We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||37.1 years|
|Alabama median age:||38.3 years|
Zip codes: 36545.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $22,160 (it was $17,346 in 2000)
Jackson city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $90,147 (it was $71,600 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $105,478; Detached houses: $117,224; Mobile homes: $16,479
Median gross rent in 2013: $478.
Races in Jackson, AL (2010)
- 2,83354.2%White alone
- 2,23042.7%Black alone
- 370.7%American Indian alone
- 370.7%Two or more races
- 180.3%Asian alone
|Dale Jackson - WVNN Talk Show Host (53 replies)|
|Dale Jackson's Advertisments (12 replies)|
|Birmingham retail wish list (745 replies)|
|"If you're not in Birmingham, you're just in Alabama!" (175 replies)|
|Why is Huntsville annexing so much land? (64 replies)|
|New or upcoming projects in the Birmingham Metro Area (752 replies)|
Latest news from Jackson, AL collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: United States (12.0%), English (7.2%), German (4.4%), Irish (2.9%), Scotch-Irish (2.4%), French (1.0%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 227 feet
Land area: 15.1 square miles.
Population density: 338 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Jackson:
- High school or higher: 83.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 19.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.8%
- Unemployed: 10.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 24.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Jackson city:
- Never married: 31.5%
- Now married: 47.3%
- Separated: 3.4%
- Widowed: 7.7%
- Divorced: 10.1%
58 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Alabama and other state lists there were 27 registered sex offenders living in Jackson, Alabama as of September 03, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Jackson to the number of sex offenders is 188 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $296 (0.3%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $316 (0.4%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Mobile, AL (59.6 miles , pop. 198,915).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Montgomery, AL (111.0 miles , pop. 201,568).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Houston, TX (462.0 miles , pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: Leroy, AL (2.4 miles ), Rockville, AL (2.8 miles) , St. Stephens, AL (3.1 miles ), Wagarville, AL (3.3 miles ), Carlton, AL (3.6 miles) , Whatley, AL (3.8 miles) , Grove Hill, AL (3.8 miles ), McIntosh, AL (4.4 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 30 buildings, average cost: $75,800
- 1998: 30 buildings, average cost: $75,800
- 1999: 4 buildings, average cost: $113,800
- 2000: 4 buildings, average cost: $137,500
- 2001: 5 buildings, average cost: $137,500
- 2002: 5 buildings, average cost: $137,500
- 2003: 3 buildings, average cost: $139,000
- 2004: 6 buildings, average cost: $123,700
- 2006: 5 buildings, average cost: $157,600
- 2007: 7 buildings, average cost: $161,500
- 2008: 6 buildings, average cost: $169,200
- 2009: 7 buildings, average cost: $303,600
- 2010: 1 building, cost: $155,000
- 2011: 1 building, cost: $155,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 31.52 N, Longitude: 87.89 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,237 (+24.0%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 872 (45.0%)
Area code: 251
|Crime rates in Jackson by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 294.5)||386.9||391.1||399.4||350.7||313.6||338.3||404.0||403.1||389.1|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Jackson detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||3.77|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -423 (-7.2%).
- Manufacturing (35%)
- Retail trade (16%)
- Construction (15%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Utilities (5%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Wholesale trade (3%)
- Educational services (18%)
- Health care and social assistance (15%)
- Retail trade (14%)
- Manufacturing (12%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Information (7%)
- Utilities (5%)
- Production occupations (18%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (14%)
- Transportation occupations (10%)
- Sales and related occupations (9%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (9%)
- Material moving occupations (8%)
- Management occupations (7%)
- Sales and related occupations (17%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (16%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (15%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (8%)
- Production occupations (8%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (8%)
- Management occupations (6%)
Average climate in Jackson, Alabama
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Jackson-area historical tornado activity is below Alabama state average. It is 29% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/24/1984, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 0.9 miles away from the Jackson city center caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 1/23/1953, a category F3 tornado 3.4 miles away from the city center injured one person and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Jackson-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Alabama state average. It is 83% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/24/1997 at 08:35:17, a magnitude 4.9 (4.8 MB, 4.2 MS, 4.9 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 45.8 miles away from the city center
On 1/18/1999 at 07:00:53, a magnitude 4.8 (4.8 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 0.6 mi) earthquake occurred 135.4 miles away from Jackson center
On 11/7/2004 at 11:20:21, a magnitude 4.4 (4.4 MB, 4.3 MW, 4.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 78.0 miles away from the city center
On 9/10/2006 at 14:56:08, a magnitude 5.9 (5.9 MB, 5.5 MS, 5.8 MW, Depth: 8.7 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 372.5 miles away from the city center
On 2/10/2006 at 04:14:22, a magnitude 5.3 (4.2 MB, 5.3 MS, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 291.0 miles away from Jackson center
On 6/24/1975 at 11:11:36, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB) earthquake occurred 152.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Clarke County (19) is greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 12
Emergencies Declared: 7
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 10, Floods: 6, Storms: 6, Tornadoes: 6, Winds: 3, Drought: 1, Snowfall: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Antonio Chatman - 2005 NFL player (Green Bay Packers, born: Feb 12, 1979), Stew Bolen - Baseball player.
