Arkansas:||2.02 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.21 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|Mississippi County:||0.21 / 10,000 pop.|
|Arkansas:||0.59 / 10,000 pop.|
|Mississippi County:||4.72 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.94 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||3.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.66 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2013)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||4||$6,972||$20,916||0||$0|
|Judicial and Legal||3||$15,153||$60,612||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||20||$79,917||$47,950||0||$0|
|Police - Other||11||$33,513||$36,560||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||9||$30,863||$41,151||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||10||$29,044||$34,853||1||$2,343|
|Other and Unallocable||20||$74,492||$44,695||1||$2,426|
|Totals for Government||152||$550,066||$43,426||23||$16,919|
Blytheville government finances - Expenditure in 2004 (per resident):
- Construction - Air Transportation: $35,000 ($2.31)
- Current Operations - Police Protection: $2,663,000 ($176.12)
Fire Protection: $1,598,000 ($105.69)
Solid Waste Management: $1,388,000 ($91.80)
Regular Highways: $1,338,000 ($88.49)
Sewerage: $1,289,000 ($85.25)
Parks & Recreation: $809,000 ($53.51)
Water Utilities: $752,000 ($49.74)
Central Staff Services: $665,000 ($43.98)
Financial Administration: $245,000 ($16.20)
Health Services - Other: $95,000 ($6.28)
Judicial and Legal Services: $68,000 ($4.50)
General Public Buildings: $68,000 ($4.50)
General - Other: $60,000 ($3.97)
Air Transportation: $33,000 ($2.18)
- Employee Retirement - Total Cash & Deposits: $2,776,000 ($183.60)
Benefit Payments: $280,000 ($18.52)
Withdrawals: $12,000 ($0.79)
- General - Interest on Debt: $50,824,000 ($3361.38)
- Other Capital Outlay - Parks & Recreation: $50,000 ($3.31)
Regular Highways: $20,000 ($1.32)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $6,089,000 ($402.71)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $283,000 ($18.72)
Blytheville government finances - Revenue in 2004 (per resident):
- Charges - Air Transportation: $35,000 ($2.31)
- Charges - Solid Waste Management: $1,763,000 ($116.60)
Sewerage: $1,360,000 ($89.95)
All Other: $224,000 ($14.81)
- Employee Retirement - Interest Revenue: $607,000 ($40.15)
From Local Government: $56,000 ($3.70)
From Other Government: $17,000 ($1.12)
Local Employee Contribution: $8,000 ($0.53)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $40,000 ($2.65)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $1,660,000 ($109.79)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $49,936,000 ($3302.65)
General Revenue, NEC: $1,007,000 ($66.60)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $929,000 ($61.44)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $726,000 ($48.02)
General Support: $497,000 ($32.87)
- Tax - Total General Sales: $4,510,000 ($298.28)
Public Utilities: $1,003,000 ($66.34)
Property: $544,000 ($35.98)
NEC: $182,000 ($12.04)
Blytheville government finances - Debt in 2004 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Industrial Revenue: $712,240,000 ($47105.82)
Water Utilities: $4,725,000 ($312.50)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $16,115,000 ($1065.81)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Industrial Revenue: $712,240,000 ($47105.82)
Other, NEC: $15,849,000 ($1048.21)
Water Utilities: $4,500,000 ($297.62)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $266,000 ($17.59)
Water Utilities: $225,000 ($14.88)
Blytheville government finances - Cash and Securities in 2004 (per resident):
- Bond Fund - Cash & Deposits: $1,112,000 ($73.54)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $1,124,000 ($74.34)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $713,698,000 ($47202.25)
5.64% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($25,297 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Craighead County, AR||0.80% ($22,516 average AGI)|
|from Shelby County, TN||0.30% ($15,178)|
|from Pemiscot County, MO||0.28% ($27,738)|
6.70% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($31,948 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Blytheville:
- KLCN (910 AM; 5 kW; BLYTHEVILLE, AR; Owner: SUDBURY SERVICES, INC.)
- KOTC (830 AM; daytime; 10 kW; KENNETT, MO; Owner: EAGLE BLUFF ENTERPRISES)
- WDIA (1070 AM; 50 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WGSF (1030 AM; 50 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: FLINN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WCRV (640 AM; 50 kW; COLLIERVILLE, TN; Owner: BOTT BROADCASTING COMPANY/TENNESSEE)
- WMQM (1600 AM; 50 kW; LAKELAND, TN; Owner: WMQM, INC.)
