Hereford: Hereford Grain elevators Hereford Texas
Hereford: This is at the Aquatic Center Park
Hereford: A spring rain event on FM 1412, 15 miles north of Hereford
Hereford: Sunset on FM 1412 15 miles north of Hereford
Hereford: Hereford Texas On a cold winter morning2006-2007
Hereford: Passing By 1st Street
Hereford: Flood At Aquadic Center
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||29.7 years|
|Texas median age:||34.0 years|
Zip codes: 79045.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $16,510 (it was $12,787 in 2000)
Hereford city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $80,490 (it was $45,200 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2013: $557.
Races in Hereford, TX (2013)
- 3,81424.7%White alone
- 1460.9%Black alone
- 1170.8%Two or more races
- 740.5%American Indian alone
- 360.2%Asian alone
|Only in texas (31 replies)|
|City in Texas with the lowest crime (32 replies)|
|? Best Climate in Texas ? (44 replies)|
|Moving Family To Texas (35 replies)|
|Cities with cool and worst names? (74 replies)|
|Texas Trivia (1626 replies)|
Latest news from Hereford, TX collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (7.1%), Irish (3.5%), United States (2.9%), English (2.3%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 5.61 square miles.
Population density: 2,710 people per square mile(average).
For population 25 years and over in Hereford:
- High school or higher: 66.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 15.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.7%
- Unemployed: 8.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 13.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Hereford city:
- Never married: 27.0%
- Now married: 55.2%
- Separated: 3.2%
- Widowed: 5.7%
- Divorced: 8.9%
2,657 residents are foreign born (16.8% Latin America).
According to our research of Texas and other state lists there were 89 registered sex offenders living in Hereford, Texas as of September 01, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Hereford to the number of sex offenders is 172 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $1,703 (2.2%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $1,251 (1.8%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Amarillo, TX (40.8 miles , pop. 173,627).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Albuquerque, NM (239.5 miles , pop. 448,607).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (351.4 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Dimmitt, TX (4.4 miles ), Friona, TX (4.7 miles ), Nazareth, TX (5.1 miles ), Canyon, TX (5.4 miles ), Vega, TX (5.4 miles ), Happy, TX (5.6 miles ), North Randall, TX (5.8 miles ), Hart, TX (5.8 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 2 buildings, average cost: $70,300
- 1998: 1 building, cost: $100,000
- 1999: 2 buildings, average cost: $142,300
- 2000: 3 buildings, average cost: $120,000
- 2001: 1 building, cost: $164,000
- 2002: 2 buildings, average cost: $227,500
- 2003: 3 buildings, average cost: $198,300
- 2004: 6 buildings, average cost: $124,800
- 2005: 17 buildings, average cost: $135,000
- 2006: 17 buildings, average cost: $136,200
- 2007: 25 buildings, average cost: $150,000
- 2008: 10 buildings, average cost: $119,000
- 2009: 2 buildings, average cost: $237,500
- 2010: 1 building, cost: $140,000
- 2011: 4 buildings, average cost: $75,000
- 2012: 1 building, cost: $83,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 34.82 N, Longitude: 102.40 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +168 (+1.1%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 3,702 (64.1%)
Area code: 806
|Crime rates in Hereford by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 294.7)||336.9||319.5||344.6||286.0||273.6||289.8||257.3||312.4||293.6||249.1||215.7||144.3||276.3|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Hereford detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.44|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -370 (-2.5%).
- Manufacturing (20%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (19%)
- Construction (12%)
- Retail trade (9%)
- Transportation and warehousing (7%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Other services, except public administration (5%)
- Educational services (21%)
- Health care and social assistance (17%)
- Retail trade (16%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Manufacturing (6%)
- Other services, except public administration (6%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (5%)
- Production occupations (19%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (14%)
- Transportation occupations (10%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (9%)
- Management occupations (9%)
- Sales and related occupations (8%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (18%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (17%)
- Sales and related occupations (11%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (10%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Management occupations (6%)
- Production occupations (6%)
Average climate in Hereford, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Hereford-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Texas state average. It is 51% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/19/1971, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 1.6 miles away from the Hereford city center injured 24 people.