Hospitals and medical centers in Jackson:
- ASERACARE HOSPICE-JACKSON (4115 COLLEGE AVENUE)
- HOMETOWN HOSPICE, INC (1447 COLLEGE AVE)
- JACKSON MEDICAL CENTER (Proprietary, provides emergency services, 220 HOSPITAL DRIVE)
- FMC JACKSON (TOMBIGBEE) (215 WALKER SPRINGS RD)
- JACKSON MEDICAL CENTER HOME HEALTH (112 FOREST AVENUE)
- JACKSON HEALTH CARE FACILITY (2616 NORTH COLLEGE AVENUE)
Airports located in Jackson:
- Jackson Municipal Airport (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 2,200, Local Ops: 600)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Jackson:
- James H Faulkner State Community College (about 47 miles; Bay Minette, AL; Full-time enrollment: 3,703)
- Bishop State Community College (about 59 miles; Mobile, AL; FT enrollment: 2,822)
- University of South Alabama (about 60 miles; Mobile, AL; FT enrollment: 13,228)
- University of West Alabama (about 77 miles; Livingston, AL; FT enrollment: 3,394)
- Meridian Community College (about 77 miles; Meridian, MS; FT enrollment: 2,750)
- Jones County Junior College (about 78 miles; Ellisville, MS; FT enrollment: 3,942)
- The University of West Florida (about 79 miles; Pensacola, FL; FT enrollment: 10,240)
Public high school in Jackson:
- Jackson High School (Students: 588; Location: 321 STANLEY DR; Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Jackson:
User submitted facts and corrections:
- There is a private school in Jackson, AL Jackson Academy
Notable locations in Jackson: Jackson Links Golf Course (A), Jackson West Industrial Park (B), Jackson River Park (C), Jackson Station (D), Jackson Landing (E), The Meadows of Jackson Nursing Home (F), White Smith Memorial Library (G), Jackson Fire Department Station 2 (H), Jackson Fire Department Station 4 (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Centers: Jackson Shopping Center (1), Jackson Square Shopping Center (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Jackson include: Saint Marks Church (A), First Baptist Church of Uriah (B), First Presbyterian Church (C), Magnolia Church (D), Visitation Roman Catholic Church (E), Church of Christ (F), Grace Baptist Church (G), McCanns Chapel United Methodist Church (H), Forest Avenue Baptist Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: McKenzie Cemetery (1), Jackson Memorial Gardens Cemetery (2), Parker Bell Cemetery (3), Forman Cemetery (4), Pine Crest Cemetery (5). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Jackson: John D Simpkins Stadium (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Hotels: Econo Lodge Jackson (3680 North College Avenue), Downtown Inn (3207 North College Avenue), Best Western Suites (3218 College Avenue), Guest House Motel (3680 North College Avenue).
Court: Jackson City - Municipal Court (126 College Avenue).
Drinking water stations with addresses in Jackson and their reported violations in the past:JACKSON WATER WORKS & SEWER BOARD (Address: 2751 COMMERCE STREET , Population served: 8,283, Surface water):
Past monitoring violations:OLD LINE WATER SYSTEM (Population served: 3,768, Purch surface water):
- 2 minor monitoring violations
Past health violations:
- MCL, Average - Between APR-2008 and JUN-2008, Contaminant: TTHM. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (AUG-07-2008), St Violation/Reminder Notice (AUG-07-2008), St Public Notif received (AUG-29-2008), St Compliance achieved (JUL-07-2009)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Jackson that have no violations reported:
- MCVAY WATER SYSTEM (Population served: 1,482, Primary Water Source Type: Purch surface water)
(7.3% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 46.4% for Black residents, 100.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 99.3% for American Indian residents, 100.0% for other race residents, 5.4% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
6 people in group homes intended for adults in 2010
100 people in nursing homes in 2000
Jackson compared to Alabama state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Banks with branches in Jackson (2011 data):
- Merchants Bank: Downtown Branch at 101 College Avenue, branch established on 1978/05/08; at 1901 North College Avenue, branch established on 1962/11/16. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $206.4 mil, Deposits: $184.5 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 6 total offices, Holding Company: Merchants Trust, Inc.
