We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||54.8 years|
|Maine median age:||43.0 years|
Zip codes: 04785.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $21,200 (it was $13,600 in 2000)
Hamlin town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $107,597 (it was $63,600 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $125,039; Detached houses: $133,261; Townhouses or other attached units: $227,405; In 2-unit structures: $202,827; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $29,654; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $218,247; Mobile homes: $46,901; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $121,366
Races in Hamlin, ME (2010)
- 20694.1%White alone
- 73.2%Asian alone
- 52.3%Two or more races
- 10.5%American Indian alone
|Maine first lady take a waitress job (57 replies)|
|Tax Friendly, Modern, Family-Sized, Reasonably Priced Homes (14 replies)|
|Has anyone ever been to Clayton Lake? (14 replies)|
|Great Maine Books (49 replies)|
|Questions about Caribou Maine (35 replies)|
|Quick help for tomorrow please if you can? (15 replies)|
Latest news from Hamlin, ME collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: French (71.2%), English (9.3%), French Canadian (9.3%), Irish (9.3%), United States (3.5%), Scottish (1.9%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 537 feet
Land area: 23.3 square miles.
Population density: 9.4 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Hamlin:
- High school or higher: 66.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 9.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.6%
- Unemployed: 5.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 10.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Hamlin town:
- Never married: 26.7%
- Now married: 62.3%
- Separated: 0.8%
- Widowed: 4.7%
- Divorced: 5.5%
31 residents are foreign born (12.1% North America).
According to our research of Maine and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Hamlin, Maine as of February 20, 2019.
The ratio of number of residents in Hamlin to the number of sex offenders is 219 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Hamlin town:||1.3% ($825)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Portland, ME (264.6 miles , pop. 64,249).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (366.3 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (525.5 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Van Buren, ME (2.6 miles ), Caswell, ME (2.8 miles ), Loring AFB, ME (3.3 miles ), Limestone, ME (3.5 miles ), Stockholm, ME (3.8 miles ), New Sweden, ME (3.9 miles ), Caribou, ME (4.2 miles ), Grand Isle, ME (4.3 miles ).
Latitude: 47.09 N, Longitude: 67.85 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 207
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (17%)
- Public administration (14%)
- Food (12%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (10%)
- Gasoline stations (10%)
- Groceries and related products merchant wholesalers (5%)
- Finance and insurance (5%)
- Health care (42%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (9%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (7%)
- Religious, grantmaking, civic, professional, and similar organizations (7%)
- Rail transportation (5%)
- Food and beverage stores (4%)
- Gasoline stations (4%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (12%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (10%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (10%)
- Farmers and farm managers (7%)
- Other financial specialists (7%)
- Pipelayers, plumbers, pipefitters, and steamfitters (7%)
- Financial managers (5%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (22%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (16%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (11%)
- Supervisors and other personal care and service workers except personal appearance, transportation, and child care workers (7%)
- Registered nurses (5%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (4%)
Average climate in Hamlin, Maine
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Hamlin-area historical earthquake activity is below Maine state average. It is 95% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/14/2006 at 09:34:49, a magnitude 4.0 (3.5 MW, 4.0 LG, Depth: 14.9 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 40.9 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 335.4 miles away from Hamlin center
On 10/3/2006 at 00:07:38, a magnitude 4.3 (3.8 MB, 3.8 MW, 4.3 LG, Depth: 4.0 mi) earthquake occurred 190.5 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 382.1 miles away from the city center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 308.2 miles away from Hamlin center
On 9/16/1994 at 04:22:42, a magnitude 3.6 (3.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 124.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Aroostook County (21) is a lot greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 12
Emergencies Declared: 9
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 10, Storms: 8, Snows: 7, Heavy Rains: 2, Blizzard: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snowfall: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Hamlin:
- University of Maine (about 157 miles; Orono, ME; Full-time enrollment: 8,931)
- Husson University (about 163 miles; Bangor, ME; FT enrollment: 2,421)
- University of Maine at Farmington (about 201 miles; Farmington, ME; FT enrollment: 2,036)
- University of Maine at Augusta (about 213 miles; Augusta, ME; FT enrollment: 3,204)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (about 260 miles; Standish, ME; FT enrollment: 2,010)
- Southern Maine Community College (about 265 miles; South Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 4,666)
- University of Southern Maine (about 265 miles; Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 6,647)
Church in Hamlin: Saint Joseph Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemetery: Saint Josephs Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Hammond Brook (A), Martin Brook (B), Boney Brook (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2010 was 30.7. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2010 was 17.6. This is about average. Closest monitor was 5.8 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 2.1% of all households
7 people in homes for the mentally retarded in 2000
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Hamlin town (based on Aroostook County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Aroostook County:||4.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Aroostook County:||2.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Aroostook County:||7.78 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.02 / 10,000 pop.|
3.21% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($33,766 average adjusted gross income)
0.08% of residents moved from foreign countries ($1,181 average AGI)
Aroostook County: 0.08% Maine average: 0.04%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Penobscot County, ME||0.46% ($28,764 average AGI)|
|from Cumberland County, ME||0.20% ($23,132)|
|from Hartford County, CT||0.09% ($34,920)|
3.74% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($34,623 average adjusted gross income)
0.11% of residents moved to foreign countries ($830 average AGI)
Aroostook County: 0.11% Maine average: 0.05%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Hamlin:
- WFST (600 AM; 5 kW; CARIBOU, ME; Owner: NORTHERN BROADCAST MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WEGP (1390 AM; 5 kW; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: DECELLES/SMITH MEDIA, INC.)
- WREM (710 AM; daytime; 5 kW; MONTICELLO, ME; Owner: ALLAN H WEINER)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WICY (1490 AM; 50 kW; MALONE, NY; Owner: CARTIER COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Hamlin:
- WBPW (96.9 FM; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WQHR (96.1 FM; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WOZI (101.9 FM; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WMEM (106.1 FM; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: MAINE PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WCXU (97.7 FM; CARIBOU, ME; Owner: THE CANXUS BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
Hamlin fatal accident list:
Nov 12, 1998 00:05 AM, Us-1a, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 4, Fatalities: 2, Drunken persons involved: 1
Jan 6, 1991 08:00 PM, 1a, Vehicles: 4, Persons: 4, Fatalities: 1
Aug 25, 1985 00:30 AM, 63446345, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
Aug 27, 1983 01:15 AM, 63406341, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 2Number of bridges
- 2m7ftTotal length
- 1,557Total average daily traffic
- 124Total average daily truck traffic
- 2,336Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:1
- Call Sign: KB1VNZ, Licensee ID: L01632649, Grant Date: 04/19/2011, Expiration Date: 04/19/2021, Certifier: Theodore L Andrews, Registrant: Theodore L Andrews, 1664 Hamlin Rd, Hamlin, ME 04785
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Hazardous Condition: 1
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (72%)
- Wood (28%)
Hamlin compared to Maine state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.