On 4/17/1970, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 33.1 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 13 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Hereford-area historical earthquake activity is significantly above Texas state average. It is 9% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 155.4 miles away from the city center
On 1/2/1992 at 11:45:35, a magnitude 5.0 (4.6 MB, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 176.7 miles away from Hereford center
On 4/14/1995 at 00:32:56, a magnitude 5.7 (5.6 MB, 5.7 MS, 5.7 MW, Depth: 11.1 mi) earthquake occurred 319.3 miles away from the city center
On 8/10/2005 at 22:08:22, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 196.7 miles away from the city center
On 2/15/1974 at 13:33:49, a magnitude 4.6 (4.5 MB, 4.6 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 150.5 miles away from Hereford center
On 8/17/2000 at 01:08:05, a magnitude 3.9 (3.9 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 51.4 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Del Norte County (12) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 11
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 10, Storms: 7, Landslides: 3, Winter Storms: 3, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Tornado: 1, Tsunami Wave: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Edgar Mitchell - Astronaut, Frank Ford (farmer) - Farmer, Kamie Ethridge - Basketball player, Paul Baker (teacher) - Theatre director, Andrew Carnahan - Football player, Ron Ely - Actor, Sean Martin (cartoonist) - Cartoonist.
Hospitals and medical centers in Hereford:
- GRASSLAND GROUP HOME (323 STAR ST)
- HEREFORD REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (Government - Hospital District or Authority, provides emergency services, 801 EAST THIRD)
- FRESENIUS MEDICAL CARE HEREFORD (533 N 25 MILE AVE STE A)
- HEREFORD REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER HOME CARE (540 WEST 15TH STREET)
- GOLDEN PLAINS CARE CENTER OF HEREFORD (420 RANGER DRIVE)
- HEREFORD NURSING AND REHABILITATION (231 KINGWOOD ST)
- KINGS MANOR METHODIST HOME (400 RANGER DR)
Airports located in Hereford:
- Hereford Municipal Airport (Runways: 2, Air Taxi Ops: 15, Itinerant Ops: 2,700, Local Ops: 10,680, Military Ops: 40)
- Kimball Farm Service Inc Airport (Runways: 1)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Hereford:
- West Texas A & M University (about 30 miles; Canyon, TX; Full-time enrollment: 6,820)
- Amarillo College (about 41 miles; Amarillo, TX; FT enrollment: 6,622)
- Wayland Baptist University (about 59 miles; Plainview, TX; FT enrollment: 5,526)
- Eastern New Mexico University-Main Campus (about 71 miles; Portales, NM; FT enrollment: 4,263)
- South Plains College (about 87 miles; Levelland, TX; FT enrollment: 7,007)
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (about 90 miles; Lubbock, TX; FT enrollment: 3,269)
- Texas Tech University (about 91 miles; Lubbock, TX; FT enrollment: 29,251)
Public high school in Hereford:
- Hereford High School (Students: 1175; Location: 200 AVE F; Grades: 9-12; Our rating: 57)
Private high school in Hereford:
Public elementary/middle schools in Hereford:
- Hereford J H School (Students: 886; Location: 704 LA PLATA DR; Grades: 6-8; Our rating: 14)
- Northwest Elementary School (Students: 462; Location: 400 MOREMAN; Grades: PK-5; Our rating: 60)
- Aikman Elementary School (Students: 406; Location: 900 AVE K; Grades: K-5; Our rating: 48)
- Tierra Blanca Elementary School (Students: 385; Location: 615 COLUMBIA DR; Grades: K-5; Our rating: 39)
- Special Programs Center School (Students: 353; Location: 711 PARK AVE; Grades: EE PK)
- Bluebonnet Elementary School (Students: 310; Location: 221 16TH ST; Grades: K-5; Our rating: 64)
- West Central Elementary School (Students: 305; Location: 120 CAMPBELL ST; Grades: K-5; Our rating: 69)
- Walcott Elementary School (Students: 138; Location: 4275 HWY 214; Grades: PK-6; Our rating: 86)
Private elementary/middle schools in Hereford:
Notable locations in Hereford: Deaf Smith County Courthouse (A), Hereford Fire Department (B), The National Cowgirl Hall of Fame and Western Heritage Center (C), Deaf Smith County Historical Museum (D), Hereford Emergency Medical Service (E), E B Black House (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Hereford include: Trinity Fellowship Church (A), Parkside Chapel Church (B), Fellowship of Believers Church (C), Seventh Day Adventist Church (D), Wesley United Methodist Church (E), Saint Thomas Episcopal Church (F), Church of God (G), Spanish Church of Christ (H), Church of Christ Central (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Hereford include: Jaycee Park (1), North Park (2), Veterans Park (3), Dameron Park (4). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotels: Budget Motor Inn (915 West Highway 60), Best Western Red Carpet Inn (830 West 1st Street).