- First United Security Bank: Jackson Branch at 208 Commerce Street, branch established on 1936/08/01; North College Avenue Branch at 2101 College Ave,, branch established on 1992/03/16. Info updated 2012/01/12: Bank assets: $624.2 mil, Deposits: $527.4 mil, headquarters in Thomasville, AL, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 19 total offices, Holding Company: United Security Bancshares, Inc.
- Regions Bank: Jackson Branch at 1831 North College Avenue, branch established on 1975/04/16. Info updated 2011/02/24: Bank assets: $123,368.2 mil, Deposits: $98,301.3 mil, headquarters in Birmingham, AL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1778 total offices, Holding Company: Regions Financial Corporation
- Capstone Bank: Jackson Branch at 1600 College Avenue, branch established on 2011/02/07. Info updated 2011/03/21: Bank assets: $382.0 mil, Deposits: $327.4 mil, headquarters in Tuscaloosa, AL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 8 total offices, Holding Company: Capstone Bancshares, Inc.
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Jackson, Alabama:
- Econo Lodge, 3680 N College Ave, Jackson, AL 36545 , Phone: (251) 246-4111, Fax: (251) 246-0099
- Hampton Inn, 4150 N College Ave, Jackson, AL 36545 , Phone: (251) 246-7300, Fax: (251) 246-7377
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (67%)
- Utility gas (31%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
- Wood (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Jackson city (based on Clarke County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Clarke County:||3.02 / 10,000 pop.|
|Alabama:||1.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.76 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Clarke County:||7.18 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.04 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||2||$14,412||$86,472||0||$0|
|Judicial and Legal||1||$3,393||$40,716||1||$930|
|Police Protection - Officers||21||$78,367||$44,781||1||$616|
|Streets and Highways||2||$9,133||$54,798||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||12||$26,468||$26,468||0||$0|
|Housing and Community Development(Local)||0||$0||3||$3,291|
|Totals for Government||54||$192,543||$42,787||9||$10,666|
Jackson government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - General: $418,000 ($81.93)
Housing & Community Development: $277,000 ($54.29)
- Current Operations - Police Protection: $1,201,000 ($235.40)
Solid Waste Management: $800,000 ($156.80)
Water Utilities: $764,000 ($149.75)
Regular Highways: $399,000 ($78.20)
Central Staff Services: $360,000 ($70.56)
Financial Administration: $240,000 ($47.04)
Sewerage: $190,000 ($37.24)
Libraries: $156,000 ($30.58)
Parks & Recreation: $153,000 ($29.99)
Judicial and Legal Services: $78,000 ($15.29)
General - Other: $77,000 ($15.09)
Fire Protection: $71,000 ($13.92)
Air Transportation: $59,000 ($11.56)
Health Services - Other: $59,000 ($11.56)
Corrections - Other: $14,000 ($2.74)
- General - Interest on Debt: $879,000 ($172.29)
- Intergovernmental to Local NEC - Elementary and Secondary Education: $130,000 ($25.48)
Natural Resources: $5,000 ($0.98)
- Intergovernmental to State - Health: $3,000 ($0.59)
- Other Capital Outlay - Water Utilities: $563,000 ($110.35)
General - Other: $468,000 ($91.73)
Regular Highways: $27,000 ($5.29)
Police Protection: $21,000 ($4.12)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $1,503,000 ($294.59)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $133,000 ($26.07)
Jackson government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Air Transportation: $24,000 ($4.70)
- Charges - Solid Waste Management: $542,000 ($106.23)
Sewerage: $288,000 ($56.45)
All Other: $60,000 ($11.76)
Parks & Recreation: $3,000 ($0.59)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $569,000 ($111.52)
General Revenue, NEC: $467,000 ($91.53)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $1,154,000 ($226.19)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $208,000 ($40.77)
Highways: $91,000 ($17.84)
General Support: $20,000 ($3.92)
- Tax - Total General Sales: $2,835,000 ($555.66)
Public Utilities: $630,000 ($123.48)
Property: $260,000 ($50.96)
Motor Fuels Sales: $143,000 ($28.03)
NEC: $142,000 ($27.83)
Tobacco Sales: $30,000 ($5.88)
Motor Vehicle License: $14,000 ($2.74)
Jackson government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Industrial Revenue: $7,800,000 ($1528.81)
Water Utilities: $2,755,000 ($539.98)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $8,295,000 ($1625.83)
