Denmark, South Carolina
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||25.4 years|
|South Carolina median age:||39.0 years|
Zip codes: 29042.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $15,587 (it was $11,243 in 2000)
Denmark city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $68,405 (it was $43,300 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2015: $393.
Races in Denmark, SC (2010)
- 3,17289.7%Black alone
- 3038.6%White alone
- 140.4%Two or more races
- 100.3%Asian alone
- 30.08%American Indian alone
- 30.08%Other race alone
- 20.06%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
|Disadvantages of Greenville (114 replies)|
|9 Killed in Charleston Church shooting. (350 replies)|
|looking for housing rentals Denmark, Bamberg SC (2 replies)|
|Do you like the names of SC cities or think some should be changed? (64 replies)|
|Greenlink bus service coming to Simpsonville. (124 replies)|
|Scott Towers-past usful life??? (30 replies)|
Latest news from Denmark, SC collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (2.5%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 244 feet
Land area: 3.04 square miles.
Population density: 1,110 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Denmark:
- High school or higher: 76.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 20.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.2%
- Unemployed: 9.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 24.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Denmark city:
- Never married: 55.3%
- Now married: 27.0%
- Separated: 5.3%
- Widowed: 8.6%
- Divorced: 3.8%
15 residents are foreign born
According to our research of South Carolina and other state lists there were 2 registered sex offenders living in Denmark, South Carolina as of May 23, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Denmark to the number of sex offenders is 1,744 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $407 (0.6%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $536 (0.8%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Columbia, SC (48.7 miles , pop. 116,278).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Charlotte, NC (131.7 miles , pop. 540,828).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (568.9 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Bamberg, SC (2.6 miles ), Hilda, SC (2.6 miles ), Govan, SC (2.7 miles) , Blackville, SC (2.8 miles ), Cope, SC (2.9 miles) , Norway, SC (3.0 miles ), Olar, SC (3.2 miles ), Barnwell, SC (3.7 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 2 buildings, average cost: $18,500
- 1998: 2 buildings, average cost: $18,500
- 1999: 2 buildings, average cost: $18,500
- 2000: 1 building, cost: $65,000
- 2001: 3 buildings, average cost: $59,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 33.32 N, Longitude: 81.14 W
Area code: 803
|Crime rates in Denmark by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 287.3)||304.6||487.4||549.1||600.4||528.5||406.9||526.6||514.8||575.2||477.8||568.8||636.0||521.9|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Denmark detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.59|
|South Carolina average:||2.44|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -515 (-13.4%).
- Educational services (29%)
- Manufacturing (24%)
- Utilities (14%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Other services, except public administration (5%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Finance and insurance (4%)
- Educational services (30%)
- Manufacturing (24%)
- Health care and social assistance (20%)
- Retail trade (11%)
- Information (9%)
- Accommodation and food services (3%)
- Other services, except public administration (2%)
- Production occupations (28%)
- Material moving occupations (15%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (13%)
- Computer and mathematical occupations (12%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (7%)
- Sales and related occupations (7%)
- Fire fighting and prevention, and other protective service workers including supervisors (4%)
- Production occupations (24%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (20%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (15%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (11%)
- Sales and related occupations (10%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (7%)
- Personal care and service occupations (5%)
Average climate in Denmark, South Carolina
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Denmark-area historical tornado activity is near South Carolina state average. It is 10% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/23/1983, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 15.7 miles away from the Denmark city center injured 6 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 3/15/2008, a category F3 tornado 17.3 miles away from the city center .
Earthquake activity:Denmark-area historical earthquake activity is near South Carolina state average. It is 86% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 86.4 miles away from the city center
On 11/22/1974 at 05:25:55, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB) earthquake occurred 64.7 miles away from Denmark center
On 8/21/1992 at 16:31:55, a magnitude 4.4 (4.1 MB, 4.1 LG, 4.4 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 62.3 miles away from the city center
On 11/11/2002 at 23:39:29, a magnitude 4.4 (4.0 MB, 4.4 LG, Depth: 1.5 mi) earthquake occurred 94.5 miles away from the city center
On 4/17/1995 at 13:45:57, a magnitude 3.9 (3.9 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 67.4 miles away from Denmark center
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi) earthquake occurred 270.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Bamberg County (12) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 6
Emergencies Declared: 6
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 5, Winter Storms: 3, Floods: 2, Storms: 2, Drought: 1, Ice Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Cleveland Sellers - A Man who Contributed to the fight against discrimination among African s, Julius Daniels - Piedmont blues musician.