Courts: Hereford-City - Municipal Court (212 Lee Avenue), Deaf Smith County - Commissioners Court (235 East 3rd Street).
(7.6% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 20.7% for Black residents, 27.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 12.7% for American Indian residents, 40.9% for other race residents, 20.9% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||3.0 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
People in group quarters in Hereford in 2010:
- 153 people in workers' group living quarters and job corps centers
- 126 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 79 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 7 people in group homes for juveniles (non-correctional)
- 6 people in group homes intended for adults
People in group quarters in Hereford in 2000:
- 152 people in nursing homes
- 90 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 11 people in homes for the mentally retarded
Hereford compared to Texas state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Banks with branches in Hereford (2011 data):
- First National Bank of Hereford: First National Bank Of Hereford at 301 West Third, branch established on 1999/12/06; North Branch at 403 N 25 Mile Avenue, branch established on 2008/11/01. Info updated 2008/04/17: Bank assets: $128.9 mil, Deposits: $111.3 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 3 total offices, Holding Company: La Plata Bancshares, Inc.
- Happy State Bank: 501 West Park Ave Branch at 501 West Park Ave, branch established on 1928/01/01. Info updated 2011/07/12: Bank assets: $1,840.0 mil, Deposits: $1,625.4 mil, headquarters in Happy, TX, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 29 total offices, Holding Company: Happy Bancshares, Inc.
- FirstBank Southwest: Hereford Branch at 300 North Main Street, branch established on 1900/10/23. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $825.3 mil, Deposits: $749.6 mil, headquarters in Amarillo, TX, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 9 total offices, Holding Company: Firstperryton Bancorp, Inc.
- FIRST FINANCIAL BANK: First Financial Bank at Third And Sampson Streets, branch established on 1947/06/16. Info updated 2009/06/22: Bank assets: $164.9 mil, Deposits: $138.7 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 1 total offices, Holding Company: First Financial Bankshares, Inc.
- First National Bank Texas: Hereford Banking Center - Rc 891 at 300 West 19th Street, branch established on 2005/01/26. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $944.3 mil, Deposits: $815.9 mil, headquarters in Killeen, TX, positive income, Mortgage Lending Specialization, 250 total offices, Holding Company: First Community Bancshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (70%)
- Electricity (29%)
- No fuel used (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Hereford city (based on Deaf Smith County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Deaf Smith County:||1.63 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.54 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Deaf Smith County:||5.98 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.98 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.13 / 10,000 pop.|
|Deaf Smith County:||26.9%|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||6||$31,296||$62,592||0||$0|
|Judicial and Legal||2||$7,216||$43,296||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||25||$95,707||$45,939||0||$0|
|Police - Other||5||$14,639||$35,134||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||9||$26,824||$35,765||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||1||$2,641||$31,692||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||16||$42,573||$31,930||14||$4,483|
|Other and Unallocable||2||$10,636||$63,816||3||$559|
|Totals for Government||86||$307,371||$42,889||18||$5,914|
Strongest AM radio stations in Hereford:
- KPAN (860 AM; 0 kW; HEREFORD, TX; Owner: KPAN BROADCASTERS)
- KICA (980 AM; 50 kW; CLOVIS, NM; Owner: BROADCAST ENTERTAINMENT CORPORATION)
- KMUL (1380 AM; 50 kW; MULESHOE, TX; Owner: BROADCAST ENTERTAINMENT CORPORATION)
- KIJN (1060 AM; daytime; 10 kW; FARWELL, TX; Owner: METROPOLITIAN RADIO GROUP, INC.)