- Long Term Debt Issue, Unspecified - Other NEC: $317,000 ($62.13)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $8,048,000 ($1577.42)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Industrial Revenue: $7,100,000 ($1391.61)
Water Utilities: $2,635,000 ($516.46)
- Long Term Debt Retired Nonguaranteed - Industrial Revenue: $700,000 ($137.20)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $564,000 ($110.54)
Water Utilities: $120,000 ($23.52)
Jackson government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Bond Fund - Cash & Deposits: $535,000 ($104.86)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $2,058,000 ($403.37)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $7,794,000 ($1527.64)
4.59% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($34,340 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Mobile County, AL||0.69% ($25,083 average AGI)|
|from Washington County, AL||0.44% ($31,158)|
|from Marengo County, AL||0.30% ($35,423)|
5.07% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,640 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Jackson:
- WRJX (1230 AM; 1 kW; JACKSON, AL; Owner: CAPITAL ASSETS, INC)
- WASG (550 AM; 25 kW; ATMORE, AL; Owner: 550 AM, INC)
- WYNI (930 AM; 5 kW; MONROEVILLE, AL; Owner: MCKISSICK ENTERPRISES)
- WSJC (810 AM; 50 kW; MAGEE, MS; Owner: FAMILY TALK RADIO)
- WBCA (1110 AM; daytime; 10 kW; BAY MINETTE, AL; Owner: SOUTHERN MEDIA COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- WNTM (710 AM; 10 kW; MOBILE, AL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBHY (840 AM; daytime; 10 kW; MOBILE, AL; Owner: GOFORTH MEDIA, INC.)
- WDLT (660 AM; 10 kW; FAIRHOPE, AL; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WJOX (690 AM; 50 kW; BIRMINGHAM, AL; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WEBY (1330 AM; 25 kW; MILTON, FL; Owner: SPINNAKER LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WDJC (850 AM; 50 kW; BIRMINGHAM, AL; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WJDB (630 AM; 1 kW; THOMASVILLE, AL; Owner: GRIFFIN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WJNT (1180 AM; 50 kW; PEARL, MS; Owner: BUCHANAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Jackson:
- WHNB (94.5 FM; JACKSON, AL; Owner: CAPITAL ASSETS, INC.)
- WBMH (106.1 FM; GROVE HILL, AL; Owner: CAPITAL ASSETS, INC.)
- WJDB-FM (95.5 FM; THOMASVILLE, AL; Owner: GRIFFIN BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WMXC (99.9 FM; MOBILE, AL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WRKH (96.1 FM; MOBILE, AL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Jackson:
- W58AJ (Channel 58; JACKSON, AL; Owner: ALABAMA EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION COMMISSION)
- WKRG-TV (Channel 5; MOBILE, AL; Owner: MEDIA GENERAL BROADCASTING OF SOUTH CAROLINA HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WRBM-LP (Channel 60; PRICHARD, AL; Owner: UPPER GULF COAST, L.L.C.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2013 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 6Number of bridges
- 37m121ftTotal length
- $15,946,000Total costs
- 21,419Total average daily traffic
- 2,766Total average daily truck traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 89 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 5 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Jackson, AL)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 12 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 12 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 14 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Jackson)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 8 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Jackson)
|Most common first names in Jackson, AL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Jackson, AL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Jackson, AL|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||Pizza Hut||1|
|Econo Lodge||1||True Value||1|
Jackson on our top lists:
- #2 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Paper (population 5,000+)"
- #4 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (population 5,000+)"
- #6 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Financial specialists: (population 5,000+)"
- #11 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Paper"
- #15 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Utilities (population 5,000+)"
- #40 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest average humidity (population 5,000+)"
- #82 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most fatal accidents per 100,000 population from 1975 to 2008 (pop 5,000+)"
- #87 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating to other counties in 2006"
Total of 9 patent applications in 2008-2015.