Hospitals and medical centers near Denmark:
- BAMBERG DIALYSIS (Dialysis Facility, about 7 miles away; BAMBERG, SC)
- UNIHEALTH POST-ACUTE CARE OF BAMBERG (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; BAMBERG, SC)
- BAMBERG COUNTY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (Hospital, about 7 miles away; BAMBERG, SC)
- CENTRAL BAMBERG DIALYSIS (Dialysis Facility, about 7 miles away; BAMBERG, SC)
- VNA OF GREATER BAMBERG (Home Health Center, about 8 miles away; BAMBERG, SC)
- LAUREL BAYE HEALTHCARE BLACKVILLE (Nursing Home, about 9 miles away; BLACKVILLE, SC)
- DCA BARNWELL (Dialysis Facility, about 13 miles away; BARNWELL, SC)
Colleges/Universities in Denmark:
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near Denmark:
- South Carolina State University (about 21 miles; Orangeburg, SC; Full-time enrollment: 3,481)
- Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College (about 24 miles; Orangeburg, SC; FT enrollment: 2,113)
- University of South Carolina-Aiken (about 41 miles; Aiken, SC; FT enrollment: 2,815)
- Aiken Technical College (about 44 miles; Graniteville, SC; FT enrollment: 2,107)
- Midlands Technical College (about 44 miles; West Columbia, SC; FT enrollment: 8,916)
- University of South Carolina-Columbia (about 48 miles; Columbia, SC; FT enrollment: 27,789)
- Benedict College (about 49 miles; Columbia, SC; FT enrollment: 3,039)
Public high school in Denmark:
- DENMARK OLAR HIGH (Students: 265, Location: 197 VIKING CIRCLE, Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Denmark:
Notable locations in Denmark: Crestwood Country Club (A), Denmark Library (B), City of Denmark Fire Department (C), Bamberg Rescue Squad Medic 3 (D), Denmark Police Department (E), Denmark City Hall (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Center: Denmark Shopping Center (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Denmark include: Butler Street Church of God (A), Franklin United Methodist Church (B), Rome Baptist Church (C), Bethel Park United Methodist Church (D), First Baptist Church (E), Denmark Presbyterian Church (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotel: Carolina Inn of Denmark (17688 Heritage Highway).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 40.0. This is significantly better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 19.1. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 23.1 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2007 was 19.9. This is about average. Closest monitor was 18.7 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2003 was 11.6. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 21.5 miles away from the city center.