- WJCE (680 AM; 10 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: ENTERCOM MEMPHIS LICENSE, LLC)
- KWAM (990 AM; 10 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: CONCORD MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- KOSE (860 AM; 1 kW; WILSON, AR; Owner: NEWPORT BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WHBQ (560 AM; 5 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: FLINN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WREC (600 AM; 5 kW; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCPC (940 AM; 50 kW; HOUSTON, MS; Owner: WCPC BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Blytheville:
- KAMJ (93.9 FM; GOSNELL, AR; Owner: PHOENIX BROADCASTING GROUP, INC.)
- KHLS (96.3 FM; BLYTHEVILLE, AR; Owner: SUDBURY SERVICES, INC.)
- KBCM (88.3 FM; BLYTHEVILLE, AR; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- WJZN (98.9 FM; MUNFORD, TN; Owner: MEMPHIS III LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KQDD (107.3 FM; OSCEOLA, AR; Owner: PHOENIX BROADCASTING GROUP, INC.)
- WYPL (89.3 FM; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: MEMPHIS/SHELBY COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY & INFO CNTR.)
- WASL (100.1 FM; DYERSBURG, TN; Owner: DR PEPPER PEPSI-COLA BOTTLING CO.)
- WKNQ (90.7 FM; DYERSBURG, TN; Owner: MID-SOUTH PUBLIC COMMS. FOUNDATION)
- KIYS (101.9 FM; JONESBORO, AR; Owner: ,CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- W205BN (88.9 FM; DYERSBURG, TN; Owner: WAY-FM MEDIA GROUP, INC.)
- KCRV-FM (105.1 FM; CARUTHERSVILLE, MO; Owner: POLLACK BROADCASTING CO.)
- KAUF (89.9 FM; KENNETT, MO; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- WAPO (90.5 FM; MOUNT VERNON, IL; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- WAUV (89.7 FM; RIPLEY, TN; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
TV broadcast stations around Blytheville:
- WMC-TV (Channel 5; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: RAYCOM AMERICA, INC.)
- KAIT (Channel 8; JONESBORO, AR; Owner: LIBCO, INC.)
- KVTJ (Channel 48; JONESBORO, AR; Owner: AGAPE CHURCH, INC.)
- WLMT (Channel 30; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WPTY-TV (Channel 24; MEMPHIS, TN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- K46EM (Channel 46; BATESVILLE, AR; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WDYR-CA (Channel 33; DYERSBURG, TN; Owner: TRI-STATE CHRISTIAN TV, INC.)
Fatal accident count (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 22Number of bridges
- 264m866ftTotal length
- 146,590Total average daily traffic
- 3,794Total average daily truck traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 71 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 4 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Blytheville, AR)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 32 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 11 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 6 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 8 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 52 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Blytheville)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 24 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Blytheville)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 206
- Hazardous Condition: 42
Incident types - Blytheville
|Most common first names in Blytheville, AR among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Blytheville, AR among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Blytheville, AR|
|Comfort Inn||1||Pizza Hut||1|
|Days Inn||1||SAS Shoes||1|
|Domino's Pizza||1||SONIC Drive-In||2|
|H&R Block||1||Taco Bell||1|
|Jones New York||1||Vans||1|
Blytheville on our top lists:
- #10 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Printing and related support activities (population 5,000+)"
- #22 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Supervisors, construction and extraction workers (population 5,000+)"
- #25 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of burglaries in 2006 per 10,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data"
- #28 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Sales representatives, services, wholesale and manufacturing (population 5,000+)"
- #33 on the list of "Top 100 cities with declining populations from 2000 to 2008 (pop. 5,000+)"
- #34 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Metal and metal products"
- #39 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of rapes in 2006 per 10,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data (population 5,000+)"
- #41 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Machinery (population 5,000+)"
- #51 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most people below the poverty level, excluding cities with 15% or more of residents in college and with the median age below 28 (population 5,000+)"
- #67 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most people below 50% of the poverty level, excluding cities with 15% or more of residents in college and with the median age below 28 (population 5,000+)"
- #75 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of thefts in 2006 per 10,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data (population 5,000+)"
- #86 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest 2006 city-data.com crime index per resident, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data"
- #101 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most Black residents (pop 5,000+)"
- #26 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of people moving out compared to moving in (pop. 50,000+)"
- #30 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for 3rd party candidates in the 2004 Presidential Election"
- #50 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of people without health insurance coverage in 2000 (pop. 50,000+)"
- #53 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest number of infant deaths per 1000 residents 2000-2003 (pop. 50,000+)"
- #78 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of children under 18 without health insurance coverage in 2000 (pop. 50,000+)"
Total of 25 patent applications in 2008-2015.