- KGNC (710 AM; 10 kW; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KIXZ (940 AM; 5 kW; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KPUR (1440 AM; 5 kW; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KTNZ (1010 AM; 5 kW; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: AMIGO RADIO, LTD.)
- KGYN (1210 AM; 50 kW; GUYMON, OK; Owner: TELNS BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KINF (1020 AM; 50 kW; ROSWELL, NM; Owner: JAMES CRYSTAL HOLDINGS OF NEW MEXICO, INC.)
- KKOB (770 AM; 50 kW; ALBUQUERQUE, NM; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KDHN (1470 AM; 1 kW; DIMMITT, TX; Owner: COLLINS COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY)
- KVOP (1090 AM; 5 kW; PLAINVIEW, TX; Owner: EQUICOM, INC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Hereford:
- KJNZ (103.5 FM; HEREFORD, TX; Owner: TAHOKA RADIO, LLC)
- KPAN-FM (106.3 FM; HEREFORD, TX; Owner: KPAN BROADCASTERS)
- KNNK (100.5 FM; DIMMITT, TX; Owner: JAMES D. PEELER)
- K214CC (90.7 FM; HEREFORD, TX; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- KXGL (100.9 FM; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: FEUER/MCCORD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KGRW (94.7 FM; FRIONA, TX; Owner: AMIGO RADIO, LTD.)
- KZRK-FM (107.9 FM; CANYON, TX; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KGNC-FM (97.9 FM; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KMXJ-FM (94.1 FM; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KBTE (104.9 FM; TULIA, TX; Owner: DOVE MEDIA, INC.)
- K201EP (88.1 FM; HEREFORD, TX; Owner: PAULINO BERNAL EVANGELISM)
TV broadcast stations around Hereford:
- KVII-TV (Channel 7; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: NVG-AMARILLO, LLC)
- KACV-TV (Channel 2; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: AMARILLO JUNIOR COLLEGE DISTRICT)
- KFDA-TV (Channel 10; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: PANHANDLE TELECASTING CO.)
- KCIT (Channel 14; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: MISSION BROADCASTING OF AMARILLO LICENSE, INC.)
- KAMR-TV (Channel 4; AMARILLO, TX; Owner: QUORUM OF AMARILLO LICENSE, LLC)
- KCVP-LP (Channel 34; CLOVIS, NM; Owner: PRIME TIME CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING, INC.)
Fatal accident count (per 100,000 population)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 96 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Hereford, TX)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 29 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 32 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 4 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 13 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Hereford)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 43 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Hereford)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 141
- Hazardous Condition: 16
- Good Intent Call: 5
Incident types - Hereford
|Most common first names in Hereford, TX among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Hereford, TX among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Hereford, TX|
|Dairy Queen||1||True Value||2|
|Holiday Inn||1||Verizon Wireless||1|
|Long John Silver's||1|
Hereford on our top lists:
- #88 on the list of "Top 100 cities with lowest ratio of median house value to median household income (pop. 5,000+)"
- #58 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of children under 18 without health insurance coverage in 2000"
- #64 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest number of births per 1000 residents 2000-2003"
Total of 5 patent applications in 2008-2015.