(19.1% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 54.0% for Black residents, 27.8% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.3 people|
|South Carolina:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.5% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
40 people in group homes intended for adults in 2010
People in group quarters in Denmark in 2000:
- 29 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
- 6 people in homes for the mentally retarded
- 4 people in homes for the physically handicapped
Banks with branches in Denmark (2011 data):
- Enterprise Bank of South Carolina: Denmark Branch at 117 North Palmetto Avenue, branch established on 1985/08/14. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $403.9 mil, Deposits: $343.1 mil, headquarters in Ehrhardt, SC, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 12 total offices
- SCBT National Association: Denmark Branch at 18587 Heritage Way, branch established on 2004/02/17. Info updated 2011/08/01: Bank assets: $3,893.8 mil, Deposits: $3,257.7 mil, headquarters in Orangeburg, SC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 79 total offices, Holding Company: Scbt Financial Corporation
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
|South Carolina average:||11.6|
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Denmark city (based on Bamberg County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Bamberg County:||3.23 / 10,000 pop.|
|South Carolina:||1.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|Bamberg County:||1.29 / 10,000 pop.|
|South Carolina:||0.85 / 10,000 pop.|
|Bamberg County:||6.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||1.94 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.75 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Denmark, SC Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2013)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||9||$10,581||$14,108||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||9||$24,874||$33,165||0||$0|
|Police - Other||0||$0||1||$991|
|Solid Waste Management||2||$3,882||$23,292||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||29||$63,718||$26,366||10||$8,893|
Denmark government finances - Expenditure in 2006 (per resident):
- Construction - Water Utilities: $185,000 ($54.86)
Central Staff Services: $150,000 ($44.48)
Local Fire Protection: $15,000 ($4.45)
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $577,000 ($171.12)
Police Protection: $516,000 ($153.02)
Health - Other: $333,000 ($98.75)
Solid Waste Management: $278,000 ($82.44)
Central Staff Services: $266,000 ($78.88)
Local Fire Protection: $176,000 ($52.19)
Parks and Recreation: $65,000 ($19.28)
Judicial and Legal Services: $10,000 ($2.97)
- General - Interest on Debt: $8,000 ($2.37)
- Other Capital Outlay - Police Protection: $33,000 ($9.79)
- Total Salaries and Wages: $729,000 ($216.19)
Denmark government finances - Revenue in 2006 (per resident):
- Charges - All Other: $174,000 ($51.60)
Solid Waste Management: $140,000 ($41.52)
Parks and Recreation: $25,000 ($7.41)
- Federal Intergovernmental - Housing and Community Development: $31,000 ($9.19)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Local Government Support: $192,000 ($56.94)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $81,000 ($24.02)
Interest Earnings: $35,000 ($10.38)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $624,000 ($185.05)
- State Intergovernmental - General Local Government Support: $201,000 ($59.61)
- Tax - Property: $372,000 ($110.32)
Public Utility License: $248,000 ($73.55)
Public Utilities Sales: $100,000 ($29.66)
Denmark government finances - Debt in 2006 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt - Beginning Outstanding - Unspecified Public Purpose: $161,000 ($47.75)
Outstanding Unspecified Public Purpose: $142,000 ($42.11)
Retired Unspecified Public Purpose: $19,000 ($5.63)
Denmark government finances - Cash and Securities in 2006 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash and Securities: $804,000 ($238.43)
- Sinking Funds - Cash and Securities: $25,000 ($7.41)
5.47% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($28,508 average adjusted gross income)
|South Carolina average:||6.90%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Orangeburg County, SC||1.01% ($20,500 average AGI)|
|from Barnwell County, SC||0.66% ($24,733)|
|from Colleton County, SC||0.44% ($22,750)|
5.88% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($26,959 average adjusted gross income)
|South Carolina average:||6.53%|
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Denmark:
- WRIT (790 AM; 1 kW; BAMBERG-DENMARK, SC; Owner: VOORHEES COLLEGE)
- WBAJ (890 AM; daytime; 50 kW; BLYTHEWOOD, SC; Owner: FAMILY FIRST)
- WCEO (840 AM; daytime; 50 kW; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: EASTERN BROADCASTING GROUP, INC.)
- WIQB (1050 AM; 25 kW; CONWAY, SC; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WQIZ (810 AM; daytime; 5 kW; ST. GEORGE, SC; Owner: RADIO PROPERTIES, LLC)
- WLGO (1170 AM; daytime; 10 kW; LEXINGTON, SC; Owner: LEVAS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WLFJ (660 AM; daytime; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, SC; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBCU (1460 AM; 50 kW; UNION, SC)
- WVOC (560 AM; 5 kW; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WAGL (1560 AM; daytime; 50 kW; LANCASTER, SC; Owner: PALMETTO BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC.)
- WBT (1110 AM; 50 kW; CHARLOTTE, NC; Owner: JEFFERSON-PILOT COMMUNICATNS CO. OF NORTH CAROLINA)
- WCSZ (1070 AM; 50 kW; SANS SOUCI, SC; Owner: WHYZ RADIO, L.P.)
- WGAC (580 AM; 5 kW; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: WGAC LICENSE, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Denmark:
- WBAW-FM (99.1 FM; BARNWELL, SC; Owner: BULLIE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WWBD (95.7 FM; BAMBERG, SC; Owner: MILLER COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WIGL (102.9 FM; ORANGEBURG, SC; Owner: MILLER COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WAFJ (88.3 FM; BELVEDERE, SC; Owner: RADIO TRAINING NETWORK, INC.)
- WAAW (94.7 FM; WILLISTON, SC; Owner: FRANK NEELY)
- WGFG (105.1 FM; BRANCHVILLE, SC; Owner: MILLER COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WZNY (105.7 FM; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WIIZ (97.9 FM; BLACKVILLE, SC; Owner: NICWILD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WQKI-FM (93.9 FM; ST. MATTHEWS, SC; Owner: MILLER COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WMHK (89.7 FM; COLUMBIA, SC; Owner: COLUMBIA BIBLE COLLEGE B/CING CO.)
- WTCB (106.7 FM; ORANGEBURG, SC; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WKSP (96.3 FM; AIKEN, SC; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WHXT (103.9 FM; ORANGEBURG, SC; Owner: URBAN RADIO OF SOUTH CAROLINA, LLC)
- WSPX (94.5 FM; BOWMAN, SC; Owner: GLORY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WDOG-FM (93.5 FM; ALLENDALE, SC; Owner: GOOD RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Denmark:
- WEBA-TV (Channel 14; ALLENDALE, SC; Owner: SOUTH CAROLINA EDUCATIONAL TV COMMISSION)
- WJBF (Channel 6; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: MEDIA GENERAL BROADCASTING OF SO. CAROLINA HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WAGT (Channel 26; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: WAGT TELEVISION, INC.)
- WRDW-TV (Channel 12; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: WRDW LICENSEE CORP.)
- WFXG (Channel 54; AUGUSTA, GA; Owner: FISHER BROADCASTING - GEORGIA, L.L.C.)
- W55CQ (Channel 55; ORANGEBURG, SC; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WJWJ-TV (Channel 16; BEAUFORT, SC; Owner: SOUTH CAROLINA EDUCATIONAL TV COMMISSION)
- W31BS (Channel 31; ORANGEBURG, SC; Owner: DOVE BROADCASTING INC.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 3Number of bridges
- 3m10ftTotal length
- 3,150Total average daily traffic
- 173Total average daily truck traffic
- 5,049Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:43 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers in Denmark)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:4
- Fire Dept 135 N Palmetto Ave (Lat: 33.329611 Lon: -81.134278), Call Sign: KFO269
Assigned Frequencies: 155.235 MHz, 155.340 MHzGrant Date: 02/26/1997, Expiration Date: 04/20/2002, Cancellation Date: 08/25/2002Registrant: Denmark Rescue Squad, 135 N Palmetto Ave, Denmark, SC 29042, Phone: (803) 793-3734
- 113 E Butler St (Lat: 33.323778 Lon: -81.143167), Type: Pole, Structure height: 14 m, Overall height: 17 m, Call Sign: KUR290
Assigned Frequencies: 154.515 MHzGrant Date: 01/28/2013, Expiration Date: 08/13/2022Registrant: Technical Assistance Inc., Dba Kelley Co, 487 Broughton St., Orangeburg, SC 29115, Phone: (803) 516-0005, Fax: (803) 516-0803, Email:
- Milepost 414.1 4.1 Mi S (Lat: 33.261278 Lon: -81.160389), Call Sign: KTV879
Assigned Frequencies: 160.590 MHz, 161.100 MHzGrant Date: 11/11/2011, Expiration Date: 02/04/2022Registrant: Csx Transportation, 6735 Southpoint Dr S, 4th Flr J958, Jacksonville, FL 32216, Phone: (904) 332-5925, Fax: (904) 332-6048, Email:
- Lat: 33.306056 Lon: -81.127667, Call Sign: WQQL530
Assigned Frequencies: 467.212 MHzGrant Date: 01/18/2013, Expiration Date: 01/18/2023, Certifier: Marie S MartinRegistrant: Innovation Wireless, 11869 Teale Street, Culver City, CA 90230, Phone: (888) 559-5565, Fax: (310) 482-3480, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:3
- DENMARK, 2000 Feet S Of Hwy 78 3 Mi W (Denmark - Sc Rsa 7) (Lat: 33.348778 Lon: -81.193167), Type: Gtower, Structure height: 91.4 m, Overall height: 97.5 m, Call Sign: WMN355
Assigned Frequencies: 11345.0 MHz, 6256.54 MHz, 6315.84 MHz, 6226.89 MHz, 11345.0 MHz, 11345.0 MHz, 11345.0 MHz, 11345.0 MHz, 11345.0 MHz, 11345.0 MHz, 11345.0 MHzGrant Date: 02/01/2011, Expiration Date: 02/01/2021, Cancellation Date: 09/21/2015, Certifier: Michael P GogginRegistrant: At&t Mobility LLC, 1120 20th Street, Nw - Suite 1000, Washington, DC 20036, Phone: (202) 457-2055, Fax: (202) 457-3073, Email:
- WVCD Studio, Soloman Blatt Blvd And Porter Drive (Lat: 33.307167 Lon: -81.129889), Type: Tower, Structure height: 38.1 m, Call Sign: WQAN417
Assigned Frequencies: 944.150 MHzGrant Date: 07/07/2004, Expiration Date: 12/01/2011, Certifier: King GodwinRegistrant: Graham Brock, Inc., St. Simons Island, GA 31522, Phone: (912) 638-8028, Fax: (912) 638-7722, Email:
- DENMARK, 3575 Carolina Highway (Lat: 33.342194 Lon: -81.139417), Type: Ltower, Structure height: 92.4 m, Overall height: 93.3 m, Call Sign: WQUT230
Assigned Frequencies: 6286.19 MHzGrant Date: 10/02/2014, Expiration Date: 10/02/2024, Cancellation Date: 01/21/2016, Certifier: John E MondayRegistrant: At&t Mobility LLC, 3300 E. Renner Road #b3132, Richardson, TX 75082, Phone: (855) 699-7073, Fax: (972) 907-1131, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:8 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Denmark)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Denmark and their reported violations in the past:DENMARK TOWN OF (0510002) (Population served: 3,800, Groundwater):
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In AUG-2005, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (SEP-19-2005), St Violation/Reminder Notice (SEP-19-2005), St Public Notif received (SEP-23-2005), St Compliance achieved (2 times from APR-25-2006 to JUL-23-2007)
- Follow-up Or Routine LCR Tap M/R - In JUL-01-2011, Contaminant: Lead and Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Violation/Reminder Notice (AUG-05-2011), St Compliance achieved (JUN-30-2012)
- Failure Submit IDSE/Subpart V Plan Rpt - In JUL-02-2010, Contaminant: DBP STAGE 2. Follow-up actions: St Formal NOV issued (OCT-14-2010), St Show-cause Hearing (OCT-29-2010), St Admin Penalty assessed (NOV-15-2010), St AO (w/penalty) issued (NOV-15-2010), St Compliance achieved (APR-03-2012)
- Monitoring, Routine (IDSE) - In APR-02-2008, Contaminant: DBP STAGE 2. Follow-up actions: St Formal NOV issued (OCT-14-2010), St Show-cause Hearing (OCT-29-2010), St Admin Penalty assessed (NOV-15-2010), St AO (w/penalty) issued (NOV-15-2010), St Compliance achieved (FEB-09-2011)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 10
- Good Intent Call: 1
Incident types - Denmark
|Most common first names in Denmark, SC among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Denmark, SC among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (75%)
- Utility gas (14%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (7%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (5%)
|Businesses in Denmark, SC|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||Subway||1|
Denmark compared to South Carolina state average:
- Median household income significantly below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students significantly above state average.
Denmark on our top lists:
- #90 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the least cars per house, population 500+"
Total of 3 patent applications in 2008-2017.